Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hello member's
As some of you Know S&W used to Import some fine rifle's one being the high quality Husqvarna rifles with the super strong 1640 actions. I own one made in 1967 that has the Model 1640 action. I use the gun Lightly to Hunt Deer with, but it has always' Hindered me due to it's Horrid Trigger Pull. It is an "A" Grade gun with the High Gloss Urethane stock, fine checking and high Polished bluing. It is chambered in Springfield 30-06 and is a fine accurate gun. There is one draw back that really annoy's me though and that is a Terrible Trigger with a wicked high Pound rated trigger pull. I looked at options and located a great one for the Husqvarna rifles. It is made by Huber Concepts and is called their Ball bearing competition trigger. it is a fully adjustable trigger for let off as well as creep.

I had some Deep conversation with the owner of the company John Huber, he is very passionate for perfection as well as rifle accuracy and has chosen the fabulous Husqvarna Husqvarna rifle to mock up a drop in trigger assembly for. This new Ball bearing designed trigger will allow owner's of Husqvarna's to use his trigger with No stock alteration's Nor safety lever issues & It is now finished and John Has agreed to send me one as well as two more trigger assemblies that are in their final stages of R&D. It should be here shortly so when it show's up, I have agreed to follow up with an in Depth article on his trigger's as well as show the accuracy result's of his ball bearing friction less triggers. He is currently the only Manufacturer out there to make a totally drop in trigger for the Husqvarna rifles Timney offer's a trigger but it requires much stock modification to use their trigger and the last thing I wanted to do was butcher a prefectly Good French Walnut stock. If this Interests you here is a link to his web page or stay tuned to watch this new project unfold, Pictures and dialog to follow. Regards, The General

Best Aftermarket Rifle Triggers Reviews and Muzzle Brakes

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hello Member's
For those of you Not Familiar with the Imported S&W Husqvarna rifle's, here is my 1967 Model A rifle wearing a period correct Redfield Wide view-3-9 Power scope. I have Owned many High end rifles in the past 40 Year's but this Husqvarna is one of the Nicest one's Beating out the quality of a Pre-1965 Sako A-5 that I used to own. If you do not have one of these fine rifles you really do not know what you are missing they are a Gorgeous Super Made High Quality rifle. It is Real Sad that Husqvarna is now out of Business as I feel that they had the Highest quality rifles to have ever offered Bar None. wink Regards, The General

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everything you said about those is true. It's amazing guys put so much money into tired old military mausers with floppy bolts when there are guns like that out there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll be watching this post. Thanks for the heads up.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Everything you said about those is true. It's amazing guys put so much money into tired old military mausers with floppy bolts when there are guns like that out there.

Hello cumminscowboy
Many Guy's are not aware of these Fine Husqvarna rifles. Accuracy is one of their best qualities they used High Quality steel and did excellent machine work on these rifles it is sad that the Import Law's changed and made it tough for companies like Husqvarna to get these rifles shippped into the United States. I had to look a Long time to find this one they are not an easy rifle to find and those that have them are reluctant to let them go due to their fine quality. The Only draw back I have with mine is the Trigger Pull being very High in it I can't wait to get this Huber concept's trigger assembly in place so that this gun will show much tigher group's on Target. Regards, TheGeneral

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
G-I too, will be interested to see what you find with the Huber trigger. My Husky is not from S&W but the same action and snaubel-type stock (3100, I believe). I have had this .270 for nearly three decades and my impression is the same as yours. Does the Huber design you speak of replace the entire trigger mechanism and safety or is it just the trigger itself like their website shows for HVA Mausers? Thanks for posting this. Regards, Bruce

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see these in the pawn shop and used rack quite a bit at the gun stores around me. Often times the don't sell quick because the average guy doesn't know what they are.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Very interesting trigger concept.

I picked up a schnabel stocked S&W in .30-06 yrs back. Owner had never heard of the brand so I got it at a good price. Sold the stock for half my cost. Try as I might I just didn't like the fit. Had to cut the bbl back to 17.75" due to a bulge. Recently found out the cast bottom metal had a hairline crack. So I worked it into a Choate M98 stock w/blind magazine box. I polished the contact surfaces of the trigger/bolt assembly. Now at least I've got a trigger that breaks consistant but with a heavy pull. Going to look for a replacement spring a some point. Although it's ready to shoot I still want to fill in some small gaps and maybe shorten the LOP. Going to make for a nice compact beater.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EZEARL
Very interesting trigger concept.

