Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by P_Weed
"Firtive" is just a 'shifty' way of saying 'furtive' ...
The OP is just playing mind games with you - and he's winning!

He didnt win anything. Infact in the other thread he retracted and admitted it was a good shoot

Yes, when I'm wrong I will admit it.

The truth matters.

Sometimes how we get there just might be a bit messy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
sometimes I like my BLT with turkey bacon and miracle whip......

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bubbajay
sometimes I like my BLT with turkey bacon and miracle whip......

Turkey Bacon....That would defiantly be a "good shoot".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by P_Weed
"Firtive" is just a 'shifty' way of saying 'furtive' ...
The OP is just playing mind games with you - and he's winning!

He didnt win anything. Infact in the other thread he retracted and admitted it was a good shoot

Yes, when I'm wrong I will admit it.

The truth matters.

Sometimes how we get there just might be a bit messy.

Yep, and i admit thses videos are tough to be objective with. And one screening of a bad video does not allow objectivity. I watched that video probably 20 times and then had to read what evidence has been released and match it to the video

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that "firtive" would be a good word to describe a fart that is slowly released into a cushioned seat in hopes that it would pass unnoticed.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Until the next person sits down.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I think that "firtive" would be a good word to describe a fart that is slowly released into a cushioned seat in hopes that it would pass unnoticed.

That would be "fartive"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll attempt an honest, non-sarcastic, totally responsible answer. But I'm not making any promises A.S.

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Expressive of hidden motives or purposes

I was recently involved in a little chase. A coworker was cruising a parking lot for a shady motel in a rough part of town and found a car that was stolen in a carjacking. They nabbed the driver and the passenger took off, jumped a fence and hot-footed it out of there.

Luckily, Bluedreax was nearby in his fighter jet and flew over to help.

Two apartment complexes, two streets and four fences later the passenger was just plain tuckered out and gave up.

Now I need you to just make believe with me for a minute, because everything from here out is make believe (the guy really just gave up and sat down with his hands in the air). Let's suppose that Bluedreaux finally catches up with the guy. I know a few things about him already....
1-Either he's the bad guy who violently car jacked some people OR
2-He has no real problems hanging out with violent car jackers
3-He definitely doesn't want to go to jail
4-If you put 1-2-3 together, common sense would indicate that the guy might be willing to be violent to stay out of jail

So I catch up with this guy in a dark parking lot without any backup and nobody really knows exactly where I'm at anyway (because "west.....fence.....streetname....fence didn't do them a whole lot of good in tracking me down). Dude turns to face me and there we are, the running is over so dude is either gonna fight or give up. I tell dude, "Dude, don't move." At that point dude starts reaching in his waistband under his shirt.

This is where "Expressive Of Hidden Motives Or Purposes" comes into play. I don't know what dude's plan is. His motives are hidden. I can see two likely options....give up or fight. When dude starts reaching under his shirt into his waistband he is making a furtive movement. He is expressing to me what his plan is through his actions. That's what makes the movement furtive.....the movement is revealing to me what his plan of action is. He may not be pointing a gun at me, but his actions are revealing to me that he's about to.

So when I say "I shot him because he made a furtive movement", what I mean is "I didn't know what he was going to do. But then his movements revealed to me what his plan was. I was scared to death of his plan because his plan was to shoot me and getting shot is painful and likely to kill me and I don't want to get killed in this dark, lonely parking lot. So I shot him first so none of that would happen."

But for whatever reason cops refuse to talk in normal language and refuse even more to admit that they're scared of something. Personally, I talk and write at work just like I'm talking and writing here. And I'm not afraid of saying that I'm afraid of certain things, because that's what it is and any sane person would be afraid of the same things.

So there it is. When cops say that they shot because of "furtive movements" they mean that they shot because of "movements that expressed a hidden purpose (to kill me)". But for whatever reason they just can't say things in plain English.

