-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pitlochry is a beautiful town. The damn and fish ladder was neat to see. I enjoyed Edradour as well. Love the whiskey.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Mac84
Bumped a few curves the first couple minutes but it was easy to catch on. Won't be an issue.
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one! I had no problems in the countryside or small towns but I wouldn't have ventured into Edinburgh/Glasgow since decisions have to be made so much faster. Roundabouts were no problem at all.

Last edited by UPhiker; 09/20/14.
G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The first time on the wrong side of the road everyone bumps a curb whether they admit or not.

Driving in Glasgow was very intense and required full concentration. As do the busy motorways around London.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
To me, more importantly, remembering which direction to look first when stepping off the curb was paramount! wink

Last edited by kaywoodie; 09/20/14.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Kaywoodie on our first trip I would not let me wife cross the road until I told her to. Two near misses with a cab in Edinburgh brought that into affect.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fgold767
Wife wants to go to Scotland and do the castle tourist thing...and neither of us know anything about Scotland. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

Wife and in-laws have been a number of times in last handful of years, all were done differently. Used Go Ahead Tours, used time-share (no tour), used CIE Tours, and last trip was on an Episcopal church retreat.

The time-share was a self planned, go where you want, do what you want trip. Planning travel routes and driving yourself along tiny narrow roads is an eye opener. The CIE Tours was with a small group and was well liked. Having someone else drive you around is a plus, and the CIE tour allows ample free time to break from the group and see things you'd like. The retreat was not a tour, but was fixed at one location.

My wife really liked the trip through CIE Tours. She covered all the bases through CIE and enjoyed that trip. That tour group started the trip in Glasgow, and the biggest issue for my wife was the time change and jet lag. If done over again, she would have preferred to arrange her arrival a day ahead of the group to have more time to adjust and look around. A veteran traveler to Scotland within the tour group did just that and it worked well for that person. They coordinated to arrive a day ahead of the tour, got their own lift to the hotel, and had a full day at the hotel ahead of the group.

Hope this helps smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
kaywoodie: I understand that...when the airline I flew for first started flying to London, a friend for got that on his first trip....stepped off curb and went flying through the air...he spent quite a time with a cast on his leg...the rest of us learned from his mistake. When we did Dublin I had to hold my wife's hand each and every crossing to make sure she did not follow in his footsteps.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Keep any ideas coming! We appreciate them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

342 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 1,907 guests, and 986 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,655
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.