I polished the contact surfaces of the trigger/bolt assembly. Now at least I've got a trigger that breaks consistant but with a heavy pull. Going to look for a replacement spring a some point. Although it's ready to shoot I still want to fill in some small gaps and maybe shorten the LOP. Going to make for a nice compact beater.

[Linked Image]

Hello EZEarl
That Gun is Screaming for a custom Trigger ! This is part of the reason I am writting this Thread as well as some other's that I have on Other forum's. There is Not Much Hope for these Husqvarna's as far as getting a Nice Custon level Trigger, so I for one am Very Glad that John Huber believe's in these rifles enough so that he Made these drop in Trigger's. Up to that Point your Only choice was to have some Gun smith work over your existing trigger and spring tension is not the Only issue with these triggers, They require Much filing and adjusting to get one to work right. The Huber Trigger is a Ball bearing Frictionless Trigger so it is as smmoth as Silk with Zero Drag, of which No Other Trigger Manufacturer even offer's such a thing period. Timney makes a Half heart attempt of a Trigger for these Gun's but it Requires fitting The Stock and fiddling around with the Gun's safety, I Guess Timney does not have an Engineer's working for them, or for the fact of that matter anyone that can design a drop in trigger that does not require Hacking up the Gorgeous French Walnut stock or Playing around with the Gun's Safety which to me is Absurd I want a safety to work and work right. Stay Tuned guy's that Huber Concept's trigger should be here any time I will include Many Picture's as well as dialog John Huber deserves all of the Recognition he is a smart Engineer that cares enough for Our Husky's that he made the Trigger FIT The GUN...And here is why I don't want a Timney trigger in my Gun I am Not about to start Hacking this gun's stock Just to get a Trigger in it....and Timney Can NOT begin to compare to a Real competition Trigger like John Huber has designed, proven and is Now Marketing he Know's what Product performance is all about, Not Just mass producing trigger's that leave the Buyer to fit them to the Gun...Like all that Timney has to Offer for these Guns... wink The General

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A model A S&W .30-06 was my 1st high powered rifle. Excellent quality. I hunted with a 9.3x62 Husqvarna in Sweden and loved it (it was a lefty). Looks like Zoli makes them now under license and will be importing them (both left and right-handed versions) next year. I'll be getting one.
Bob

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.simpsonltd.com/index.php?cPath=350_370

Your welcome, or I'm sorry depending on how much money it ends up costing you!!!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are you selling these triggers?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by K1500
Are you selling these triggers?

Hello
No, They are sponsoring me to To test & Evaluate their Triggers. They can be bought here. Regards, The General

http://huberconcepts.com/

Last edited by generalstuart; 10/14/14.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hey General. Just saw the post regarding your Husqvarna rifle.
I fully agree with you in your description of these fine rifles. They are without question, some of the finest rifles ever made.
I have a model 9000 with the 1900 action in 270 cal. I think it was made in 1971. It is a tack driver and smooth as butter. Tolerances are very tight when compared to other brands. Yes, it is a bad stroke of luck that Husqvarna quit making these beauties.
My father give this gem. Boy was I lucky to have inherited it.
I did check out Zoli rifles but wow. Not in my price range.
Cheers.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lagerboy
Hey General. Just saw the post regarding your Husqvarna rifle.
I fully agree with you in your description of these fine rifles. They are without question, some of the finest rifles ever made.
I have a model 9000 with the 1900 action in 270 cal. I think it was made in 1971. It is a tack driver and smooth as butter. Tolerances are very tight when compared to other brands. Yes, it is a bad stroke of luck that Husqvarna quit making these beauties.
My father give this gem. Boy was I lucky to have inherited it.
I did check out Zoli rifles but wow. Not in my price range.
Cheers.

