Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gary O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Is it true they have zero arch support? Thanks...

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
BP-B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a pair of Courtney chukka boots (they call 'em the "Vellie" or something similar in their catalogue). Because they have no arch support, I added a pair of thick insoles with a semi-arch support. Doing so improved the comfort a great deal.

I can't speak to any other shoes/boots that Courtney makes.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Gary O
Is it true they have zero arch support? Thanks...

I have a pair of Courteney Hunters and they do not have any arch support but other than that they are great boots. Mine did not even need to be broken in.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My Vellies are the MOST comfortable "boots" I have ever worn.

Terry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have half dozen pairs of Courteneys of various styles including 2 pairs of Elephant hide Huunters. None seen to have any arch support but are all very comfortable to me. They are about the only lace shoes I wear. Seems like every trip I made I went by Gegas and bought another pair. Always wanted a pair of the Selous but for some reason they just never felt as good as the other models. Bought my Brother a pair of the Vellies and he absolutely loves them. My actual favorites are a pair of regular walking shoes. They are like old friends. Just plain comfortable.

IC B2

Gary O Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Perhaps there are folks who don't need any arch support. Wish that was me...

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If one sees what the trackers and natives wear, you'd simply be just fine with wearing what makes your feet comfortable for 6-10 miles of easy hiking, if that.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I changed out the inner sole with a better one that had arch support.

Be careful, the sizing is different and i had some issues with toe rub on the 4th toe on both sides.

After using a leather softener on the shoes, the shoes conformed better to my foot.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I think Courtenay is overrated. Just buy a pair of summer-weight hiking boots at your local outdoor store in the US. Cost a lot less, don't need breaking in, and they have arch support.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Silly hsit. My first trip to Africa was in 2002. The same Rocky's went through 2012. In between grizzly, black bear, elk, deer, hogs and nilgai have died. That said, cigars, Scotch and African boots apparently make a hunt.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You have to have cigars and scotch or the hunt doesn't count. Everybody knows that.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi GaryO

I have used my fare share in boots when guiding over the years and I must say nothing comes close to the Courtney boot when it comes to durability or at least nothing that I have found in SA.

This is the only shoe that I use, in saying that they are lacking in the bridge support department I got some inners and now they are perfect!

It would depend if you would like to go trough the hassle of putting some inners in them but then you have one heck of a boot that should last you at least 5 years.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Louis van Bergen - Owner and Outfitter of Spiral Horn Safaris
Web site: www.spiralhorn.co.za
E-mail: [email protected]
Cell: +27 76 577 6292
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
You have to have cigars and scotch or the hunt doesn't count. Everybody knows that.

Well *I* sureashit do and in a pinch, I'll even do bourbon! grin

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EdM
Silly hsit. My first trip to Africa was in 2002. The same Rocky's went through 2012. In between grizzly, black bear, elk, deer, hogs and nilgai have died. That said, cigars, Scotch and African boots apparently make a hunt.

What style/model Rocky's did you take?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I have heard great things about Courteney boots, but that being said my Adidas running shoes with the laces taped down with duct tape worked fine for a ZIM buffalo hunt.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
I have heard great things about Courteney boots, but that being said my Adidas running shoes with the laces taped down with duct tape worked fine for a ZIM buffalo hunt.

Was that so you could scoot if need be? grin

Where I hunt it usually takes three boots, depending on the weather: 18" Lacrosse for rainy season, 6" Bean Hunting shoe, and 8" Danner East Ridge. The critical thing is waterproof: just when you think you're on dry ground, one step and you're in a marsh.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I actually tried some Filson Birdshooters on an African hunt. All they did was me my ankles sweat. I think Ive used some form of running shoe for virtually all my hunting over there.
But I also wear a Carrhart jacket and blue jeans...so Im missing a lot of the Safari chic'......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I suppose we won't be seeing your picture in Sports Afield, then; at least not dressed in Redneck chic. Of course, who am I to talk: you've seen how I dress.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This is about as chic as I ever got...wearing a Cabelas Safari shirt because they are very thorn resistant. Never did figure out what all those pockets were for.....

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Beer cans.

Is that the Ingwe Special?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.