-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its really bad when it hurts in your foot. I had it for over a year, I do back stretching exercises every day and hope it doesn't come back. In my case caused by a bulged disk.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
May not be a vertebrae out of place, I've been dealing with the same issue since July 4th weekend. I had an MRI Tue. and have already done about 10 visits with a chiropractor, mine is either a bulging or ruptured disc (will find out with results of MRI) it bulges out and presses on the sciatic nerve causing all of the issues OP mentions. I also have numbness on left side of left leg from knee to ankle.

I tried to tough it out for a few weeks, began Anti-inflammatory meds, muscle relaxers, Ibuprofen, finally broke down and began low dose prescription pain meds after tears running down face trying to get socks and shoes on..can't sleep in bed for 3 weeks, been in recliner since only way to get comfortable enough to fall asleep.

At this point I hope an epidural of steroids will work but if surgery necessary so be it I just want it resolved.

Still able to work and grateful for that.

Mike

there is that aswell. i bulged my L5-S1 and L4-L5 disks and was pushing on the nerve....my back doc insisted on using a chiro first cause he had seen it work and the chiro did get the top one to go away but i did something stupid at work and made the bottom one worse that required surgery.....will say i was rolled into surgery i would have gladly took a hit of heroin if offered, woke up in recovery in zero pain and several years later still have zero pain.....

i thought i knew what pain was from my knees but until i bulged that disk i didnt know what pain was....opiates dont touch it, they dont do chit for "phantom pain" like from a bulged disk where a pinch in one place causes pain in another....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am not a complainer. Never have been, dont intend to start now.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Two days before I went moose hunting I had some nasty pain in my lower back that was shooting down my right ass cheek. I was actually quite worried as I was going to be spending hours riding in an argo. I did this exercise and it went away immediately. Could have been a fluke but I never had any issues and still don't.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Tens Unit... about $70

Link

Phil

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17Hunter
I am not a complainer. Never have been, dont intend to start now.

a pinched sciatic nerve can bring the toughest guy to a crying ball of jello....keep in mind if your pain aint that bad it can get there if you choose to ignore it instead of fix it and the longer that nerve stays pinched the longer it takes to repair itself and at a certain point the nerve gets to phugged up to be fixed...doc warned me that i could feel twinges in that nerve for up to a year though i got it fixed relatively quick before permanent damage was done....

aint gonna lie every time i felt that twinge, which was a tiny fraction of the previous pain, it would stop me cold and i would start sweating going through every move i had done in the last day or two trying to figure out what i did wrong praying like mad that i didnt bulge the disk again crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had episode that hurt so bad I went to the hospital and was in complete agony.They shot me up with Demerol and then muscle relaxers. I couldn't breath it hurt so bad.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
rattler

That has been my situation, originally had it going away and doing well, injured it again, more seriously, now I take the low dose pain meds to go from unbearable, excruciating pain, to pain I can tolerate as long as I take it easy with much teeth gritting and sweating. Am looking forward to a resolution so can drop the meds and resume a normal life.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am not opposed to the Doc, but would like to try alternatives before i go that route. I try to take care of myself, run regularly (just finished a marathon in May) but took some time off and thats when this thing flared up. I was able to run 3 miles yesterday without too much pain, gonna try some of the stretches and another longer run tomorrow. If it doesnt get any better in the next 3-4 days then it'll be off to see sawbones. I am going to look in to those Tens units too.

Last edited by 17Hunter; 09/25/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Chiro,stay hydrated, stretching, lunges, ice in 20 minute increments. Don't leave it much longer than that.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I was doing 4-6 miles on elliptical 2-3 times per week at 8 min mile pace, lifting lite free weights, what started out as muscle spasms has turned much more serious.

