Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Tell about your experience with Zoli shotguns. Let me hear the good, bad and indifferent.

Thanks, RS

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the new Z gun, I have only shot one a few times but looked it over pretty well. The fit and finish seems to be top notch, this was a 30 inch gun and needed the extra 2 inches on the barrel for balance, at least for me.

YMMV

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Z guns are the best knock off of Perazzi you can find. Can't think of anything bad, I know a few guys that shoot them and no problems.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are two Italian gun makers with the name Zoli, Angelo Zoli(went out of business in 1987) and Antonio Zoli,
(currently in business) neither company were in any way related. You will find barrel addresses of A. Zoli on either of them. Angelo made mostly middle grade shotguns and Antonio is into higher end shotguns but from my readings did make some guns for Weatherby and Sears Roebuck.

So if it is a used gun be sure and do some serious research as to who the actual maker was.

Angelo Zoli - Brescia, Italy

Antonio Zoli - Gardone, Italy

Last edited by erich; 10/02/14.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Couple observations on a couple Italian makers that have tried to break into the American market.

Renato Gamba: An excellent shotgun modeled after the Perazzi but cut more along the lines of a Fabbri. Handled and balanced as good an any O/U ever made. All the rage on the clay circuit until they lost their American importer and then they tanked. You can pick them up for a song compared to what they once demanded.

Keman: Much the same story. They rose then fell hard. Talked with a Kemen shooter last weekend and there is one smith who knows them inside/out and has easy access to parts. He would be the same one who works on Renato Gambas that need service. Pretty much your sole choice unless you go thru the nightmare of sending them off to Italy.

Presently for the most part the Zoli market is the clays games and it is a relatively small segment. Will they be here for service and parts 5-10 years from now?

The head smith for Zoli is an ex Kreighoff smith that is one of the best. You are good to go as long as he is still around.

Last edited by battue; 10/02/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...but from my readings did make some guns for Weatherby and Sears Roebuck.

I have one of those Antonio Zoli O/Us made for Sears in the 1970's. Sears was trying to move their top end guns upscale in those days. I believe that contract was to get the brand out and to get some cash flowing into the company (Zoli that is). I'm no shotgun connoisseur but I like it very much (in spite of plain wood). Nice fit/finish, good balance and weight. No problems ever and it's still tight after all these years. Two triggers but I like it like that.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There have been more Zolis in the Italian gunmaking business than just Antonio and Angelo.

OP needs to specify if he is talking about current guns or used guns? Field guns or clay shooters?

I have lots of experience with Antonio Zoli field grade hunting doubles, both O/Us and SxSs. But I'm not sure that's what he's asking about.

Nighthawk, my experience with a "Sears/Zoli" 20 mag O/U mirrors yours. Good light field grade gun. Used mine mostly for chukar hunting in Eastern Washington. Remember several doubles with it! And I don't hit doubles very often....

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Zoli Rizzini is branded "Abercrombie and Fitch" and "Zoli Rizzini" ca 1957.

12-gauge standard non-ejecting. Found it in a San Francisco gun shop decades ago. It's very nicely made. Handles beautifully.

[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
The Zoli shotguns I am asking about are new production, o/u shotguns. Sometimes I have seen them referred to as Z-Guns.

Thanks, RS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is the gun Im talking about and there sweet.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I have a verona lx980 by antonio zoli (marked on bottom of receiver in gold) which is essentially a zoli kronos with VERY upgraded wood. Drop out trigger group, 32" barrels and adjustable comb. Its heavy but swings and balances nice. Feels great in my hands. Went from a 625 sporting and Im more consistent with it. You can still find these in the low to mid 2000.00's if you're patient. They dont come up very often.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.