-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I was going to blow up an abortion clinic, I don't think I'd need to stand around filming it beforehand.

This guy was fishing for trouble, or completely stupid.

LOL
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Really friggin SIMPLE!

When an officer asks for your ID....SHOW IT!! And no matter what his age....reply "Yes sir...No sir"! Course you Yankees haven't been taught to reply correctly so you can say "Yeah and Naw"!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bump, for TRH.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I wonder if Hawkeye has ever been tempted to put on a body camera and provoke a violent response from a police officer so he can post it on Youtube and get some actual street-cred for the schidt he posts here.

Nah. He doesn't have the balls.

Are ypu fuggin kidding. He won't even go to his town meetings.....after all he is a realist

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
damn you can't even video an abortion clinic you want to blow up?

and they call this a free country? (where's that freakin sarcasm emoticon gotten to?)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

and they call this a free country? (where's that freakin sarcasm emoticon gotten to?)

If the cop knew the guy had been convicted of such plots in the past, why didn't he simply detain him, following which the man said he'd comply by showing his ID. Assuming he was a bomb plotter, however, does that justify abuse of authority by the police? I'm certain that if cops threw out all the laws restricting their conduct, they could stumble on all sorts of criminal activities, but that's not the sort of society in which most would want to live.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a proper Terry stop, as explained in the other thread (that you are avoiding, quite obviously). During a Terry stop, the officers have the proper authority to frisk the subject for weapons (as upheld by the SCOTUS many times). During that proper frisk, the subject flailed around enough to warrant arrest for disorderly conduct and 2nd degree assault. After the fact, once his identification was run - gosh, I wonder why he didn't want to produce it earlier? - it was found that he had plotted to bomb the exact same clinic he was video taping in 2006 and was in violation of court orders and parole by video taping it and being within 1000 feet of the clinic in the first place.

If you knew half as much about the law as you claim to know, you'd have figured this part out quickly as well as run as quick google search on the videographer before posting the original link.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If the cop knew the guy had been convicted of such plots in the past, why didn't he simply detain him, following which the man said he'd comply by showing his ID. Assuming he was a bomb plotter, however, does that justify abuse of authority by the police? I'm certain that if cops threw out all the laws restricting their conduct, they could stumble on all sorts of criminal activities, but that's not the sort of society in which most would want to live.

As long as we are "if"ing, maybe the cops wanted him to voluntarily confirm his ID so they could advise him that he is in violation of his restraining order, and give him the option to leave, without having a major incident on their hands. That would be nice, would it not?

As opposed to having to put the smack down on him.

BY THE WAY. As part of his plea deal he also admitted to having the 40 cal pistol to shoot abortion doctors.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, TRH:

How was the situation in that video NOT a proper Terry stop? You had an individual acting in a suspicious manner that prompted clinic employees to call the police. They were concerned because that clinic had been the target of an attempted bombing before, so they were reasonably concerned. During a Terry stop, the police are justified in patting down the individual in question for weapons.

So, again, how is this not a proper Terry stop?

Last edited by 4ager; 09/30/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RWE
He was taking video outside the abortion clinic on greenbelt road in Berwyn Heights, maryland.

Here if the streetview doesn't load, go to it, and you'll see that its the same locale.

Well done sir. Nailed it!

This guy obviously has a screw loose and the clinic folks probably knew it was him from the git-go.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

geez TRH c'mon, unless the cop was Dionne Warwick, how the hell is he sposed to know whether the guy had ever had a conviction in the past?

here's the way I see it, I'm filming the joint, cause I really like the building or I'm gonna open up my own abortion clinic or whatever reason.

the abortion clinic has been threatened in the past, most likely one of their employees called it in.

so cop shows up, asks for ID, show it to him and he asks me why I'm filming the place, I give him my reason...no problemo

and while it may be wrong in your eyes the fact that this guy got roughed up a bit won't cause me to lose any sleep this evening.

azzhole needs to be in jail

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SShooterZ
Originally Posted by RWE
He was taking video outside the abortion clinic on greenbelt road in Berwyn Heights, maryland.

Here if the streetview doesn't load, go to it, and you'll see that its the same locale.

Well done sir. Nailed it!

This guy obviously has a screw loose and the clinic folks probably knew it was him from the git-go.

The clinic employees may not have known, but they certainly could have and likely did suspect that it was him or someone like him, thus prompting the call the cops. That prompted the cops to respond and execute a proper and legitimate Terry stop, during which the nutcase flailed around, resisted, and got himself popped for an assault charge. The violation of parole and court order charges came down after they had a proper ID on him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

geez TRH c'mon, unless the cop was Dionne Warwick, how the hell is he sposed to know whether the guy had ever had a conviction in the past?

here's the way I see it, I'm filming the joint, cause I really like the building or I'm gonna open up my own abortion clinic or whatever reason.

the abortion clinic has been threatened in the past, most likely one of their employees called it in.

so cop shows up, asks for ID, show it to him and he asks me why I'm filming the place, I give him my reason...no problemo

and while it may be wrong in your eyes the fact that this guy got roughed up a bit won't cause me to lose any sleep this evening.

Well, in this situation, had the guy produced ID when it was requested, he'd have been arrested for violation of parole and violation of a court order. Rather a sticky wicket, eh?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager

Well, in this situation, had the guy produced ID when it was requested, he'd have been arrested for violation of parole and violation of a court order. Rather a sticky wicket, eh?

Yep. Not too bright to be standing around filming this clinic under those circumstances, or, he was looking for trouble, which he got.

LOL
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It was a proper Terry stop, as explained in the other thread (that you are avoiding, quite obviously). During a Terry stop, the officers have the proper authority to frisk the subject for weapons (as upheld by the SCOTUS many times). During that proper frisk, the subject flailed around enough to warrant arrest for disorderly conduct and 2nd degree assault.

I'm sure Hawkeye knows perfectly well why the guy was arrested. This is one of Hawkeye's snow jobs, where he wants people to believe the guy was arrested merely because he refused to show his ID.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a proper Terry stop, as explained in the other thread (that you are avoiding, quite obviously). During a Terry stop, the officers have the proper authority to frisk the subject for weapons (as upheld by the SCOTUS many times). During that proper frisk, the subject flailed around enough to warrant arrest for disorderly conduct and 2nd degree assault.

I'm sure Hawkeye knows perfectly well why the guy was arrested. This is one of Hawkeye's snow jobs, where he wants people to believe the guy was arrested merely because he refused to show his ID.

Did he have knowledge aforethought of posting this, or was he simply too giddy with excitement over having another cop video to +1 over, that he failed to vet?

Either he intended to mislead, which is typical, or he was poorly prepared?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That would be intentionally presenting a position that is factually incorrect. Would that be the same as a lie?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I'm sure Hawkeye knows........... ".

It'll take you awhile to live THAT down.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In all fairness, the video was copied to another youtube channel that specializes in videos like how Ron Paul was cheated out of the Presidency, chem trails, the sandy hook conspiracy, and much much more.

I can see how TRH took it for granted that this was police over reach.

It took me two extra clicks to get to the actual owner of the video, and then some searching after that to find out he was a convicted wannabe abortion clinic bomber, and wannabe murderer.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Bad guys getting roughed up isn't the issue. The issue is cops roughing people up in the process of abusing their authority. The laws aren't there to protect the guilty, but the innocent. If you give cops the discretion to determine with whom they will abuse their authority and with whom they won't, then lots of innocent folks are going to get roughed up, or worse, as well, not just bad guys. That's why the rules restricting cop behavior are there, and are meant to be applied to both the guilty and the innocent.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,599
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.