BUT you say....what about the cop who shot someone making a "furtive movement" when the person was just reaching for their wallet. That's easy. Those cops are stupid. And it sucks that they're cops and if it were up to me they wouldn't be because those guys are dangerous. I don't have an easy answer for how to get rid of those cops or how to keep them from being cops to begin with. You can't really weed those guys out in the academy because in the academy everyone knows that they're not gonna REALLY get shot. But you put some folks out in the real world on their own and they get real hinky and make stupid decisions. You can't know how some people will act in certain situation until they're in those situations. And then you say, "Oh crap, did you see what Officer JimBob just did?!?!? Let's fire him!" But then it's too late because Officer JimBob already did his stupid thing and everybody on the 24HRCF is already talking about it. But the bottom line is that Officer JimBob made a terrible decision and shouldn't have been a cop to begin with.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll attempt an honest, non-sarcastic, totally responsible answer. But I'm not making any promises A.S.

I think you accomplished your mission

There's a TV commercial I've see a couple of times with a cop on the witness stand, and a prosecutor giving him a hard time about another cop shooting someone

The cop says. "You have one second to decide how to react; what would you have done?"

The Prosecutor says "Well first I would......."

And the cop interjects: "TIME'S UP"

Not everything is simple and easily determined by anyone not there, no matter what yuo think some video seems to show

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I would think that after you told a guy to get his wallet and he reached into his car at least two of your brain cells might signal that he was doing what you told him to do. The SC cop was an ASSHAT and is going to jail for what he did. The cop that shot the guy in Walmart, well maybe he could have told the guy to put it down, but at the same time only a gene cesspool dude picks up a gun and walks around walmart playing with it.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I had a firtive movement, once.

I took a li'l Immodium, & I was A-OK.

Glad to be of service. wink

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But for whatever reason cops refuse to talk in normal language and refuse even more to admit that they're scared of something. Personally, I talk and write at work just like I'm talking and writing here.

I dunno, maybe all them other Cops are illiterate.

(Great post, BTW)

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
I had a firtive movement, once.

I took a li'l Immodium, & I was A-OK.

Glad to be of service. wink

FC

Chronic constipation without an identifiable cause is often referred to as Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC). "Idiopathic" means the cause is unknown.

Constipation symptoms
Hard or lumpy stools
Straining during bowel movements
Incomplete bowel movements
CIC patients may also suffer from:
Stomach cramping
Gas pain
Bloating

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would think that after you told a guy to get his wallet and he reached into his car at least two of your brain cells might signal that he was doing what you told him to do

If the guy hadn't lunged towards the front seat, or had simply SAID that's where his license was, things would have turned out differently

They were both stupid, and they are both paying the price

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the guy with the badge and the gun has more responsibility and is paid and trained to make good quick decisions, before you take up that last ounce on the trigger make sure of your target. If your too stupid to do that you need to go to jail and I hope this guy does. His bosses recognized his stupidity, hopefully the courts will as well. From your attitude your probably a policeman, so learn from this stupidity and don't shoot someone with a wallet in their hand.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimmyp
the guy with the badge and the gun has more responsibility and is paid and trained to make good quick decisions, before you take up that last ounce on the trigger make sure of your target. If your too stupid to do that you need to go to jail and I hope this guy does. His bosses recognized his stupidity, hopefully the courts will as well. From your attitude your probably a policeman, so learn from this stupidity and don't shoot someone with a wallet in their hand.

Which part of "They were BOTH stupid" didn't you understand?

Are you upset because I just rely on the facts instead of trying to spin things to fit an agenda?

Should I just pick the popular side, even if it means ignoring what really happened?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
no I rely on the facts that his management used to fire him and the District Attorney used to arrest him and not some internet discussion that involves emotionalism from some possible cop wanna be or cop who should not be a cop due to his inability to stop posting because his posts may be used in a court against him someday. Let it go while your ahead dude.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Snyper
It's already pointless, and the OP can't even spell the word, so that takes away all credibility for further intellectual discussion

My thoughts exactly. Y'all have fun with this, I'm out...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimmyp
no I rely on the facts that his management used to fire him and the District Attorney used to arrest him and not some internet discussion that involves emotionalism from some possible cop wanna be or cop who should not be a cop due to his inability to stop posting because his posts may be used in a court against him someday. Let it go while your ahead dude.

LMAO

You seem to be living in the Twilight Zone with all the fantasy you crammed into that post

What happened to relying on just the facts?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
with your inability to control your anger or use simple reason you should not be anywhere near a gun. Keep up the good work.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,121
Posts18,464,592
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.