Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

222 mag for bison, now there is a challenge...

Please don't use B-Tips. Never would hear the end of it. grin

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Only truth, come here with a .380 to hunt deer and pack it back home. I really expect you "EXPERTS" to kill with a .177 pellet rifle next.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tossed straight up, How about holding your Mark I in the left hand and tossing a bottle as far as you can with your right hand, grab the gun and break the bottle?
I shot through the holes in washers tossed in the air. proven with tape over the washers. Yeah, tough shooting so you can use stupid guns to hunt. You are a real stupid man to hunt with a gun that can hurt and not kill. Those that agree with you are not very smart either.
My slingshot has more then your stupid .380.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Proof is in the pics, isn't that what you always say?

What the hell does aerial shooting have to do with this thread? Just more chest thumping from the chestless.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel

222 mag for bison, now there is a challenge...

Maybe for mortals.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I really expect you "EXPERTS" to kill with a .177 pellet rifle next.

Don't be ridiculous.

This is a handgun forum.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Let's see some dead deer with your slingshot.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's it. I'm gonna have to take a deer with the .357, the .32H&R, and the .25-20 this year. They aren't bullet proof.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
In Oregon the handgun rules are .24 center fire for Bighorn Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goats and Elk. .22 center fire for everything else (Black Bear, Cougar, Deer, Pronghorn, during the firearm seasons.

Now, where is my Jennings .25 ACP Bone Collector? I got a fresh box of 35 grain Hornady XTP's to kick some Elk ass!

I seriously doubt you could reach an elk brain cavity from any angle with a .25acp. What the heck is Oregon thinking?

Maybe this is the cougar they had in mind for the .22 center fire pistol.

[Linked Image]

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Real men hunt with an icepick or a toothpick blowgun.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I quit telling other people what kinda gun they should use a long time ago. I have killed too many deer with .22 rim fires and .22 cf's to be considered an expert on this forum.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When an animal isn't retrieved after being shot with a gun with "marginal" power, the answer is always use more gun. When an animal isn't retrieved after being shot with a gun with "heavy recoil" the answer is always use less gun.

The real answer is to always place your shots where they count, and if you can't, don't take the shot. You can compensate for lack of shooting skills by choosing a different gun.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by CraigC
Proof is in the pics, isn't that what you always say?

What the hell does aerial shooting have to do with this thread? Just more chest thumping from the chestless.

Well the rocks in the air weren't paint cans.....that's what really pisses him off.
That and s/he's a herm.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Where'd derby_doesn't go to?

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
I don't agree with much of this article. It seems to me the author has a poor grasp on handgun hunting and what it requires to kill an animal as it certainly isn't muzzle energy. I guess everyone who wants to hunt deer with a handgun should run out and buy a .500 Smith......good grief.
+1. Some people just don't get it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

Anyone that attempts to rate lethality with "foot pounds of energy" does not know what they are talking about and have zero credibility.
Another +1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do not understand at all, CraigC, Whitworth and JWP do not get along with me but all post the right things.
Very strange all agree.
Been years and years that I said ME means nothing but now it is repeated by those that did not agree.
Been very hard to explain a ball round from the 30-06 has ME but does it kill like a Nosler BT?
To even shoot at a deer with a .380 is a stunt with only a brain hit where the stinking little bullet might not reach it. You will not break the spine or kill with a lung shot. That is a stunt and not in the reputable hunter status. I expect the next will be the .25 auto will kill deer.
You can kill with a .22 between the eyes but if you deer hunt with a .22 your ethics do not belong in the field.
Shrapnel might have broken the law. States have limits to to the guns. I am sure a .380 is not legal.
Many of us are not PURE but to wound any animal with stupidity can't be forgiven. Waste is my concern, I could care less what you do to eat.
I am not enamored with a deer kill with a .380. It is an inch from suffering a slow death.
Posts like this are why no one gets along with you

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tossed straight up, How about holding your Mark I in the left hand and tossing a bottle as far as you can with your right hand, grab the gun and break the bottle?
I shot through the holes in washers tossed in the air. proven with tape over the washers. Yeah, tough shooting so you can use stupid guns to hunt. You are a real stupid man to hunt with a gun that can hurt and not kill. Those that agree with you are not very smart either.
You really are a phucing tard

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I know a couple of guys who've killed mtn lions with 22 magnum revolvers. They're no more bulletproof than deer. What makes you think that a 223 or 22-250 in a contender isn't sufficient for cougars.

My Grandad killed a mulie with his 38 special 4" M10 one year, turns out a 158 RN factory load will break a deer neck at 40 or so yards. Shoot sheit in the right place and it dies, that's how it works, how it's always worked.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I know a guy that has killed a pile of cougars with a 22 mag.

Travis

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 204guy, 1minute, 40 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,353
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.