-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And, the same heath care system that Miles has so much confidence in regarding their ability to handle domestic cases of Ebola screwed up their first encounter with the disease resulting in many others here in America being needlessly exposed.

http://news.yahoo.com/experts-two-day-delay-admitting-texas-ebola-patient-144519465.html

This argument that if you can't stop 100% of Ebola victims from coming here means that you don't take steps to stop 90% or more is completely absurd.

Hey, Miles, please take note that I resisted calling you an idiot even though you are incapable of extending a similar courtesy.

I'm better when I move.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Just wait 'til a few thousand soldiers come home from those cesspools.

Yep, the military's modus operandi for dealing with dangerous stuff overseas like neurotoxins is to order a bunch of grunts to dig a hole and burn the stuff while standing around and breathing in the fumes.

I'm better when I move.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Rovering

What you are too busy parroting misinformation to be able to grasp is that we needn't reach for comparisons nor create hypothetical scenarios. We have a factual Ebola case / outbreak in Texas and we know how it got there.

And we will have more and more of that happening until we fix the problem.

A person with Ebola boarded an ordinary scheduled airline flight or sequence of flights from the known Ebola epidemic country of Liberia to Texas, where the person became both symptomatic and contagious exposing Americans to Ebola.

If those ordinary scheduled airline flight or sequence of flights had been banned by TFR, as some in aviation have been calling for, that person would not now be in America having exposed Americans to Ebola. Simple, known, concrete facts.

You have as yet failed to show so much as a single example of your proposal having stopped a single disease anywhere at any time.

You can spin your fantasy that some Nigerian Prince with his own Gulfstream would have eventually got Ebola, shanghaied a crew from Hong Kong, and flew under ATC radar in radio and transponder silence to Juarez then sneaked across the border all before dieing to still expose Americans to Ebola; but that isn't what has actually happened.

What has actually happened (Facts not Nigerian Princes) to bring Ebola to Texas would not have happened with flight restrictions (bans) in place.

You have still failed to show how any disease at any time has been stopped anywhere at any time with this by securing by your idea.

Cocakamamie as you are you have got to be capable of realizing you don't know what you're talking about because no on has ever done this anywhere at any time. Put up or shut up. produce an example of a disease kept out by travel blockade.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by FlaRick
And, the same heath care system that Miles has so much confidence in regarding their ability to handle domestic cases of Ebola screwed up their first encounter with the disease resulting in many others here in America being needlessly exposed.

http://news.yahoo.com/experts-two-day-delay-admitting-texas-ebola-patient-144519465.html

This argument that if you can't stop 100% of Ebola victims from coming here means that you don't take steps to stop 90% or more is completely absurd.

Hey, Miles, please take note that I resisted calling you an idiot even though you are incapable of extending a similar courtesy.

They did what they have been trained to do and they continue to do so. This response is a perfect example of why this fire needs to be put out over there as soon as possible and how we will benefit.

Fearmongers like Rick don't get that it's going to add similar cost all up and down the line to screen everyone every time someone presents with symptoms that could be Ebola.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Screen every feverish patient for Ebola and trace all of his/her contacts for the past two weeks and quarantine/monitor them? Where is that money going to come from? How many people will be shunted into that rat hole while the system proves they aren't Ebola?

How [bleep] stupid is that idea?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it's tiresome hearing the same advocates for 'calm and trust the government' bleating the same old same old, day after day.
Keeping ANYONE from those infected African countries out of AMERICA, is paramount. If we must let them in, then every traveler should be forced to to a month of quarantine, before being let loose on the folks here.
This infected POS in Dallas is a prime example. He has evidently infected others as well. It's costing millions of dollars to back track his every contact now.
Cheaper, and more effective, to keep he and others like him out of America.
I fear hussein has condemned a lot of our service men and women to death, by sending them into those chit holes.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MILES58

Fearmongers like Rick don't get that it's going to add similar cost all up and down the line to screen everyone every time someone presents with symptoms that could be Ebola.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Screen every feverish patient for Ebola and trace all of his/her contacts for the past two weeks and quarantine/monitor them? Where is that money going to come from? How many people will be shunted into that rat hole while the system proves they aren't Ebola?

Just another one of your straw man arguments, Miles. Tell me, rocket scientist, how much would it cost just to restrict, screen or quarantine/monitor people coming here directly from the hot zones in Africa, like the infected guy in Dallas.