Hello lagerboy
I have had many, many High end Production rifles in the past 40 Years of shooting High Powered rifles and None have began to compare to the High Quality in this Current S&W Imported Husqvarna rifle that I have shown in this Thread. Even my Pre-1965 Sako A-5 rifle did Not Compare to the High quality seen in my Husqvarna being fit, finish, or accuracy the Husky Came out on top in all Three area's without a Doubt. The Engineeer's at Husqvarna got together on their own and designed the Model 1900 actions. It was their desire to develope a smooth Bolt Throw and bullet feed along with an adjustable Trigger Improving Much as far as rifle performance goes on the earlier made model 1640 action guns. They did this in Grand style from what I have heard and read, but due to the stringent Importation law Changes back in that time span it Killed all future sales or Importation of their fine gun's to The United States, another Einstein Move on our Mis Managed Government, yet our wonderful Government Freely allowed Japan the rights to import their Howa rifles and continued to do so, which to me a Howa is No Comparison to a Husky in any area, I have had a few of them over the years even one of their Bull barrel Model 1500's chambered in .22-250 that was Not all that accurate on paper and although they all seem Look nice they are sure No Husky as far as accuracy or Quality. That Stringent law's set forth on Imported gun's coming into the U.S. from our Wonderfull Mis managed Government alone is what KILLED Husqvarna and forced them right out of production and Straight out of the Gun making Business. a while back, I had a Nice Model 1900 S&W Imported Husqvarna chambered in Winchester .270 Caliber in my sight's, on this foruum as a matter of fact and what I Deemed as a Solid trade agreement, DONE DEAL worked out with the Guy that Owned it, but He Backed OUT after he agreed to make the deal happen with Me Which Really Ticked me off as I am, and always' have been a man of my word, Too Bad Not everyone Uses a Good Solid Life values like this one in their own Live's, and Transaction's Kind of Sad Huh ? To me a man is Only as Good as his WORD, But in the End it was His Loss I sure did not loose any Sleep over it and it showed me EXACTY What Kind of Man that he Really WASN'T To begin with ! so I am still On The Hunt for a model 1900 Imported S&W rifle, of which I am sure someday when all of the star's line up right I will land One. I will Include a Site Link below that There is a Ton of Good educational reading on all Husqvarna's made, & I learned Very much Myself that I did Not Know about The Awesome Husqvarna Guns from reading it all, & I Sure hope this help's you and Other's learn more about Exactly why the Husqvarna rifles are so Dang Awesome. To Up-Date Ya'll here on this Trigger Project today I Called Gary The sales Rep. @ Huber concept's and he said that the Competition Ball bearing Frictionless Trigger should have been in today's mail box awaiting me, but I suspect the Columbus Holiday Tanked that Thought, but I am very Excited about getting into this project as soon as it arrives I will Certainly start The Close up Picture's and Step by step dialog on how to convert a Husky into a Super Match Quality rifle, more to follow, stay Tuned Guy's it all Gonna Happen Very Soon & you have "My WORD on That" !!!... Regards, The General

http://www.skydevaaben.com/index.xml

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Thanks for the info General. I did adjust my trigger and that adjustment did help lots.
I'm interested to here and see how your project goes.
Good luck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got a Husky 30/06 (I paid just $250 for it) that needs a trigger.

LOL
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I will be doing a write-up on the Zoli 1900 lefty early next year when they arrive here in the US. Stocks will be more in line with what the American shooter wants.
Bob

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
RGK,
Who is going to be importing the Zoli rifles. I thing the actions only are already coming into the country.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hello All
For those of you Following this Thread, My Huber concept's match grade ball bearing friction less Black Teflon finished trigger arrived in Today's Mail. Initally I was under the impression that I may have to change out the entire Husqvarna trigger assembly, but I stood to be corrected. It is simply a self contained Ball bearing trigger that is Placed into the gun's Existing Trigger assembly. It appear's that all that has to be done to install it in my gun is to drive out the Existing trigger Pin that Goes Through the Husqvarna trigger assembly, to install this Match grade trigger, I would say the entire install of it should Not be more than ten Minute's Top's. It even comes with an allen head wrench to adjust it once it is Placed in the trigerr assembly for let off Pressure and Over all Trigger Creep once it is installed is in the gun. Here is how it comes & Look's when ordered from Huber Concept's it came in a nice Padded envelope and they also sent me w Nice Ball Point Pen with their advertising name on it and a neat Sticker to Place on my Vehicle should I decide to do so, They are super Nice folok's at Huber Concept's that's for sure and they Really care about customer relation's as well as making a fine engineered trigger to solve the heavy trigger Pull issue's in these Husqvarna's. I never got anything other than the part I paid for when I delt with Timney Trigger's and their's will not hold a candle to the performance of these Huber Concept trigger's as their's is adjusted through Spring tension and has No Ball bearing design to it, and when Buying their's they Only offer it as a complete Trigger assembly, so you have to hack up your Gun's stock to fit their larger trigger assembly as well as Modify the wood around the Gun's safety lever, so that Turned me right off to begin with that is why I Turned to John Huber for his advice and Excellent product. Regards, The General

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 68 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.