Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
^Darmit I gotta go to work and i gotta look at that right before I leave!^

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, I trust you've had a good enough day and this finds you folks well.

Thanks for the thread Sam, these are some of my favorite and I'll give it a bit of a bump to see if we can get some evening traction.

Since you've started this thread and the fine visual feast put forth by you and our 'Fire companions inspired me to do so, I dragged out the pocket camera this morning, snapped a couple more photos and then downloaded them.

This is a good 2 hours after shooting light at 5500'- which is fairly high up in our local mountains - we live at 1400' and below. Though it's a bit hazy you can see the mountain range in the distance which is Okanogan National Forest in Washington State.
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/scenery/Amy1766_zps287264d9.jpg[/img]

The kinnikinnick or bearberry are thicker and more plentiful than I ever recall seeing them this year.
[Linked Image]

Blue and spruce grouse really like them, as do these little fellows.
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/wildlife/Amy1769_zps9cd8c44e.jpg[/img]

They do not however, call it bearberry for nothing as this rotund bruin is showing - he's actually lying down in a big patch.
[Linked Image]

If one gets lucky after walking down enough old skid roads like this one.
[Linked Image]

One might look up on the rock bluffs and see a couple rams bedded down.
[Linked Image]

Then again you might just find some of these. That's my bandanna beside them - about to be used as a carrier device. wink
[Linked Image]

They get turned into late breakfast - which is much appreciated even though I didn't come down off the mountain with meat on my back.
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/Amy1781_zpsb5ada52f.jpg[/img]

Anyway Sam, here's the last shot - me waving hello or goodbye - whichever suits the occasion I guess. grin
[Linked Image]

Thanks again for sharing a bit of your fall with us Sam and thanks to those who have joined in as well and still might.

All the best to you all in your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 09/26/14. Reason: wrong word

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
[Linked Image]

Damn you. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Excellent photo's Dwayne! Thanks for sharing.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I tried to take a picture but a gang of gnats and mosquitoes beat me up and stole my camera. Fall doesn't get here until the end of November!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne, thanks for the great pictures and short stories.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Dwayne, thank you again for some great pictures of beautiful country!

And thanks Sam for starting this!

And all who have shared so far............

Last edited by fgold767; 09/26/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tzone;
Thanks for the reply sir, it's my hope you and yours are doing acceptably well so far this fall.

If I can be allowed a wee "laugh on me" tzone....... as I drove into the yard this morning this was the reception committee! They are parked atop my favorite Douglas fir tree which stands at the top of our driveway.
[Linked Image]

So turkey vultures are sorta new to our neck of the woods - as are turkeys for that matter. Both I believe have moved north out of Washington state in the last couple of decades.

Anyway I had to snap a photo of them and then I'll admit I double checked the mushrooms I'd picked this morning - to ensure the buzzards didn't know something I didn't! laugh

Thanks to you and the other posters who offered kind words for my photo efforts.

All the best to you all this fall and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Very funny Dwayne! smile

Thanks againg for sharing pictures from your side of the world. I like to see how/where the others hunt. I know one thing for sure, there is a lot of beautiful country in North America. I'm going to do my best to take the family to see it!

How has the hunting been so far for you and the girls Dwayne? Fantastic I hope!

TOm

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tzone;
Thanks for the reply Tom its good to hear from you.

Our youngest did hunt a wee bit last year, but was kept busy with school, sports and life in general so didn't cut a tag. She's in Grade 12 this fall - where DID the time go - and decided to not hunt as on top of everything else she's got a part time job.

Our eldest has returned home after a bit of a stint in Great Britain and is working towards her next overseas adventure - but she is hunting with me this fall and that's been a real nice blessing as we both thought last fall might be our last full season together.

Anyway sir, with her permission I post her and her ride - complete with it's own Dead Sled strapped to the top.
[Linked Image]

We've been getting out quite a bit actually and although we've not cut a tag yet we both could have on black bear and chose not to - which is cool with me either way.