Once again, your argument that if you can't keep out everybody who may be infected you shouldn't keep anyone out is just absurd on its face. Call that fear mongering if you want, but it doesn't make you right.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Originally Posted by MILES58

Just another one of your straw man arguments, Miles. Tell me, rocket scientist, how much would it cost just to restrict, screen or quarantine/monitor people coming here directly from the hot zones in Africa, like the infected guy in Dallas.

Once again, your argument that if you can't keep out everybody who may be infected you shouldn't keep anyone out is just absurd on its face. Call that fear mongering if you want, but it doesn't make you right.

and once again, what about the phuggers that fly elsewhere first and the people they come in contact that comes here.....it aint a linear equation, it an exponential one that goes up VERY phuggin fast....what you guys keep forgetting is WE ARE NOT DEALING WITH PEOPLE, we are dealing with an infectious disease thats spread through touch.....the initial person is far from the only phugger you have to worry about....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been hearing about a book written by Robert Preston in 1989 called The Hot Zone.

its a non fiction book about ebola and the Reston Virus that was killing monkeys at a CDC holding facility

Stephen King said it scared the [bleep] out of him.

The Hot Zone
by Richard Preston

The bestselling landmark account of the first emergence of the Ebola virus. A highly infectious, deadly virus from the central African rain forest suddenly appears in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. There is no cure. In a few days 90 percent of its victims are dead. A secret military SWAT team of soldiers and scientists is mobilized to stop the outbreak of this exotic "hot" virus. The Hot Zone tells this dramatic story, giving a hair-raising account of the appearance of rare and lethal viruses and their "crashes" into the human race. Shocking, frightening, and impossible to ignore, The Hot Zone proves that truth really is scarier than fiction.

Last edited by KFWA; 10/01/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
I've been hearing about a book written by Robert Preston in 1989 called The Hot Zone.

its a non fiction book about ebola and the Reston Virus that was killing monkeys at a CDC holding facility

Stephen King said it scared the [bleep] out of him.

The Hot Zone
by Richard Preston

The bestselling landmark account of the first emergence of the Ebola virus. A highly infectious, deadly virus from the central African rain forest suddenly appears in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. There is no cure. In a few days 90 percent of its victims are dead. A secret military SWAT team of soldiers and scientists is mobilized to stop the outbreak of this exotic "hot" virus. The Hot Zone tells this dramatic story, giving a hair-raising account of the appearance of rare and lethal viruses and their "crashes" into the human race. Shocking, frightening, and impossible to ignore, The Hot Zone proves that truth really is scarier than fiction.

DONT PHUGGIN read that book if you havent, Preston is a fiction writer that didnt leave his desk....he is a huge reason the average person has a phugged up understanding of ebola cause he inserted a hell of alot of fiction in his description of how the virus works....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you want to read about these types of diseases including ebola read 'Spillover' by David Quammen instead, he actually spent alot of time in the field with researchers......it will still scare the piss out of you but based on fact....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Those in charge have control of this.Its not going to spread.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Health officials are closely monitoring a possible second Ebola patient who had close contact with the first person to be diagnosed in the U.S., the director of Dallas County's health department said Wednesday.

All who have been in close contact with the man officially diagnosed are being monitored as a precaution, Zachary Thompson, director of Dallas County Health and Human Services, said in a morning interview with WFAA-TV, Dallas-Fort Worth.

"Let me be real frank to the Dallas County residents: The fact that we have one confirmed case, there may be another case that is a close associate with this particular patient," he said. "So this is real. There should be a concern, but it's contained to the specific family members and close friends at this moment."

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
we have a lot of 'experts' here, eh? Folks that seem to know so much, but advocate so little serious caution.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Live with and live like a bunch of n i g g e r s, elect a sorry assed n i g g e r to run the country and pay the
price to die like a n i g g e r.

Off my chest now... I'll now go back to being my same ole racist self now smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Caution is why they are all over thisThey are not going to let this get away.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can only surmise the nurse checking him out the first time for possible Ebola symptoms thought he said he was from the library, not Liberia

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Don't you bet E.R. folks are going to get educated pretty quick... shocked

Bet the next patient walking in with fever and sweating gets asked where he's been, where he's from... blush

That initial E.R visit was a real mess up, don't you know...

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I may have figured out about zombies!
The start in America is intentional and people will line up to be vaccinated.
Unfortunately, the populace will get infected, but the vaccination, won't fully stop it. It'll allow the dead, to still be alive, so to speak.
Ebola would have killed them, but the vaccine, brought them back!!

Let the flesh eating begin!!!

This scenario would make a great movie!!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,133
Posts18,464,687
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.