Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday was to be my first deer hunt of the year. After I came off the stand about 10:00 AM, I got a frantic call from my wife. Two pit bulls had gotten into our yard, had killed one of our 5 month old kittens and were acting very aggressive towards the wife when she tried to scare them out of the yard. I was a good hour away from home so as I hauled butt home, she called the police. By the time I got home, there were 4 policemen and an "animal cop" chasing the dogs around the neighborhood. One of them had taken a shot at the more aggressive one when it lunged at him but missed. I was hoping the dogs would still be in my yard when I get there so I'd have the pleasure of blowing their heads off. They finally managed to catch them one street over about an hour after I got home. They assured us they would be put down.
I love dogs. I don't currently own one but have had them my whole life. You often hear that pit bulls are "misunderstood" and unfairly stereotyped. I do believe the way they are treated has a lot to do with it. These fu**ing hoodrats around here keep pit bulls for fighting, protecting their stash and as as "status symbol" to show off to the other thugs, much like their gold teeth and flashy rims. You know these dogs are trained to be aggressive, they are not pets. Still you very rarely hear of a Lab, or a Pointer, or a Dalmation doing the deeds that pit bulls are always doing. One of my best friends rescued a female pit bull puppy last year from a life of mistreatment. This was a very young puppy that had not had time to be trained for aggression. Cute, cuddly little puppy. My buddy and his wife raised her with their 3 other dogs and treated her like a queen. One day out of nowhere, she went crazy and attacked both of them. A .40 to the head took care of that problem. About 15 years ago, I had a pit bull and another mixed breed mongrel get into my yard and tried to get at my black Lab, who was a big baby. I killed both of them and would have done the same yesterday if given the chance. I'm sure not every pit bull is dangerous but every one I have come in contact with turned out that way. There is something in their genetics just waiting to erupt. You just don't hear that many stories of other breeds attacking like pits, even other breeds known to be "aggressive", such as Dobermans and German Shepherds. I have as little use for pit bulls as I do for the worthless thugs that drag them around on chains heavy enough to tow a truck with. I get no thrill out of shooting dogs, or any other domestic animal, but from this day forward, any pit bull that steps foot on my property is going down if I'm around, consequences be damned.
As I said, I've always been a dog lover and I honestly never thought I could have any feelings towards a cat but I felt water leaking from my eyes yesterday as I dug the hole for the innocent little kitten that was the victim. I'm just thankful my wife wasn't on the receiving end of the dog's wrath.

In memory of Lily...
[Linked Image]

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sadly, those who don't want to hear the message aren't going to listen to it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
More sad than that most don't care what the message is. Hoodrats gonna be hood rats�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought that was part of the message.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Breed hardly matters, if a dog needs to be dealt with, so be it.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Does the way cockers are treated make them dangerous, SCG?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im sure it is. We don't have hood rats here but we do have pit bulls. The younger generation thinks they are cool as they try to emulate black criminals with their speech, dress, and dogs.
It is bad enough that I carry pepper spray on my walks with my German Shepherd, to make a fight easier to separate.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time to teach your wife to shoot. Next time it could easily be a kid, or her.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sucks. You're tougher than I am, though, I would have been squalling diggin her grave. She looks like a sweetheart.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MColeman
That sucks. You're tougher than I am, though, I would have been squalling diggin her grave. She looks like a sweetheart.

I'm not much of a CAT man, but am a sucker for kittens...hate seeing ANY pet get needlessly killed

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
So sorry for your loss sir. Agressive dogs are usually a product of their upbringing. Maybe not always so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My condolences SCGunNut. Sadly The pitbull few will be along to defend the breed.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luvrifles
So sorry for your loss sir. Agressive dogs are usually a product of their upbringing. Maybe not always so.

Definitely not always so. No more than you can "upbring" a St. Bernard to point a covey of birds.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by MColeman

I'm not much of a CAT man, but am a sucker for kittens...hate seeing ANY pet get needlessly killed
That pit wasn't a pet and it wasn't "needlessly killed."

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe he meant the kitten

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
I believe he meant the kitten

Ha and yes.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry for he loss of that cute little kitten Sir.

I will not tolerate aggressive animals, be it towards other pet or people. They are dealt with harshly and quickly, period.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear you lost Lily, looks like a very nice kitten.

I have no use for pit bulls.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I share you opinion.

We have thinned down the ones down the street but some new neighbors moved in and they have 3.
! is kept on a large chain.
They have been out chasing cars a few times but have not gotten up to the house.

If they do their time will be up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear this.
Had the same problem with some fat whore down the street from us. Her Pit was running loose for the latter half of 2013.
Took her to court and had the dog destroyed and then took her to small claims for vet bills and won there. Lien against her house on county records also. Still waiting for my $3500.

I would have loved to chop that pit bull and the owner to pieces with a dull axe.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was 14 a pit bull entered our yard and attacked my 5 year old brother. I intervened and the pit bull ripped me to shreds.

I have a concealed carry permit. When I see a pit bull, I get ready to give it my weak arm and quick draw with my right arm.

When I meet someone who says they own a pit bull, they might as well have told me that they have homosexual relations with Obama.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They should be shot on sight, IMO. I saw a video the other day showing a pit bull rescue center near LA that has over 200 dogs..! They were going on and on about how misunderstood these animals are... but a second later they were telling the guy on tour not to get too close since some of them "don't like men".

Sorry for your loss.

Eric

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Seems some of them dam Pits are smarter than they look. Neighbors moved in about 1/4 mile down the road, and they have 2 of them that frequently run loose. They roam all over the other end of my subdivision ( opposite way from my house), but just will NOT come near my place......

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The three S's of dogs in rural areas:

1) Shoot
2) Shovel
3) Shut up

I had an 80 year old neighbor that claimed he had killed over 100 dogs on his trap line.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry for your loss. Horrible to have to go through. phuc pitbulls. I'm a dog lover but don't consider them family pets.

Last edited by gunchamp; 09/22/14.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
170 members (444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 23 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.