Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rwblue Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I have an MP94 12ga/30-06. If this grows, I will have other items I am stuck on....

I am mentally stuck when it comes to the sling.

Being that it doesn't have QD sling connectors and I will be taking it down often.....

Then there are the looks. Some of the things I am coming up with, I just don't think will look right.

And I actually know how to and use a sling to shoot.

I am mentally stuck. Give me idea guys.

I love this place at night. The stars ... there's no right or wrong in them. They're just there.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My earlier one in 12/7X57R had the sling studs, and I used QDs. I'm surprised this one doesn't.

Have one soldered to the bottom of the rifle barrel like on a Classic European BBF.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

rwblue Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Sorry, I was not clear.

It is like a AR-15. I can put a 1 inch sling strap, but they are not QD.

Thinking about a traditional leather military sling.

I love this place at night. The stars ... there's no right or wrong in them. They're just there.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have the 12Ga/.308. I took off the swivels which came with the rifle and drilled out the holes so that they would accept QD's. It works fine.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've done the same with many German guns over the years. NECG sells European size QDs now.

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/...ls%20for%20European%20Studs#.VCYkwFegq6M

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I wouldn't be surprised to find a change of point of impact shooting the IZH94 with a tight sling vs without. The front swivel mounts on the bottom of the bracket used for regulating the barrels after all, and the rifle barrels are flexible.

[Linked Image]

BTW as you can see, I haven't bothered to change mine to suit QD swivels. If I did I'd simply remove the existing swivels and ream the screwholes to suit QDs as Stan in SC suggested.

rwblue Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by dan_oz
I wouldn't be surprised to find a change of point of impact shooting the IZH94 with a tight sling vs without. The front swivel mounts on the bottom of the bracket used for regulating the barrels after all, and the rifle barrels are flexible.

[Linked Image]

BTW as you can see, I haven't bothered to change mine to suit QD swivels. If I did I'd simply remove the existing swivels and ream the screwholes to suit QDs as Stan in SC suggested.

It looks like they have changed the attachment point and barrel adjustment over the years. Mine doesn't look anything like yours.

I thinkn you will be correct and running a VERY tight sling will impact, the impact point, but I have played this game before with other rifles. The key is to do what you normally do at the range, then it should work the same in the field.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine was purchased new last year and looks just like the picture. I have not noticed any change in point of impact since doing the drill out to accept QD's.

Stan in SC

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In anticipation of next Saturday's opening of rifle deer season here in South Carolina I took my combo gun to the range today.
In the .308 barrel , 150 grain spire point red tip Hornady handloads gave me a 2" group at 100 yards.
The shotgun barrel gave me 2" low at 100 yards using regular 2-3/4" Federal slugs.Saboted slugs don't do worth a darn in this gun.
I am very well satisfied with this performance from both barrels.
Incidentally my scope is a Simmons Pro-point 1.5-4 which has a wee bit longer eye relief so I won't smack my eyebrow inadvertently shooting the shotgun barrel. Not a real expensive scope but very clear and obviously effective.

Stan in SC

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder if these will be available any more with the Prez. shutting down guns from Russia along with some other stuff.
Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 10/30/14.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I bought mine from buds last spring, $408 delivered. It has proved to be a great little gun. To modify the swivels for QD, I just unscrewed and removed the factory swivel then drilled out (9/64?) the existing hole. Works slick!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.