DF

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Originally Posted by MILES58

Fearmongers like Rick don't get that it's going to add similar cost all up and down the line to screen everyone every time someone presents with symptoms that could be Ebola.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Screen every feverish patient for Ebola and trace all of his/her contacts for the past two weeks and quarantine/monitor them? Where is that money going to come from? How many people will be shunted into that rat hole while the system proves they aren't Ebola?

How [bleep] stupid is that idea?

Just another one of your straw man arguments, Miles. Tell me, rocket scientist, how much would it cost just to restrict, screen or quarantine/monitor people coming here directly from the hot zones in Africa, like the infected guy in Dallas.

Once again, your argument that if you can't keep out everybody who may be infected you shouldn't keep anyone out is just absurd on its face. Call that fear mongering if you want, but it doesn't make you right.

where's the beef? Show me the frst case to support your argument.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's tiresome hearing the same advocates for 'calm and trust the government' bleating the same old same old, day after day.
Keeping ANYONE from those infected African countries out of AMERICA, is paramount. If we must let them in, then every traveler should be forced to to a month of quarantine, before being let loose on the folks here.
This infected POS in Dallas is a prime example. He has evidently infected others as well. It's costing millions of dollars to back track his every contact now.
Cheaper, and more effective, to keep he and others like him out of America.
I fear hussein has condemned a lot of our service men and women to death, by sending them into those chit holes.

You and Rick can hunker down and barrcade the door and see if he can save you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just having fun with it. .....

For a little while....
First it start with fun and jokes...

Then it turns into running and screaming...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
You should relocate from NM to Hollywood... laugh

You could write scripts... cool

DF

Borrow from the tv show on whatever network........build a DOME.

Last edited by chapped_lips; 10/01/14.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rovering

What you are too busy parroting misinformation to be able to grasp is that we needn't reach for comparisons nor create hypothetical scenarios. We have a factual Ebola case / outbreak in Texas and we know how it got there.

And we will have more and more of that happening until we fix the problem.

A person with Ebola boarded an ordinary scheduled airline flight or sequence of flights from the known Ebola epidemic country of Liberia to Texas, where the person became both symptomatic and contagious exposing Americans to Ebola.

If those ordinary scheduled airline flight or sequence of flights had been banned by TFR, as some in aviation have been calling for, that person would not now be in America having exposed Americans to Ebola. Simple, known, concrete facts.

You have as yet failed to show so much as a single example of your proposal having stopped a single disease anywhere at any time.

You can spin your fantasy that some Nigerian Prince with his own Gulfstream would have eventually got Ebola, shanghaied a crew from Hong Kong, and flew under ATC radar in radio and transponder silence to Juarez then sneaked across the border all before dieing to still expose Americans to Ebola; but that isn't what has actually happened.

What has actually happened (Facts not Nigerian Princes) to bring Ebola to Texas would not have happened with flight restrictions (bans) in place.

You have still failed to show how any disease at any time has been stopped anywhere at any time with this by securing by your idea.

Cocakamamie as you are you have got to be capable of realizing you don't know what you're talking about because no on has ever done this anywhere at any time. Put up or shut up. produce an example of a disease kept out by travel blockade.

Yes, I have shown that this precise actual Ebola outbreak in Texas would have been absolutely prevented by a ban of air travel from Liberia and other Ebola epidemic countries.

While you swoon to your fantasies of fugitive Nigerian princes in stealth private business jets and parrot misinformation;

some of us are serious enough to be concerned with the actual facts on airports around the world and on the, now, ground zero hot zone of Texas.
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Show me the meat one epidemic stopped at a border.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This Ebola outbreak will be stopped like every prior Ebola outbreak.

The infection in Texas will be stopped the same way. People will do their job and they will put out the fire. People peeing down their legs will contribute nothing more than a wet spot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if its not contained in Africa this guy won't be the last

I'd have a totally different attitude about this if my son or daughter were going to a Northeastern Dallas public school

Last edited by KFWA; 10/01/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe we can bring em all here for treatment.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's tiresome hearing the same advocates for 'calm and trust the government' bleating the same old same old, day after day.
Keeping ANYONE from those infected African countries out of AMERICA, is paramount. If we must let them in, then every traveler should be forced to to a month of quarantine, before being let loose on the folks here.
This infected POS in Dallas is a prime example. He has evidently infected others as well. It's costing millions of dollars to back track his every contact now.
Cheaper, and more effective, to keep he and others like him out of America.
I fear hussein has condemned a lot of our service men and women to death, by sending them into those chit holes.

You and Rick can hunker down and barrcade the door and see if he can save you.

chill out Miles, no one is making fun of you. Not like you make fun of everyone else. laugh

Sam......

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yup. No need to panic. Stress will kill a whole lot more people in this country in the coming years than ebola will.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That's comforting, not. Thanks for the link, I guess.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why was this man allowed to enter the USA? Why was he not listed as coming from a quarantined area and detained upon arrival?

"The liberals preach tolerance and diversity until presented with an opinion other than their own."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Buck_
Yup. No need to panic. Stress will kill a whole lot more people in this country in the coming years than ebola will.

I am sure the people that shared flights and came into contact with this guy share your your sense of calm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least 80, have been exposed, per fox news!!!

Oh boy, its gonna get bad guys!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Originally Posted by Buck_

I am sure the people that shared flights and came into contact with this guy share your your sense of calm.

Some will, some won't. Unfortunately, humans are lousy at risk assessment and emotions often trump rational thought.

CDC estimates that from the 1976-1977 season to the 2006-2007 flu season, flu-associated deaths ranged from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people. The flu is much more contagious. It's contagious before, during and after symptoms develop. The flu will kill many more people on this continent in the foreseeable future, but what are people panicking about? Ebola.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (16penny, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 45 invisible), 2,193 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,790
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.