We've also been seeing a good number of smaller mulie bucks - season on less than 4 points opens in October for us - as well as seeing enough elk to make it exciting. No 6 point bulls sighted yet, but it's fun to watch them even if they don't have enough points to shoot. It strikes me it's a lot less work that way too..... wink

If we do end up getting something for the freezer we'll try to get some photos and put them up here.

All the best to you and yours Tom.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 09/26/14. Reason: added info

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sam, great idea you had. I really like your place too. Wish I was younger. Too old to work as hard as you do. Hope you have a great fall, hunting.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

Fall here means a lot of long days and short nights. (With the promise of some elk hunting in November when the work is done)

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Plainview, the days are getting shorter for sure, sucks to get home and it's dark at 7:30!

[Linked Image]

Marlin, hardest part of work lately is the damn allergies. Haying and harvest is not good for asthmas.

Dwayne, thanks for the excellent 'walk' through your day, great pics!
(we have a resident flock of those turkeys vultures/buzzards(?) as well, they've turned into a running joke between my dad and I)

Here's a few from yesterday. Slight change of pace from your beautiful country...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/montanasam/montanasam013/Fall2014024.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/montanasam/montanasam013/Fall2014026.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/montanasam/montanasam013/Fall2014028.jpg[/img]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like you rescued the G15, Sam!

Great pics, as usual. They give a good feel for your part of the country. Keep em comin'...

You should invite the American Pickers guys out there. You might have some valuable 'collectibles' lying around! cool

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Sam;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, I trust you've had a good enough day and this finds you folks well.

Thanks for the thread Sam, these are some of my favorite and I'll give it a bit of a bump to see if we can get some evening traction.

Since you've started this thread and the fine visual feast put forth by you and our 'Fire companions inspired me to do so, I dragged out the pocket camera this morning, snapped a couple more photos and then downloaded them.

This is a good 2 hours after shooting light at 5500'- which is fairly high up in our local mountains - we live at 1400' and below. Though it's a bit hazy you can see the mountain range in the distance which is Okanogan National Forest in Washington State.
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/scenery/Amy1766_zps287264d9.jpg[/img]

The kinnikinnick or bearberry are thicker and more plentiful than I ever recall seeing them this year.
[Linked Image]

Blue and spruce grouse really like them, as do these little fellows.
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/wildlife/Amy1769_zps9cd8c44e.jpg[/img]

They do not however, call it bearberry for nothing as this rotund bruin is showing - he's actually lying down in a big patch.
[Linked Image]

If one gets lucky after walking down enough old skid roads like this one.
[Linked Image]

One might look up on the rock bluffs and see a couple rams bedded down.
[Linked Image]

Then again you might just find some of these. That's my bandanna beside them - about to be used as a carrier device. wink
[Linked Image]

They get turned into late breakfast - which is much appreciated even though I didn't come down off the mountain with meat on my back.
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/Amy1781_zpsb5ada52f.jpg[/img]

Anyway Sam, here's the last shot - me waving hello or goodbye - whichever suits the occasion I guess. grin
[Linked Image]

Thanks again for sharing a bit of your fall with us Sam and thanks to those who have joined in as well and still might.

All the best to you all in your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

Great post and pics, Dwayne. You have some beautiful country up there. Don't know if there are any posters I enjoy reading more than yourself. You are truly a blessing to this forum.

Thanks for the stories and pics, good sir...

Chris

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're a helluva photographer Sam. Thanks for sharing. Always good to look back at what came before.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When fall shows up, I'll let y'all know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fall is indeed here and with PhotoBucket working (temporarily) here's a quick shot looking out my back door.
We'll get some fall rain soon and all that grass will green up again before winter sets in. It's really pretty when that happens.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[Linked Image]

My favorite time of year...

Empirical results rule!
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

284 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.