Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
I acquired this Anschutz Exemplar a month or so back from another member here and have been having alot of fun shooting it. The factory rear sight is excellent; I shot a silhouette match with it last month and did alright but I still wanted to scope the gun.

Well, here's the scope setup: Ken Light extension mount and a Leupold 2.5-8x with target turrets. The Ken Light mount brings the scope up and back, allowing you to use it when shooting from the Creedmoor position. It is not practical for shooting off-hand or out of any other position, but I don't mind because all my silhouette shooting is done from Creedmoor and I don't use this Exemplar for anything else. The mount is very well made and fits fine, though I may take the rear sight off if I decide to make this a dedicated scope-gun.

The Exemplar is an interesting pistol. It is an Anschutz M64 action with a two-stage target trigger mated up to a 10" medium-bull barrel free-floated in a pistol stock. The gun is very well balanced, even with the scope, and the trigger is wonderful with just enough take-up to allow me to steady the cross-hairs before the trigger lets off.

Shot silhouettes for practice this morning so no pictures of groups; before the wind picked up knocking over 1/5 size targets at 50 yards was almost easy. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BP-B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice lookin rig.

I wish the BATF would let you turn a rifle into a pistol because I've often thought of turning a l.h. Rem 581 into one. Would be a fun project.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a couple of these as well. The 14" version handles very well too. I'm very tempted to turn one into a 17 Mach 2. I actually have two of the Exemplar clones, FIE CDC 722. One is NIB. These are both 22s and I've removed the barrel for either relining to Mach 2, or having a Ruger 1022 Mach 3 barrel fit to it..

Interesting scope mount you have. For hunting, I'm thinking of a scout scope. My 14" came with a handgun scope and that's pretty easy to use.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 76 invisible), 2,787 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.