-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't have any and don't plan to get any. They have been around for a long time and will be around for a long time. No problem with other peoples tats.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sauer200
None here.Just not my thing. Women appear kinda' skank with tats imho.
Yeah, but I could be persuaded to overlook that in certain cases.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just about everyone, it seems, has tattoos today.

� Who here does not have at least one tattoo?

� Are tattoos a passing fad, or will they always be culturally ordinary?
I have none. The trend towards them is a sign of a civilization sliding towards barbarity. Same with piercings.

Especially piercings. Ugh!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
No tats here. No desire for one.

They don't bother me on other folks either. Young son has beau coup tats.

So my 2 sis-in-laws who are no spring chickens, go out and get these tats that the one designed for some kinda solidarity thing with their older sis, my wife. When she went thru all her heart and cancer surgeries.

The boys and I playfully refer to it as the "Dangling Lily" brand. Kinda hideous looking considering where they got them. To me it looks like some of the artwork off Monty Python. Always waiting for that big foot to stomp it out!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leviticus 19:28 talks about tattoo's. I got one years ago. Ink is run together so bad you can't tell what it is. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's interesting how something that's portrayed as symbolizing independence and individualism ends up being a mark of conformity to identity group norms.

That was the psychology behind a lot of cigarette advertising. Show the world that you're a rugged individualist by becoming addicted to our product. Yeah, right.

Fads come and go, but some hang on longer than they should. Backward ball caps come to mind.

Facial hair is a fashion that comes and goes, but at least it can be grown or shaved without permanent consequences. It, too, has changed in its cultural relevance. It used to be that cowboy types adapted an almost military cleanly groomed style, and looked down on the hairy hippies. That was certainly true at the ag university I attended in the '70s. Maybe that shift started with the country musicians.

No tattoos or facial hair on this old man, though I wore a beard for a couple of years back in my younger days. At the time the ladies in my (single) life seemed to like it. My wife doesn't care for it, so end of that story.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
my brother and I both served an enlistment in the Navy and neither of us has a tattoo to this day.

So did I.

Nor do I.

Some of the guys in boot camp got 'em on their first liberty � then suffered for a week or so when they got infected. (Tat parlors in San Diego weren't all clean in 1949.)

Most of the fellows didn't get tats.

Several of the fellows had me draw stuff on their arms with indelible ink � they got tired of 'em after a while, and washed 'em off.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
None for me

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

No tats.

Never saw one I liked so much I wanted to have it forever.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
None here. I wouldn't know what to get even if I was forced, because I can't think of anything except possibly the names of my kids that I would want penned into my skin permanently...
What I thought was cool at 18, isn't even on my list of important things in my life now.

A metal fabrication instructor I know had a student in his class show up with a new tattoo that covered about 50% of his neck. He asked the kid how it felt to have reduced his employment opportunities by 80%.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No way I have a niece looks like a member of the Yakuza. The funniest part is she can't figure out why she can't find a decent job.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
None here and never unless I get a number at the reeducation camp. Tattoos are permanent verification that the wearer was once young and dumb- or old and dumb as the case may be. Tats are confirmation of the lemming/sheeple phenomenon imo. Narcs like them to deflect attention from their black hole persona. Well I reckon I have offended all tattees now and that's a hanging offense in today's pc world. But I will admit that some are real art-just misplaced.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They are here to stay, and ai have no problem with them. However the places one had them drawn on tells me alot about your common sense and forethought.

I have two. One on each shoulder

The left shoulder is a team tattoo that everyone of our starting defense in College got done in the same place. The right. Is a drawing of my duck/goose call lanyard looping over my shoulder from front to back and then wrapping down my bicept with the calls laying front and back on my bicept/tricept. With a picture of my labs face in the center on my bicept

Both pieces have a lot of meaning to me

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no tats here, don't need one to be me , rather spend a grand or so on a rifle or two or on a trip.
Mind you tats are about the only thing you can take with you when you die, i'll leave my inheritance to my wife and kids to enjoy.
Yes some tats on certain people in certain places intrege me but I don't have to live with them. and people that cover their bodys with them are sad

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have none. But done tastefully they look okay. Small ones, well done, of significant events are fine.

One of the worst ones I've heard of would be a goth chick who had a bunch of them, and was bummed she could not get a good job. Doubling down, she had a large sword done on her back, pointing downward. So depending on the position, her partners would see a large sword pointed at their privates. She complained about her love life, too...

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Came home from my 14th Summer at sea with a VERY small "Fouled Anchor" on my left forearm. I'd paid $20 for it in Colon, Panama.

.......My Dad , the Master Mariner, was NOT impressed, and the Company Doctor was responsible for it's demise. I can barely make out the scar, that arms seen a few other scrapes and a lot of Sun.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just about everyone, it seems, has tattoos today.

� Who here does not have at least one tattoo?

� Are tattoos a passing fad, or will they always be culturally ordinary?

none and wouldn't waste time and money for one.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No tattoos on my body, with no intention of ever getting any....

Told my son if he ever gets any, please wait until I am dead...
he's real conservative, so I doubt if he'll ever join in in the passing fancy of them...

personally, I just don't get it....

I see 60 and 70 year olds get them for the first time around here... I see young kids cover their bodies with them, as soon as they turn 18....

will never ever see the appeal of them...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I survived 24 years or navy and came out unmarked. Never had a desire for one and was to busy raising a large family to waste my money on one.

I do see a lot more people tattooed up than ever before. I see some young teens all marked up, kids young enough they had to get their parents approval.

They are not to my personal taste but it does not bother me if others do it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Guess most of the folks with lots of tats could always get on a New Bedford whaler as the principle harpoon thrower! Top hat and tomahawk pipe optional!

[Linked Image]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 15 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.