-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They adjust from full up nearly 66" to full down 20" with one thing....the trigger and fast fast fast

No pop knuckles to open and close pluse the Trigger stick doubles as a walking cane and binocular rest with the same speed

Far faster than the bogpod and no less solid

like I said.....after using both the bogpod had to go

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Any rest, any way you can get it! I have used my spotting scope tripod sans scope and padded on top with gloves or a hat, out on the tundra. Across the handlebars (with padding) of the ATV, across the snow machine windshield or across the seats works too.

The last time i used "sticks" it was on a Colorado elk hunt where I was forced to take a standing shot. I used two birch trees about a foot apart, between which I jammed my left forearm, over which I rested the rifle. 150 yards DRT with a .260.

I don't think I could have tipped them slightly toward me, however, as they were about 10 inches in diameter where I wedged my arm.. smile

Foot-hunting, I often carry a 6' walking staff made from local birch, trimmed to about 1.25 inches in diameter top to bottom, with a padded fork on top. A monopod isn't as good as a bipod, but again I have found the steadiest position to be with the foot kicked out a bit away from me. Better yet if I can brace it, or me in some safe way against another tree etc.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Any rest, any way you can get it! I have used my spotting scope tripod sans scope and padded on top with gloves or a hat. Across the handlebars (with padding) of the ATV, across the snow machine windshield or across the seats works too.

The last time i used "sticks" it was on a Colorado elk hunt where I was forced to take a standing shot. It was two 10" birch trees about a foot apart, between which I jammed my left forearm, over which I rested the rifle. 150 yards DRT with a .260.

I don't think I could have tipped them slightly toward me, however... smile

Foot-hunting, I often carry a 6' walking staff made from local birch, trimmed to about 1.25 inches in diameter top to bottom, with a padded fork on top. A monopod isn't as good as a bipod, but again I have found the steadiest position to be with the foot kicked out a bit away from me,mand me leaning into it slightly. Better yet is if I can brace it or me in some safe way against another object

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,657
Posts18,455,635
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.