Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
I still believe the media is blowing this out of proportion.

Educate yourself:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/30/health/how-ebola-spreads/

Originally Posted by rost495
All this, and not a single case of Ebola in South Africa or any one of its immediate neighboring countries.

Gentleman,
Here is a different perspective, between you fellas in the USA, and me here in South Africa?
Who is the safest from this virus between you and me? Is it you as a hunter coming to South Africa, where there is not a single case, or is it me as an outfitter living in South Africa, and having to come to the outdoor shows hosted by a country where Ebola cases have been identified?

You don't HAVE to come to the US.....

Sir, I'm not sure I understand your comment.

Being a smartazz. Saying since SA is so much safer from Ebola than the US is, you don't have to make the trip over here for the shows, lest you might get infected....

Saying SA is safer than the US right now is a stretch, unless your borders are totally closed. At least IMHO.

I KNOW its here, and we can't stop it here basically. But being on the same continent as the outbreak would simply have to be more dangerous.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
BP-B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
"Being on the same continent" would intuitively seem to put SA at greater risk, but with open borders and open airports here in the U.S., I'm not so sure that's a valid point.

A lot would depend on SA's policy of immigration and if they allow W. African travelers full access to their country. I don't know their policies, I do know ours. Theirs can't be any worse, hopefully, they're more logical, not so "politically correct".

P.C. is going to get good people killed, one way or the other... frown

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fgold767

Marius, sent you a PM

Replied

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"I KNOW its here, and we can't stop it here basically. But being on the same continent as the outbreak would simply have to be more dangerous."

Sir, you are obviously very patriotic, so my attempt at sarcastically highlighting a point of how much its being blown out of proportion, obviously missed its mark.
The fact that you called Africa a continent and not a country, is a tick next to your name.
The fact that you say the virus is in the USA and that you can't stop it, tells me that you have been listening to the media too much. The exact reason why we are debating on this thread.

It's not pestilence. The world has been awoken to the problem, and will deal with it. I predict that it won't get much worse than it is currently.
Countries are on high alert, and they should be, otherwise it will spread. It will be under control soon. Countries were just caught a little bit off guard.

My source says that everything will be fine.

Last edited by KMGHuntingSafaris; 10/10/14.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
... My source says that everything will be fine.

I hope your "source" is right. Time will tell.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I hope your source is not the same as our source,0blowama?
He has assured US that everything is great and they have it under control.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really feel for you guys under that man. His policies are the same as the ones we see here with the 3rd world African countries. They did not work in Africa, so why would they work in the USA. But, then again, he's from here, so who can blame him.

But, this time, he is correct. If it's not already, it will be under control soon.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I really feel for you guys under that man. (Obama) ... But, this time, he is correct. If it's not already, it will be under control soon.

Oh really? Our Dear Leader just gave a video message to the West African countries currently experiencing outbreaks of Ebola and he dispensed advice as to how residents could avoid the disease, including "You can't get it through casual contact, like sitting next to someone on a bus." At the same time our Center for Disease Control (CDC) is advising Americans who travel to Ebola-stricken nations "to avoid public transportation."

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Does a door knob count as "casual contact"? CDC says the virus can live up to 3 hours on such.

Open a door, rub your eyes or nose and there you are. Heck you don't even have to have carnal knowledge of that doorknob.....

And this morning there was a report that in those who survive the virus themselves, sperm may remain infectious for 3 months. And they may not be immune to other strains, tho immune to the strain they had for at least 7 years or so.

Last edited by las; 10/10/14.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Political Correctness is most deadly...

The virus is just the agent...

DF

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I suggest others to take the time and watch and listen to this video. Then decide what the world is dealing with. Ebola is a BSL-4 virus and it is mentioned several times in this video.

Notice the engineering and safety protocols needed,pretty stunning stuff.

http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/video-offers-glimpse-of-biosafety-level-4-lab/

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Last edited by RogerD; 10/15/14.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RogerD
I suggest others to take the time and watch and listen to this video. Then decide what the world is dealing with. Ebola is a BSL-4 virus and it is mentioned several times in this video.

Notice the engineering and safety protocols needed,pretty stunning stuff.

http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/video-offers-glimpse-of-biosafety-level-4-lab/

And it's a wonder there haven't been more infections from the Dallas Hospital. Thanks for the great link

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
108 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,701
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.