Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don't know about the CVAs and don't care. I have yet to see one that appeals to me.

nothing wrong with that . very reason i dont own an inline .
also dont need a scope or see a need for one as long as i can see clear enough to place a shot in Bow range.
all my centerfires rifles have scopes.
if it comes down to it , which every day my body tells me im not 21 anymore . So im sure i will enjoy the hunt , setting under a tree with my 65X55 or more likly just being content to let things past the 10 yard mark , just keep walking on by LOL.

but again to each their own. seems like a very good reason not to own one , 2 thumbs up

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One issue that I don't see discussed is rifle fit and especially with a scope mounted. I got to briefly handle a few different MLs on my recent hunting trip and one that I didn't like at all, in regards to stock fit, was a CVA Optima V2. It's a nice rifle but my buddy had a high single piece scope mount that just didn't work for me. I couldn't just throw the rifle up and get a good sight picture without moving my head around and holding my cheek off the stock to get behind the scope. It was very awkward.

Maybe lower mounts would have been better but he said there a problem with the hammer clearing the scope and that's why he used high mounts.

With my Omega I get a decent stock fit/cheek weld provided I use lowest mounts possible. With iron sights it lines up great.

Stock fit is something worth considering when selecting a rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CVA stocks look like they were designed by Helen Keller.........

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
you seem like an off spring to helen heller laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigblock455

You seem like someone who is paid to promote $hit products and has been banned by multiple forums under multiple screen names for doing so without a sponsorship.

Deny that one.......... laugh

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I wish I was paid!

2 forums i've asked to be removed from. They wont delete you when you have a large # of posts due to that taking away from the rank position. I do the same thing on my forum as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude, really? Do I have to go dig up $hit to prove you are lying? Again? We have already BTDT. Then after I proved you a liar, you said you "no longer worked for CVA".

You ASKED to be removed. LMAO. That's rich. You do realize when you punch up your screen name(s) they say "BANNED" right? laugh And that the shameless plugging of foreign made POS muzzleloaders that got you BANNED still all remains for those to see, right?

Your story son, tell it however you want. You may fool some, but not me.

I'm going bowhunting. Enjoy your day Princess.......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
thats true, huntingnet, I pmed Calhunter and ask that he remove all my names. Same as on a couple traditions forums as well. When things slow down and just become to same ol crap, its just no longer worth the effort to support the forum.

I see you like to resort to name calling? Thats ok cupcake, I can do the same thing with a smile on my face LOL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigblock455

After this post, you are really going to call me out for calling you "Princess"? Pretty fuuked up perspective IMO.

At least I haven't resorted to lying. Something you do on a regular basis.

IIRC, you were BANNED more than once on Hunting.net. Under more than one name. shocked Lie some more.

I gotta run. Maybe you can tell the good folks here another lie about why Michigan Sportsman also banned you laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who cares? Why dont you guys do this over a PM or something

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, fellas, get a room so the rest of us don't have to sift through all the who-struck-john.

Thanks much.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
One issue that I don't see discussed is rifle fit and especially with a scope mounted. I got to briefly handle a few different MLs on my recent hunting trip and one that I didn't like at all, in regards to stock fit, was a CVA Optima V2. It's a nice rifle but my buddy had a high single piece scope mount that just didn't work for me. I couldn't just throw the rifle up and get a good sight picture without moving my head around and holding my cheek off the stock to get behind the scope. It was very awkward.

Maybe lower mounts would have been better but he said there a problem with the hammer clearing the scope and that's why he used high mounts
With my Omega I get a decent stock fit/cheek weld provided I use lowest mounts possible. With iron sights it lines up great.

Stock fit is something worth considering when selecting a rifle.

That's another reason I got the Ultra-Lite. It fits and feels like a nice CF, sorta like a .50 cal Montana.

Some guns with irons have stock combs so high that the irons arent usable. It pays to try one in person before you buy, even if you eventually buy online.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
no worries guy, 2muchgun acts like this on predatormasters, just someone that needs slapped around for acting like a fool and never has anything positive to add.

Gotta stand up for yourself when someone makes claims against you and such. This is nothing new for me laugh

I gave my input on which muzzy to look into.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Two more juveniles for the ignore list

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
bb455
has alot of useful advice and experience to contribute on here

dont seem like to me he has some agenda of promoting cva????

from his post he seems to have a bunch of different makes and brands of ml,s

heck i was given a link by someone on here for 3rd generation shooters (name right?)that had a shytload of cva kodiak .45 pro mags for sale and am happy for that link

used to shoot a tc renegade50 for almost 17 years

went to the darkside and sold my soul to the inlines

probably upgrade to a savage smokeless in the future

the other dude, aint never seen him post on ml,s

it is what it is.....................................

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I love my CVA's, I've done a lot of testing/review for companies, most of which I buy the product my self just to see how it works. Guns, bullets, primers, you name it, If I can get a test product from the company for discount or free, so be it LOL. That is something I have never hidden from the folks that ask me directly about it.