I hope you get it straightened out quickly, I have joked with friends that if I were a dog I'd shoot me...then the disclaimer that I am not considering suicide only stressing how bad it really hurts.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not opposed to the Doc, but would like to try alternatives before i go that route. I try to take care of myself, run regularly (just finished a marathon in May) but took some time off and thats when this thing flared up. I was able to run 3 miles yesterday without too much pain, gonna try some of the stretches and another longer run tomorrow. If it doesnt get any better in the next 3-4 days then it'll be off to see sawbones. I am going to look in to those Tens units too.

i will say if this is the first time its happened and the recommendations make it better your prolly fine and its just something that slipped out of place and you got it to go back....if not you need to get to a doc and get a mri to find out exactly what your dealing with .....from there you can make an educated choice of how to go about....unless something is extremely out of whack like a bad herniation chances are if you see a good back doc he is gonna do the same thing to you as mine did and insist on you trying everything else first cause the success rates of chiro, PT ect compared to surgery when looking at patients 5 and 10 years down the road is dead even....not cause surgery is ineffective but cause sometimes its the only answer and sometimes its not...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Went the chiro for the first time today because of this. Its been going for about 3 months but the last week I havent been able to get much sleep because i cant lay down.

Took xrays and my spine is twisted where it enters the pelvis(from leaning on my console while im driving I think. The muscles spasm trying to fix that twist and in turn pinch the nerve.

He did some electro therapy which felt so awesome, like an electric massage. Then he put me on his table. He would jack parts of the table up with a foot pump like a barber chair then get me all twisted up and, kick a different lever and slam me back down on the level table again. Starteling the first time but I felt quite a bit better when I left. Back again tomorrow.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Have it looked at by a good Neurosurgeon, A good neurosurgeon will get an mri done and will be able to determine the cause and the correction of the problem, He will not always recommend surgery or pain meds, I had a fusion done in Jan of this year, Best decision I have ever made. I no longer lay on the floor in so much pain I can't move and I do not fall cause I "lose " my leg anymore.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
3 chiros and acupuncturists almost killed me. 7 months later dr does ipidural and I have a life again. Maybe not for everone but suicide was attractive for awhile. Had it years ago and 2 months later it was gone. Gap between pelvis and L5 is minimal, a 60 year old thing of someone that works for a living. Physically I mean. Take care of your back , it like your feet has to last the rest of your life.

Had my ipidural on the 26th of august headed out for my NM elk the next morning and drove 20 hrs. Put on a 40 lb pack and ran arount the mts fo 2 weeks. Still feel good. Dr says I'm crazy , yea so what.

Last edited by sidepass; 09/25/14.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the shots into my spine did nothing for me but do great to some....i levitated off the table the one time when the fluid moved stuff and compressed things worse for a few minutes....surprised the doc didnt wind up paralizing me on that one....wouldnt had been his fault cause short of strapping me to the table there woulda been nothing to prevent it but im positive i got three feet of air not bad for starting relaxed on your stomach laugh

keep in mind there are piss poor, ok and great chiros.....a bad one can phug you up bad....a good one can help you but will be rough....not the best with a back injury....but a great one can do manipulations without hardly touching you cause they fully understand how the parts move and can usually make them do it with the least amount of effort possible, not to mention they will refuse to touch your back if you come in with a complaint like prolonged sciatica without knowing EXACTLY why cause they know if they try to help you but the reason your having it is cause of a bad herniation or busted vertebrae they can REALLY phug you up accidentally....

im lucky in that out of the 5 within an easy drive when i bulged my disk one of them was a great chiro who happens to have an office in town....he insisted on seeing my MRI results before he would agree to touch me....granted if its your first episode and it started out of the blue and isnt a terrible pain this is less of an issue....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ice on my azz cheek works for me.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Alleve/neproxin, prescription strength, just one week.

Get a bigger belt and a different brand of jeans.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I would not fool around with home remedies for too long, gor as other posters have suggested the cause of the pain is irritation of the sciatic nerve. The nerve can only stand to be irritateed for so long before becomeing damaged to the point that you'll have constant pain that cannot be remedied. I would not bother with Chiropractors as sorting out the good from the bad can be a guessing game. A quack Chiropractor can cause irrepaiable damage. In my case the sciatic neve pain manifested itself after I had completed many weeks of physical therapy that successfully rehabilitated a herniated L4/L5 disc. My Orthopedic Surgeon had done an MRI in the process of diagnosing the herniated disc and when the sciatic nerve became painful he sent me for the steroid injections. I was pain free when I got up off the table after the injections and remain so some 8-9yrs. after.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thats encouraging to hear!

Seems like all my veteran friends are messed up in their backs and necks. Seems like they all have something to do with getting tossed around inside a C-130 more often than not! LOL

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.