Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It appears that none of this discussion was warranted in the first place:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/9192935/Anyone_here_using_the_Bushnell

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sigh.....no surprise that Safariman didn't listen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by 4ager
The rangefinder was no great shakes either.

Tells me exactly how much experience you have with either the 1600's or the 1 Miles, as the rangefinder in both trumps anything Leica, Zeiss, or Swarovski has to offer.

Bullschit. The Bushnells range a long way out, and give accurate measurements, but they are not nearly as fast to range or as forgiving as the Swaros.

Also, the glass on the 1 miles had better be a huge step up from the 1600s, as the 1600 glass is incredibly ordinary. As in, I would put them in the same quality range as blister pack Tascos.

A pretty darned good rangefinder wrapped in a real ordinary optics package.

If a guy is seriously looking for a goot set of binos and an LRF without spending high end money, a Bushnell ARC handheld rangefinder and a set of Cabelas Euro HDs, or something along those lines is how I would go.

Bingo!

I used separate binos and RF for years before going to the Fusion. I'd never go back to 2 separate units. And the first set of bins I ever used were Swaro SLC's. Maybe I got an exceptional pair of Fusion 1600's, but I have absolutely no complaints, other than the slightly green tint makes the glass a bit dimmer than comparable glass, though the resolution makes up for it.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
It isn't unreasonable to think that one of these days there will be a goo RF / binocular at a good under $1000 price it may be Vortex Nikon or someone else but it isn't Bushnell yet.

I have a friend who shoots Swarovski or Leupold scopes and he is sure they will have an affordable combo in the next couple of years so is sticking with his old Monarch binos.

His regular hunting partner couldn't wait and bought the EL range model last year.

Right now it seems big 3 or poor quality substitutes you can't blame safari man for hoping that his set might be the first reliable cheap set.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by specneeds
It isn't unreasonable to think that one of these days there will be a goo RF / binocular at a good under $1000 price it may be Vortex Nikon or someone else but it isn't Bushnell yet.

I have a friend who shoots Swarovski or Leupold scopes and he is sure they will have an affordable combo in the next couple of years so is sticking with his old Monarch binos.

His regular hunting partner couldn't wait and bought the EL range model last year.

Right now it seems big 3 or poor quality substitutes you can't blame safari man for hoping that his set might be the first reliable cheap set.

Geezus! So, what's your hands-on experience with the Fusion 1 Miles, or for that matter, any combo bino/LRF?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The next level of improvement in optics will not be the glass or the currently used prism systems.

They will be electronically image stabilized like cameras. There is no place left to go with the alpha glass. The current construction and glass is at the apex of development.

I think it has been now for the last ten years. The improvements in coatings are all that is possible. However the image stabilized rangefinder market is going to be the next big advance.

Imagine 20-30 power handheld zoom image stabilized with a 2500 yard rangefinder.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJHACK
The next level of improvement in optics will not be the glass or the currently used prism systems.

They will be electronically image stabilized like cameras. There is no place left to go with the alpha glass. The current construction and glass is at the apex of development.

I think it has been now for the last ten years. The improvements in coatings are all that is possible. However the image stabilized rangefinder market is going to be the next big advance.

Imagine 20-30 power handheld zoom image stabilized with a 2500 yard rangefinder.

As long as it's made by a company with good QC and good CS (a killer warranty would be nice, too), SIGN ME UP!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 11point, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 86 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.