Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
My fiance is a respiratory therapist. And stubborn. I've tried to talk to her and put some logic in her head that if her hospital should get a case of ebola she should just call in, or resign. She refuses to listen. So I spoke to her boss and informed him, that should it happen and the resp. Dept soes not refuse to treat and work around the pt, and my fiance gets sick. i will hunt him down

That'll look good on one's resume'..... crazy

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
My fiance is a respiratory therapist. And stubborn. I've tried to talk to her and put some logic in her head that if her hospital should get a case of ebola she should just call in, or resign. She refuses to listen. So I spoke to her boss and informed him, that should it happen and the resp. Dept soes not refuse to treat and work around the pt, and my fiance gets sick. i will hunt him down

If they KNOW they are dealing with Ebola, then it isn't a problem.

The problem is when you DON'T know it's Ebola.

And, FWIW, in the same manner that I didn't miss a movement while in the Marines, I won't shirk my duty at the hospital I work at.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
this
Originally Posted by Calvin
I don't think it'll be a big deal, but the news media is going to pimp it for every last bit of ratings. Who knows though.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It don't spread like the flu. Do I want to be around people with it, no but it doesn't spread easy.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think it'll be a big deal, but the news media is going to pimp it for every last bit of ratings.

As long as ebola remains loose in West Africa, this sort of thing is bound to happen on a semi-regular basis.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
jdm....maybe you can ask your daughter if she has heard what treatment the Liberian patient will receive?
I ask this because the supply of ZMAPP is being reported as being zero and will take months to regenerate.
Will blood transfusions be used?

Only ask if you feel this will not violate any doctor-patient confidentiality and not put your daughter's job at risk.
Eventually some member of the press will ask the same question at a news conference.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
With a 10-21 day incubation period, I would think that made the Ebola-positive gentleman very contagious right about when he was on the flight.

How many hundreds/thousands of people would he have come in contact with over the past two weeks???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
With a 10-21 day incubation period, I would think that made the Ebola-positive gentleman very contagious right about when he was on the flight.

How many hundreds/thousands of people would he have come in contact with over the past two weeks???

Local news is saying the guy went to the hospital on Friday sick. He was given a drug and sent away. So from Friday until Sunday afternoon he was wondering around what ever area apartment complex he was staying in or stores in the area.
Sweat was added to the list of contact fluids in todays paper.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is from today's news release from the Homeland Security Newswire;

"The CDC said the patient left Liberia on 19 September, but did not develop symptoms until 24 September, when he was already in Dallas. He was admitted to the Texas Health Presbyterian hospital in Dallas on Sunday, 27 September."

So, he had at least three days of being symptomatic and out of quarantine in Dallas before being admitted.
While it requires close contact with body fluids or secretions to contract Ebola, his entire family (whom he was visiting) and any others who visited during that time will also be subject to quarantine. I hope.

My hope, and it's just hope, that this thing does not mutate to become airborne capable. There is already lab test results showing interspecies, non-physical contact transmission of at least one form of Ebola, so it IS possible.

Meanwhile, I'm going to live my life as I have before Ebola became the latest MSM hysteria.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
They are a little tight mouth about everything.I think it's keep him alive and outlast it.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Rovering

Yours is the same fairy tale as Miles'.

An actual real Ebola case / outbreak has been flown to Texas that would not have happened if the TFRs had been in place.

Even stepping from real life into your fairy tail under the TFRs, your first two hypothetical flights would not have existed.

Ebola is in Texas tonight, only, because these TFRs were / are not in place.

More bulls--t.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by chapped_lips
jdm....maybe you can ask your daughter if she has heard what treatment the Liberian patient will receive?
I ask this because the supply of ZMAPP is being reported as being zero and will take months to regenerate.
Will blood transfusions be used?

Only ask if you feel this will not violate any doctor-patient confidentiality and not put your daughter's job at risk.
Eventually some member of the press will ask the same question at a news conference.

They will more than likely throw a combination of anti-virals at it and it they have some available they will use blood (whit cells) to get antibodies into him. With a virus, there isn't much they can do other than supportive care. Keep him hydrated, keep him breathing, keep his fever down. His immune system will either kill him or save him.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Miles,

I don't doubt you know what you are talking about, but you are assuming that there are not people who actually want an epidemic here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just wait 'til a few thousand soldiers come home from those cesspools.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I keep saying it...

Put the fire out over there or there will be leaks. If you want to try to prevent leaks it's going to be ungodly expensive and in all probability futile.

There is no country on earth that has yet demonstrated an ability to control it's borders and prevent entry by determined people, regardless of how onerous the violation of civil rights employed.

The ignorant fear mongers like TRH and Rovering probably will never get that. We can't even keep Mexican children out.

If you want to worry about something, worry about someone deliberately spreading this fire to impoverished places around the world, similarly lacking in medical facilities as is West Africa. Then watch what scared people do. Where they try to get to. They'll react just like the Africans in this, they will hide it, they will deny it, they will try to flee it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JimD.
Miles,

I don't doubt you know what you are talking about, but you are assuming that there are not people who actually want an epidemic here.

No, he is one of them; or he is just a loud parrot squawking in mimicry of every bit of their misinformation.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JimD.
Miles,

Of course there are people who want it here. They're just as dangerous as idiots who want to try ineffective measures and deny that their best hope lies in stopping this where it began.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

No, he is one of them; or he is just a loud parrot squawking in mimicry of every bit of their misinformation.

OK dumb F--k...

Explain to us all just how well the travel bans and restrictions we put in place to stop HIV were. They tried it your way once.

In point of fact show us one disease ever held in place by any restriction. Just one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Just wait 'til a few thousand soldiers come home from those cesspools.

It'd seem simple enough to quarantine returning troops for a few weeks, but I'd not be surprised to see it fugged up.

Everybody wanted to wet their pants about flying the doc and nurse back. Why? I've no clue.

The biggest threat is usually the one you don't know about.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MILES58

OK dumb F--k...

Explain to us all just how well the travel bans and restrictions we put in place to stop HIV were. They tried it your way once.

In point of fact show us one disease ever held in place by any restriction. Just one.

What you are too busy parroting misinformation to be able to grasp is that we needn't reach for comparisons nor create hypothetical scenarios. We have a factual Ebola case / outbreak in Texas and we know how it got there.

A person with Ebola boarded an ordinary scheduled airline flight or sequence of flights from the known Ebola epidemic country of Liberia to Texas, where the person became both symptomatic and contagious exposing Americans to Ebola.

If those ordinary scheduled airline flight or sequence of flights had been banned by TFR, as some in aviation have been calling for, that person would not now be in America having exposed Americans to Ebola. Simple, known, concrete facts.

You can spin your fantasy that some Nigerian Prince with his own Gulfstream would have eventually got Ebola, shanghaied a crew from Hong Kong, and flew under ATC radar in radio and transponder silence to Juarez then sneaked across the border all before dieing to still expose Americans to Ebola; but that isn't what has actually happened.

What has actually happened (Facts not Nigerian Princes) to bring Ebola to Texas would not have happened with flight restrictions (bans) in place.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, AdventureBound, 4 invisible), 1,617 guests, and 789 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,201
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.