Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I figured I would start a new thread on this now that production is ramping up. 1st off - I still have the list of anyone who has either PM'd me or posted an interest in these so don't worry, I will be contacting you to see if you still want to purchase. If you haven't done so and are interested please reach out to me!

Sunday was a great day for molding! I solved all of the major issues which were holding up production. The only thing stopping full-blown production is my real job, my wife, and deer hunting season smirk

I need opinions from you guys please! Below is a picture of the two main colors I plan to use. The main colors are black and tan (kinda brownish). Which do you prefer? Please post opinions. The grey parts in the picture were the last of the material I had in that color - I'm thinking of calling those my "limited edition" ones! I also have some material that is like an off-white color, but didn't figure that would be too popular.

I actually had the tan color before Ruger came out with the Predator and Ranch versions of their rifles. I haven't seen either of those in person so I don't know how well it matches up. The tan color is prone to discoloration as you can see in the pictures (still trying to figure out what is causing that). I am going for function over aesthetics here so if you are absolutely offended by some swirl or off-color in your part you need to specify that with your payment. Your order may be delayed until I get the "perfect" part available though. Also, tell me your color preference otherwise I will ship whatever is available. This is really why I need your feedback on color so I can focus on making what you guys want!

Thanks

[Linked Image]

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I could care less, so long as it works.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Black preferred, but really don't care as long as it works...

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I could care less, so long as it works.

Same here!

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doesn't matter to me either, I'm still in for at least one but it's no hurry either (don't have a rifle yet for it).

Life is just one damned thing after another
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Black

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by cotis
I figured I would start a new thread on this now that production is ramping up. 1st off - I still have the list of anyone who has either PM'd me or posted an interest in these so don't worry, I will be contacting you to see if you still want to purchase. If you haven't done so and are interested please reach out to me!

Sunday was a great day for molding! I solved all of the major issues which were holding up production. The only thing stopping full-blown production is my real job, my wife, and deer hunting season smirk

I need opinions from you guys please! Below is a picture of the two main colors I plan to use. The main colors are black and tan (kinda brownish). Which do you prefer? Please post opinions. The grey parts in the picture were the last of the material I had in that color - I'm thinking of calling those my "limited edition" ones! I also have some material that is like an off-white color, but didn't figure that would be too popular.

I actually had the tan color before Ruger came out with the Predator and Ranch versions of their rifles. I haven't seen either of those in person so I don't know how well it matches up. The tan color is prone to discoloration as you can see in the pictures (still trying to figure out what is causing that). I am going for function over aesthetics here so if you are absolutely offended by some swirl or off-color in your part you need to specify that with your payment. Your order may be delayed until I get the "perfect" part available though. Also, tell me your color preference otherwise I will ship whatever is available. This is really why I need your feedback on color so I can focus on making what you guys want!

Thanks

[Linked Image]

Black would be first choice but any of the colors shown are OK. When you go into production, I would buy at least one but most likely two.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever color the most durable material comes in, works for me. Little paint can fix the rest if need be.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Whatever color the most durable material comes in, works for me. Little paint can fix the rest if need be.

Same material for all colors. I do have some black PA 66 33% glass fill that I may try again. I made some prototypes with it and it is some tough stuff! Harder to inject, may have to charge a little more for it if it gives me trouble.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The prototype works great! Not a hitch and it's been well used...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad this worked out would love to see more process pics! I love "how it's made". Type threads.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Black if only one color, but a variety is best so you can tell the mags apart from one another.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It don't matter at all,as Ill probably paint it anyway.
got my new American waiting for pickup this weekend. smile

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
PMs sent today to the first 6 people on the list!

For reference, there are currently 54 people on the list with an average order of 2 parts.

Last edited by cotis; 10/08/14. Reason: added list info

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Latest update - parts were mailed out this morning to all the people who responded to my initial PMs. Next few people have been contacted.

I have found one flaw in my waiting list which is someone not responding to my message when their number comes up. This ties up parts which could go to the next person(s) on the waiting list. In order to please the most people I will move on down the list if I don't hear back within a reasonable time. I can always catch that person back up if they contact me and when parts become available. Thanks!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cotis - somewhere, lost in my sauce, was what you're charging for these worthwhile modified magazines. I'd like to get my name on your list for two (2) short action .243-.308 headsize. PM me with how you'd like payment, shipping cost and your address. Tks. Homesteader

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Homesteader
cotis - somewhere, lost in my sauce, was what you're charging for these worthwhile modified magazines. I'd like to get my name on your list for two (2) short action .243-.308 headsize. PM me with how you'd like payment, shipping cost and your address. Tks. Homesteader

Homesteader, I am only making the mod for the .223 mag. Sorry

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You still got me down for a couple?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
when I picked up my 223 last weekend, the gunshop had an xtra mag for me,but it was for a 243-708,etc.
rugers catalogue is somewhat confusing about which mag is specific to the 223,if I wasn't buying this part from cotis,I wouldn't have know about the difference.
other than the mag that came with the gun was different then the extra one they were selling me. they are going to ship a correct one free to make up for the mistake.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You still got me down for a couple?

Yes. You can drive over one weekend to watch it being made if you want!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.