Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
The wife and a I are going to buy a new Tundra TRD, double cab, 4x4, with a tow package, and 5.7 motor.. I usually trade in Wy., but this time, we are going to buy one outright.. Where in the U. S. would I get the best cash deal??? California is out.. But otherwise, we travel quite a bit, and plan to go where we can get the best buy.. Here in Wy. things are pretty expensive.. I was able to buy a new travel trailer in Montana, for less than a good used one here.. Where do you suggest we look??

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I would look at the Salt Lake area. It is not far and has lots of dealerships. If you don't have sales tax in Wyoming, you won't have to pay sales tax in Utah.

Consider a low mileage used truck at even greater savings, again check out KSL classifieds, you would be surprised at what you will find...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
There's a place in Ashville NC that does the no haggle pricing without all the BS, Jim Barkley Toyota. It's a long way from Wyoming however. I bought a new camry from them about three months ago, called them on the phone and told them to prep the one I wanted from their inventory, walked in a wrote them a check. No high pressure BS, just signed a couple of papers and drove off about 30 minutes later.

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Thanks..

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Shrapnel, again thanks, I didn't think of the Salt Lake area.. This will probably be the last new pickup I buy, so I want a good one.. Here in Wy. the dealers want almost as much for a used one with low mileage as new one.. Hope the leg healed well!!!

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In my experience, you don't have to travel to a big city. Every dealership has a salesperson in charge of telephone/internet sales. Just call three or four dealerships, ask for their internet guy, give him/her the specs on the truck you want, and ask for a quote.

No fuss, no muss. The last truck I bought this way I picked up in a town of 2,500 at almost $1,000 below the Consumer Reports reported dealer cost. The home town dealer wanted the most, almost $8,000 more.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Dutch
In my experience, you don't have to travel to a big city. Every dealership has a salesperson in charge of telephone/internet sales. Just call three or four dealerships, ask for their internet guy, give him/her the specs on the truck you want, and ask for a quote.

No fuss, no muss. The last truck I bought this way I picked up in a town of 2,500 at almost $1,000 below the Consumer Reports reported dealer cost. The home town dealer wanted the most, almost $8,000 more.

The mfgrs have various sales incentives for their dealerships. A dealership that's close to reaching the next level of incentives may sell a few vehicles "below invoice" to get to that next level. The corresponding bonus from the mfgr. would well make up for whatever they weren't making on those last few sales.

The trick is finding which dealerships are in that position. You may need to call 10 or 12. You'll need to know EXACTLY the make, model, trim level, color, & options of the vehicle you want. When you call, you never mention a price - that's for them to do. You're trying to find the lowest price someone is willing to sell for, at the time you want to buy.

The other thing to consider, though, is your time, & the level of frustration you're willing to endure. If it takes you 100 hours of research, calling, FAXing, & emailing to find a vehicle, then a plane ticket to get to the out-of-state dealer, & a 15 hour car ride home� it may be easier on you to settle for a great deal close to home, than the "best" deal that's far away & takes too much out of your life.

fightingchance.com is a good place to start.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You should also be able to check inventory and request a price online from several dealerships.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,105
Posts18,464,217
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.