Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,416 of 1,842 1 2 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh come on fluff!! Get out and live a little. I was up by Finland/Isabella on Saturday and Sunday and the scenery was beautiful! I even popped a few grouse!

It was a great weekend up there. Weather was perfect, color was near max, and not many people at all. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I'll post pics when I knock some other "to-do" items off my list.

Last edited by tzone; 09/22/14.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
CFT ,thanks for the condolences and all you others here who have included us in your thoughts and prayers.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by fluffy

heard of some rough weather up Northern Daves way last Saturday,hopefully it skirted wide of Daves place,and everybody else.

It just grazed us, it might have hit white bear though.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Colors are changing fast, leaves are dropping fairly quick, lots of young dumb birds strutting around. Deer are popping fairly regularly along the roads at night.

Time to start looking for blaze orange beer cans I guess smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm hoping to get that dang logging road cruiser of mine finished up. It should be close by next weekend. Then it's time to hit the woods.

I'm going to build two blinds that I know of, maybe hang one stand, and tune up the rest. Oh yeah, hang a pile of cameras too .

The first bird I popped was pretty dumb, the second one was on the fly.. Which doesn't happen very often, they're usually pretty safe around me. smile

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Like I said earlier today... Me and Mama headed up the North Shore for a little sight seeing. It's fall so yes, I had a shotgun in the truck... and a rifle and of course, the Single Six. smile

We started off looking for some property for sale near Silver Bay.

Grumpy old sucker trying to figure out how to pay for this property.
[Linked Image]

Here was the view from where said grumpy sucker would put the cabin
[Linked Image]

Saw a couple Woodies in a puddle near the property.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Me and Mama checking out the colors at 9 Mile Lake
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/IMG_0240_zps60dfa53c.jpg[/img]

An unlucky grouse. I shot it with SxS in 20ga my brother in law gave me. It's a sweet little gun, with 2 triggers, a tang safety, and great patina on the barrels and action.
[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/IMG_0248_zps3d566afa.jpg[/img]

A beautiful road down to the boat landing to Crooked Lake. It doesn't get much more beautiful that this IMO.

[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/IMG_0249_zps426038d3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/IMG_0250_zps976b9565.jpg[/img]

Overall a perfect day in the northwoods! Temps were great, sun, light wind, burgers and beer, flying soup starter kit. It was very relaxing!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, you're killin' me Tom! Gotta hit the woods SOON!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HEY DAVE- Any thoughts about doing another Chickenbuck Wear order this fall? Inquiring minds want to know..........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jeff, by the time we get to the woods in a few weeks, they should be prime around the stomping grounds. They weren't changing much around the Duluth area. Not until you get up to where we were was there a lot of color.

I'm going up the first Sunday in October for a full work day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by fluffy

heard of some rough weather up Northern Daves way last Saturday,hopefully it skirted wide of Daves place,and everybody else.

It just grazed us, it might have hit white bear though.

It slid just to the north of me so just between us I guess. I got enough rain to get the gauge wet & a little wind. West of town got hit hard. Grain bins, vehicles, buildings, machinery & other stuff got tore up but no injuries that I heard of. I guess an entire farm got leveled by Lancaster. It was a dirty one for those that got hit with it.

I've been so busy with my retirement that I haven't even had time to think about hunting. I got one camera out last weekend & shot a skunk out the kitchen window at 2:45am yesterday morning. That's been it.

I've been busy playing in the dirt & pulling on big wrenches. It looks like I have enough work to carry me through freeze-up (no more breakdowns please!) then a lot of ice fishing this winter. One of the resort owners has contacted me about doing some work for him this winter so that could be a interesting option as well.

Rebuilding final drives on a dozer now & I'd better get back after it. It could be rolling by dark this evening if all goes well.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well quit posting and get after it! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tzone, some beautiful pics. Looks like you could see forever from that future cabin site.

Any wolf scat on that property? Several years ago I saw my first Minnesota wolf while driving north of Silver Bay heading for Ontario to do some fishing. It came across the road near the Baptism River and my brother-in-law had to brake for it so we got a good look of it.

Wayne

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Was geocaching last week in the state game lands near Pittsfield PA last week, turned onto a jeep trail went 50 yards and big black bear ran across the trail in front of me. Great time in the woods!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wayne, there actually was woof poop in the road to that property.

I'm having a heckova time finding out who has this land for sale. I may have to go back and bang on the door of a house near by. The sign listed doesn't have the right phone number.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Tom,

Killer view from that property!! We love it up there, we camp every year at Tettegouche and try to see as many waterfalls as possible.

I was in Bigfork for a work weekend at the shack. The maples were in full color, absolutely beautiful. Didn't see a single grouse, just tracks from deer, moose, bear and wuffs.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That property is a bit closer to town than I really would like but MAN that view!!

I'm going to have to bang on doors when I go up there bird hunting. The property is surveyed, and I think recently so somebody knows about it. I'm guessing about 5 acres. Enough for me, there is public hunting land all over. There were also HUGE deer tracks on it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jeff,

We are going to camp up ther more often. We stayed at a resort on Saturday but there are soooo many cool places to camp that it's too hard to pass up.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey!!! What's up kids? I have about 300 pages to get through but will start reading this evening. I totally did not forget about this thread. I think I left off with getting a big deer for once... EVER. My mother was diagnosed with cancer on Christmas. Mom passed on May 10th and being an only child the last 4 months have been an absolute up and down nightmare. I miss my best friend... SO MUCH!!!!
I haven't been able to check in or do nearly as much as I had been hoping but believe me I have thought about you guys a ton. Can't wait to see the crazy stuff I have missed. I will fill in once I get through all the pages but wanted to say hi now that I have the chance to check in. Hope everything is well and I don't see anything unexpected while I catch up.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dv8uagain
Hey!!! What's up kids? I have about 300 pages to get through but will start reading this evening. I totally did not forget about this thread. I think I left off with getting a big deer for once... EVER. My mother was diagnosed with cancer on Christmas. Mom passed on May 10th and being an only child the last 4 months have been an absolute up and down nightmare. I miss my best friend... SO MUCH!!!!
I haven't been able to check in or do nearly as much as I had been hoping but believe me I have thought about you guys a ton. Can't wait to see the crazy stuff I have missed. I will fill in once I get through all the pages but wanted to say hi now that I have the chance to check in. Hope everything is well and I don't see anything unexpected while I catch up.

Dang Dv8! Very sorry to hear that. I believe you mentioned your Mom was sick in your first post to this thread. frown My sincere condolences go out to you man.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Howdy alla everybody.

Dv8, sorry for your loss, Stan, same to you my friend. Sorry I havent posted much, been too busy now that I quit my job too, lol.

Tom, I like that hat! I like the property and pictures too!

St Louis county? Go to the county website and look for an online atlas, that way you can find the owner of the property.

Something clever here.

Page 1,416 of 1,842 1 2 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 69 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.