Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Guys and Gals-I have a Ruger 77 rifle in 257 Roberts that has been accurized by Hill Country Rifle and has never been Hunted. It groups an inch or under with most factory ammo. It has a new Ruger OEM recoil pad that needs final shaping.

I will donate this rifle as a Christmas project if anyone knows of someone in need of a rifle. 24CF will need to final finish the recoil pad, donate a scope and mabe a nice knife and identify and deliver the rifle to the recipient.

What say you 24CF? Seafire would you coordinate this project?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Let SafariMan coordinate it!

Last edited by FlyingDog; 09/30/14.

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah Paul....

I don't mind doing it...

Would like to see either a deserving kid or deserving veteran focus attached to it...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't wait to hear the proud recipient bitch because it didn't show up with a set of Uncle Mike's QD swivels.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
nice gesture, plenty of deserving hunters still out there.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is it all scratched up?

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Missouri,

PM sent.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in to send something of need. When we get this up and going let me know please.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Can't wait to hear the proud recipient bitch because it didn't show up with a set of Uncle Mike's QD swivels.

I'll throw in an unused leather Uncle Mike's sling with QD swivels to avoid that possible disappointment.
Let me know where to send em.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have this knife I would gladly contribute:
It is a Browning model 644 as new in box.

[Linked Image]

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who is to decide the recipient of this gift and can verify he or she deserves this gift ? Myself i'm not really into this welfare crap especially when you are giving a rifle . If a person is capable of getting up and going hunting then he is able to get up and go to work. If i was to donate to anyone it will be someone i personally know and not some stranger that someone on the internet forum picks out. I just don't believe this is a good idea. If you want to donate a rifle on Christmas to someone, then pick out someone you personally know in your home town. If you are going to give it to someone on the forum in need then you might want to consider Safari Man.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Ready has kindly offered to donate a scope and Kecatt has offered to donate a hunting knife. Much thanks to these kind members.

Seafire has offered to help coordinate the project and hopefully get the final fit on the recoil pad.

Now we are open to candidates for this project. Current veterans, either active duty or otherwise, disabled veterans or any deserving youth. Please PM me or Seafire your candidates.

Thanks members, you are all very generous.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
Who is to decide the recipient of this gift and can verify he or she deserves this gift ? Myself i'm not really into this welfare crap especially when you are giving a rifle . If a person is capable of getting up and going hunting then he is able to get up and go to work. If i was to donate to anyone it will be someone i personally know and not some stranger that someone on the internet forum picks out. I just don't believe this is a good idea. If you want to donate a rifle on Christmas to someone, then pick out someone you personally know in your home town. If you are going to give it to someone on the forum in need then you might want to consider Safari Man.

in the past these things usually go to a kid whose parents are down on their luck through no fault of their own or a vet thats in the same sort of boat.....wish i had my stuff thats sitting in New Mexico right now as i have a set of binocs i dont like i would throw in....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bea175

All very legitimate questions there BEA....

as in the past, some of these projects that have fallen in my lap, I have gotten a group of 5 forum members that I have approached ( different ones each time).. who agree to be a judge, and help vote on who is the most deserving...

I leave myself out ( but do throw in my 2 cents at times) but with an odd number, that eliminates having a tie....

so that is how it has been done in the past, and that is how it will be done this time...

but I appreciate you bringing up this point... I allows the question to be answered as I am sure you are not the only forum member to have this question cross there mind...

best regards
seafire

Addendum...oh forgot to answer one other legit question...

as far as verification to someone actually being needy or deserving...so far it has not been too hard to see thru the posers.. and we have had a couple in the past... but they are not hard to spot...

each judge also reads and is privy to the submission requests...
so it is also a group decision...

if you'd like to volunteer to be a judge, I am currently looking for volunteers...

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
As a past recipient of a rifle from one of Seafire's Veteran Rifle Project's I have to say it was one of the most humbling and honoring events I have been a part of. I feel so honored and humbled every time that rifle comes out of the safe(which is alot!) It has become my favorite rifle, although it has yet to be bloodied. Deployments kept me from using it before, and had my hunting plans this year ruined with my accident 2 weeks ago. If there is any way I can contribute to this, let me now once it gets going.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
how about being one of my judge panel?

Since you are laid up...etc... whistle

naw Brent... that would be a nice gesture... pay it forward kinda thing...if you have the time and don't mind helping out in that way...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John, set it up, and I'm in to help.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/30/14.

Sam......

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
John, I wouldn't mind being a Judge for it, time is something I seem to have an abundance of now! Just let me know what you need me to do.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Sam and Brent....

its a pleasure gentlemen...

now just 3 more and its a done deal and we'll start getting submissions for nomination of candidates...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Y'all might contact RIO7 on this. I know that he does a lot of Wounded Warrior things and might have knowledge of a person that would be a candidate. He is busy this time of year and might not see this, so a PM might be in order. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.