Print Thread
Hop To
#9213253 09/28/14
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
In MN, it is legal to use scopes on a ML during the regular firearms season (shotgun zone) but you must remove them for the actual ML season.

Is there a cheap, easy on/off scope that you guys could recommend? I'm shooting a CVA Optima.

Thanks!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
any scope will work that you would use on a rifle. mount it with a ring set that can be removed for ml season. weaver's are very easy to remove and reinstall without losing zero. i shoot a burris 2x7 fullfield II on my triumph. just don't use a big objective or it may hit your rear ironsight.

Last edited by srwshooter; 09/28/14.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rooster:

How old are you? Or, more precisely, how bad is your vision? I am scaring the daylights out of 60, and have glasses. Got my eye doctor to say that I can't see well enuf to see rear and front sight, and a remote target. Truth is I can't very well. Anyway, MN will let you use a 1X scope on your ML during ML season if you get a note from your eye doctor. And they got it to me in 10 days last year.

Now if you are a 22 yr old punk with good eyesight - sit on it!

may the force be with you!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I use one of the Leupold shotgun scopes on my muzzle loader which also has a Lyman peep sight for regular muzzle loader season. Quick release bases and rings with scope and rings off work well with the peep sight.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by forpest
Rooster:

How old are you? Or, more precisely, how bad is your vision? I am scaring the daylights out of 60, and have glasses. Got my eye doctor to say that I can't see well enuf to see rear and front sight, and a remote target. Truth is I can't very well. Anyway, MN will let you use a 1X scope on your ML during ML season if you get a note from your eye doctor. And they got it to me in 10 days last year.

Now if you are a 22 yr old punk with good eyesight - sit on it!

may the force be with you!

"Sit on it" laugh

Shozbot back at ya Chachi! lol

I'm 22 x 2 and just got my first pair of $1.00 reading glasses. I need to get in and get an eye exam soon. It's like one day out of the blue, things got a little fuzzier...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
KonusPro 3-10x44 is a great scope and just a bit over $100

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Made is China and eye relief is 3"

no thanks

You can get a Redfield Revenge for a few bucks more. Nikons and Vortex can be found too for under $200 The Vortex Diamondback and Crossfire IIs are a great value from an excellent company. The Crossfire II is made in China and the Diamondback is made in the Philipines but Vortex CS is 2nd to none in this price range.

Last edited by Overkill45; 10/02/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
all you need to qualify for a MN scope permit is presbyopia, or the need to wear bifocals. print out the permit form on the dnr website, have your eye doctor fill it out,and fax a copy to the dnr,keep the original as your permit.
I have my 1x T/C scope mounted on my muzzleloaders with weaver bases. I don't really need to remove my scope, though. sse my sig pic to see what it looks like.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
L
LFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
burris 2x7 fullfield II on Optima V2 holds center Lifetime warrenty

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Depending on the amount of recoil, the only advantage some muzzleloader scopes have is longer eye relief. I want close to four inches of eye relief on a heavy kicker. The specialty reticles in muzzleloader scopes are not worth much. Any ballistic reticle scope can be calculated for muzzleloading loads without paying an extra premium.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,239 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.