Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
THIS is why it's in our best interest to put that fire out over there as quickly as possible.

You should volunteer, and take the place of one the Troops. Put out the fire now!

http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-troops-battling-ebola-get-off-to-slow-start-in-africa-1411948064

just cause its not an attractive option doesnt mean its not the right one....though im not quite sure what sending the general military was supposed to do but as ive said, this administration could phug up a wet dream

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Just because you can't stop everyone doesn't mean that you shouldn't stop as many as you can.

You are as bad as Rovering.

It's an infectious disease in a number of corrupt third world countries. You cannot let it go and then expect to contain it there. The only viable option is to put out the fire now.

The leaks we can deal with. Putting the fire out minimizes the leaks better than anything else I know of.

You are presenting a false dilemma.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

It is insane to not do both.

Stopping quick and easy travel from the region should have been the first step, and if it had been taken we would not have this Ebola outbreak / case in Texas.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You should volunteer, and take the place of one the Troops. Put out the fire now!

o need. Probably the best use of my time in this is to try to speak truth to people to f--king dumb to do anything but fearmonger.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe Ebola just came here to escape death and find a better life.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rattler
im not saying nothing should be done, just saying Rovering's idea is [bleep] idiotic in that it wont work....your not going to shut down air travel in Africa....no way no how unless you took a shoot down stance militarily.....and thats not going to happen.....

If the TFR I suggested had been in place, this case / outbreak of Ebola in Texas would not exist. Simple fact.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just because you can't stop everyone doesn't mean that you shouldn't stop as many as you can.

You are as bad as Rovering.

It's an infectious disease in a number of corrupt third world countries. You cannot let it go and then expect to contain it there. The only viable option is to put out the fire now.

The leaks we can deal with. Putting the fire out minimizes the leaks better than anything else I know of.

Miles, with all due respect, your faith in the competence of our government to contain Ebola in Africa is extremely naive. And, you do scream insults on a regular basis. Might want to consider toning it down a bit. Ranting may make you feel better but it doesn't make your positions any more convincing.

Rick

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rovering
im not saying nothing should be done, just saying Rovering's idea is [bleep] idiotic in that it wont work....your not going to shut down air travel in Africa....no way no how unless you took a shoot down stance militarily.....and thats not going to happen.....

If the TFR I suggested had been in place, this case / outbreak of Ebola in Texas would not exist. Simple fact.

and what is that going to do about Africa, TFR's are done by the US, leaving out everyone else.....the disease can just as easily get here via Paris or London as straight from Africa.....unless you shut down ALL air travel its going to do jack chit...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

If the TFR had been in place, if it had been enforced, if there had been no leaks and on down the line. Keep up with the fairy tales. Maybe someone will believe them someday.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Gentlemen,Im sure we will see more of this.Its just started.We need to develop treatment.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

If the TFR had been in place, if it had been enforced, if there had been no leaks and on down the line. Keep up with the fairy tales. Maybe someone will believe them someday.

You are spinning the fairy tale.

This is not a hypothetical. This is an actual factual case / outbreak. The patient that brought Ebola to Texas flew from the Ebola region on ordinary commercial flights, which would / should have been stopped by the FAA and ICAO TFRs that I suggested here and that I and other pilots have suggested and lobbied for elsewhere.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is not a hypothetical. This is an actual factual case / outbreak. The patient that brought Ebola to Texas flew from the Ebola region on ordinary commercial flights, which would / should have been stopped by the FAA and ICAO TFRs that I suggested here and that I and other pilots have suggested and lobbied for elsewhere.

and the same guy coulda hopped a flight to Ghana, to London or Paris and then to the states....its a feel good action that actually accomplishes jack chit.........

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Miles, with all due respect, your faith in the competence of our government to contain Ebola in Africa is extremely naive. And, you do scream insults on a regular basis. Might want to consider toning it down a bit. Ranting may make you feel better but it doesn't make your positions any more convincing.

Rick

If you don't like being told your ideas are just plain f--cking stupid then maybe some thinking might get you a little relief. Until you get some understanding of what's going on and give up the fear mongering you not only deserve to be told your a jackass without the comprehension to participate in an adult discussion, you don't deserve the time of day.

People with years of training are telling you the truth about how to manage this and how little threat it really poses to us and you just like TRH do not comprehend what you don't want to hear.

Pay attention! I will use simple words. We have more than enough capacity to handle many times the number of patients involved to date in Africa without losing control of an epidemic here and without the probability of infecting our medical personnel. That mean it will be impossible for all intents and purposes to leak that many people here to infect others.

I have said this several times in these discussions, there is not huge numbers of infected people present there at any given time. If those countries could find all of the currently infected people they could put this fire out themselves. As primitive as their medical infrastructure is compared to ours, they are still capable even after the damage they have sustained to that infrastructure.

I have

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hope ya'll paid your premiums for ObamaCare! Remember, when the blood seeps from your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Ebola. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope ya'll paid your premiums for ObamaCare! Remember, when the blood seeps from your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Ebola. grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kojac
Any body got a "Bio" of this Ebola envoy?

Looks to be a non-starter, at this time.

I'd damn sure like to get the straight goods on that, as well.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I think all thats known is that he left Liberia Sunday before last.Called paramedics last Sunday and taken to Presbyterian.Something to know is that Presbyterian is a top notch 21 century medical facility.This stuff dosnt bother them in the least.They know exactly how to contain it.They zeroed in on it with the first blood tests.They knew what is was really quick.Hes in the right place.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

and the same guy coulda hopped a flight to Ghana, to London or Paris and then to the states....its a feel good action that actually accomplishes jack chit.........

Yours is the same fairy tale as Miles'.

An actual real Ebola case / outbreak has been flown to Texas that would not have happened if the TFRs had been in place.

Even stepping from real life into your fairy tail under the TFRs, your first two hypothetical flights would not have existed.

Ebola is in Texas tonight, only, because these TFRs were / are not in place.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
News says the person is a Liberian

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any known person who had anything to do with this person is in isolation now, fire dept guys.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Would it appear to be be rude if the US offerred to give back Tejas to Mexico right now? confused

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 67 invisible), 2,889 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.