Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Eight plus one in the chamber when home or around town. When traveling or in the big cities like Seattle or Portland I carry two eight round extra magazines in my left hip pocked.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Of the three guns I carry CCW on a regular basis, I have a minimum of 18 rounds total and a maximum of 22 available. Two have two reloads to get there and one has one reload.

As for that �fighting your way to a rifle� concept, I think it is BS in a CCW scenario. Fight or run. Thinking you can�t win without going back and getting the rifle means you already lost the mind game, so go away and don't come back with your rifle. Note that "you" is a collective you, and not aimed at DD.

I know better. smile grin

But I agree. Fight or flight is the best defense for a single person.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let's make this clear: there's a huge difference between being (i.e. caught) in a fight and going to a fight. If you knew in advance that you had to shoot a Bad Guy (i.e. going to a fight), you wouldn't pick a handgun, would you? No you'd take a rifle.

A handgun is merely a weapon used to fight your way back to your rifle - which you shouldn't have left behind...

Boston T. Party

Boston's Gun Bible, pg. 25/1

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup, Gary.

I was watch a video by Hickok45 comparing the Luger 9MM against the 1911. Both guns he had were war guns in that both had been used war the Luger in WWI and the 1911 in WWII. He said the first thing he noticed was that the Luger was a real work of art. Even after all these years the Luger was tight and shot well. But he said the Luger probably would not work in the trenches of WWI or the fields of WWII as well as the 1911. The Luger was designed for officers as a badge of authority and never meant to be a work horse for the common soldier. Whereas the 1911 was a real work horse issued to everybody and their brother to be used as a true combat arm for officers and enlisted personal alike for close quarter combat.

That's the way I look at carrying a pistol. Like in the military I'm support personnel behind the lines not likely to see combat but in case of enemy infiltration I have something for close quarter combat, the pistol. However, if I know I'm going into combat I want a rifle, shotgun, or machine pistol whatever is appropriate for the job.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JFC, that's too many video games right there...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have several .45acp's but the one I carry most is an XDS because of it's easy conceal-ability. It has 5 in the mag and one in the chamber. Usually there's a 7 round mag in my offside rear pocket. If I have to be in a bad area I'll also carry a .38 snub as a BUG

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Yup, Gary.

I was watch a video by Hickok45 comparing the Luger 9MM against the 1911. Both guns he had were war guns in that both had been used war the Luger in WWI and the 1911 in WWII. He said the first thing he noticed was that the Luger was a real work of art. Even after all these years the Luger was tight and shot well. But he said the Luger probably would not work in the trenches of WWI or the fields of WWII as well as the 1911. The Luger was designed for officers as a badge of authority and never meant to be a work horse for the common soldier. Whereas the 1911 was a real work horse issued to everybody and their brother to be used as a true combat arm for officers and enlisted personal alike for close quarter combat.

That's the way I look at carrying a pistol. Like in the military I'm support personnel behind the lines not likely to see combat but in case of enemy infiltration I have something for close quarter combat, the pistol. However, if I know I'm going into combat I want a rifle, shotgun, or machine pistol whatever is appropriate for the job.

Since when is the band and admin ever going to go into combat, especially from the extreme rear of being stationed state side?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I thought you guys did more reading than this. Don't you know if you have a gun it will probably be taken away from you and used on you????? That's what all those ignorant liberals that don't get away from their fenced in homes. smile

I've carried a 642 or an LCR for the last few years. Just because I don't expect to use it but one never knows. With all the stuff coming down I"m carrying my 6906 S&W. 13 rounds. That should do me. I'll let out a scream they'll be sure I'm going to not only shoot them I'll scalp them. laugh They'll be running for their life.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
S&W Shield 9mm: 1 extra mag
S&W model 638 Airweight: 2 speed strips(12 rounds)
Ruger LCP : 1 extra mag, sometimes 2
Kimber Stainless Classic 45: 1 extra mag

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This works for me. Both magazines hold eight rounds, plus one in the chamber. If 17 rounds of .45 ACP won't handle the situation, I'll just have to say, "Feets, don't fail me now!" wink

[Linked Image]

L.W

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by arkypete
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by bea175
How many rounds do you have to have on person to feel comfortable with your conceal carry gun, what the pistol mag or cylinder hold's or do you have to have extra rounds in reserve?
I've been carrying my Sig P938 lately and I've just been carrying the mag that came with it and the extra I procured. That's only ten rounds since you can't get six in the mag. I'm going to try and get another mag for this one and once these get worn a bit, I should be able to get six rounds in them. I'll get the extended seven-round mag if I can.

When carrying the M&P Compact 9, I carry an extra mag giving me 22 rounds.

I bought one of the Sig 938s a month ago, used, it came with the Crimson Trace, three mags and a holster. The trigger was awful, to the point where I could just barely stay on the paper at 25 feet. I've been working on wearing the trigger in to loosen the pull and remove some of the grit and grinding.
Currently I'm working on wearing the action in with 115 grain hard ball FMJs. I've put 450 rounds thru it at the range and shoot at the knots in the paneling in the TV room. (Yes, I know no mag, no ammo, in the room.)
Have you worked with your handgun to find which bullet weight, 115 or 124, or brand od ammo works best for you?
I was over in Gun Broker looking for the 7 round mag and found a fellow whose is doing a two for deal, at what appears to be a reasonable price, $80.00 per two.

I've been messing with my 938 quite a bit as it's quickly become my carry choice. When fresh out of the box it was very difficult to put 6 rounds in a mag. I have left them loaded for about six months or so and they are much better now.
I shoot some 115's for cheap practice but use 124's from CorBon for carry. Hornady xtp's seem about as hot, and I have used the 147's from Federal also. I think the shorter barrel necessitates the heavier bullet to achieve penetration. The 124-125's are a compromise between fast large holes and deep penetration like the 147. When it's cold the perp is likely to be dressed heavier so more penetration is a good thing. When it's blistering hot a 115 might be best. The 124's are right in the middle, use it all the time category I'm thinking.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BigNate; 10/05/14.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (19rabbit52, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.