My current rifle is a CVA Hawken .58cal that I put together as a kit and did a little modding. I don't see it as helpful advertisement for CVA since they havent made them since 2000-2001.

Testing Frog Lube right now, and yes, I still have the receipt on on paypal info laugh

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I've had a couple of Knights, 3 TC inlines, and a bunch of CVA's. I still have a CVA, and the rest are gone. I've had no problems with CVA inlines, and they're very accurate with good triggers.

My .02

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ive had 3 BPI/CVAs, 8 Knights and 3 Savages.

All 3 BPIs are gone. 3 Knights are gone. One Savage is gone and the other 2 were converted to 45. The custom build is too expensive to sell and its just too good to let go.

I made a profit on the 3 Knights and one Savage. Lost my ass on one BPI/CVA and i lost a little on one other. The last one was a junk Frontier made by BPI i pitched in the trash.

The only ones i kinda miss are 2 of the Knights but they were extras i didnt really need anymore. They both went to friends who made offers i could not refuse.

Last edited by Overkill45; 10/05/14.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
SORRY folks . Time for a Captchee rant ��

I cant speak to the modern inlines But I have owned and sold a lot of CVA rifles through the years , granted most were traditional side locks .IMO if it were not for the likes of CVA , we may very well not have much of anything .

I have owned their doubles , SxS and O&U , Rifles and shotguns . In fact I still own a CVA 20 Gage SXS which is now a SxS flintlock .
I have owned and sold their pistol line . Both traditional side lock and their revolvers . Which past being brass framed and thus suffering the same issues as all brass framed revolvers , shot reasonably well
In fact I still have one of their brass framed 1851 colts . Ironically its not the frame that went south on it . I eventually shot the barrel out .

Im not saying that what CVA imported was of high quality . To say other wise would be a miss statement . But I find it rather ironic that while there has been so much bashing of the Spanish made guns , CVA , Traditions , Jukar �. You hear little to nothing about companies here in the US that had even greater issues and did in fact have an issue with barrel failures .
Case in point Douglas . People climb all over themselves to get a true Douglas barrel . But very few today remember that Douglas had for a time issues with their barrels. Which partially do to legal and liability cost , caused them to close up shop.

Edit : I had to edit out company names

Then you have �A� who just a few years back had an issue where they placed Heli coils in their nipple seats , vs. replacing their plugs . I have heard folks say that�s ok .Company �A� says its safe . While these things maybe true , I have to ask . What exactly is it that your expecting to buy . IMO its one thing to have a repair do to eventual wear or operator error . But quite another to have that repair before the gun is even shot . Would you pay top price for new tiers for you car all of which had patches on them ?
Never mind the tier holds air just fine . But lets over look that one .

Or how about �B� who could not seem to properly fit breech plugs . Which caused the plugs to leak and the threads to corrode . So do to liability issues , they no longer offer Breeched barrels . Oh they will thread them for you but they wont put the breech in . Lets over look that one as well .

Savage , as I recall had an issue as well . Putting opinions on Toby bridges and what he may or may not have done . It still comes down to a failure do to operator error
If we look however at actual manufacturing errors , then how can we not also hold other manufactures , like Savage , Colt , Winchester , S&W and especially Remington accountable . We do realize they all have had many issues through their manufacturing history .

Chuck hawks was also mentioned . While I have the utmost respect for the man IMO aligning himself with RW was a miss step .But , that�s just me .
One of his issues that he talks about is the standard of proof . However there is no mention that the standard is a Government standard of proof and must be marked by law on the barrels .
We have no government enforced standard of proof here in the US .
So should we not question the government who has maintained a 150 year old proof level while at the same time questioning our own ?
Seriously �� we let our gun manufactures tell us that they hold to SAAMI standards . But no one insures they do . But ha we can trust their word right . Would that not be the same as trusting big tobacco , GM ,AIG or for that mater obama to tell us ; its all good , nothing to see here , move along , move along .
Yet that�s exactly what we do

Batch testing barrels ,,,, come on , lets apply that same reasoning to all the manufactures here in the US which do the same thing . For that mater NO testing at all .
I also seem to recall in the same article there was mention of Adesa not being willing to give information on what steel they use concerning muzzle loading barrels .

Im sorry but IMO why should they or would they . Seems to me that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen . All it would take is for someone on the internet to suggest that because they use X quality of steel on a muzzleloader and that same X steel on gun Y . that muzzleloader can withstand the same pressure..

Never mind we here in the US cant seem to agree at least when it comes to muzzleloaders , just what steel standard is acceptable for muzzle loading applications . That includes the makers themselves .
You do realize that the best quality makers like Getz , Rice ,Colerain ,Rayle, Long hammock, Sharon , Green mountain, Thompson center/S&W � just to name a few . For the most part are all different .
that�s not including those who use seamless tubing which is another can of worms all together .

So if we want to point fingers at who maybe getting paid to say what , lets hold that same standard evenly and not pick and chose

Last edited by captchee; 10/06/14.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My apologies to the OP for what happened to his simple request for advice.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 160user, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,185
Posts18,465,707
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.