Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
Always curious why folks think it takes more to kill a 200 or 300 pound non-man than a 200 or 300 pound man?

Medical scientists claim an average 200 to 300 pound man cannot take the same punishment that a 200 to 300 animal can take. It has something to do with the biology.

I'm neither a doctor nor a biologist neither human or animal. I don't know it's what I read and hear.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by EdM
Always curious why folks think it takes more to kill a 200 or 300 pound non-man than a 200 or 300 pound man?

Medical scientists claim an average 200 to 300 pound man cannot take the same punishment that a 200 to 300 animal can take. It has something to do with the biology.

I'm neither a doctor nor a biologist neither human or animal. I don't know it's what I read and hear.

You have a link to backup that claim? I can assure you that a black powder 45 colt will take a deer very cleanly. Marginal, I think not.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Originally Posted by EdM

I find this puzzling as well.

One would be trying to kill you and if my weapon was adequate for protecting me from death, then it dam sure would be adequate to take a deer.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by EdM

From what I understand, some of it has to do with the pressure required to pump blood horizontally to the brain versus vertically...

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jwp475

Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I've not played with a bunch of different bullets in handguns, but what I've noticed is that it doesn't take a whole heckuva lot of velocity for an LBT to do what it's supposed to.

My experience is that a slightly heavy one, even if it's moving at modest velocity, usually has an in-hole, an out-hole, and a lot of broken parts in between.

Exactly! Vic you speak with the wisdom of experience.

+1. I dunno what results people are used to, but if a SWC at 850/900fps isn't getting it done, the shooter is the problem.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM

You have a link to backup that claim? I can assure you that a black powder 45 colt will take a deer very cleanly. Marginal, I think not.

Nope. Just stuff I've read over the years. I did put a disclaimer in there for whatever it's worth.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Derby Dood talking about hunting is about as funny as him talking about suppressors..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Most of you can't hold 4" at 25 yards yet claim to shoot deer in the brain.

That right there is a really good example of why you have no fan club outside of Loserville, KY (aka WDIL). You love to act as if you are the only one with everything figured out. You're the only one that can shoot worth a damn. You're the only one with the magical wunderlube that allows you to do mind tricks on deer, summon fairies and shoot half inch groups. Well, maybe that last part is true.

For the guy who says pics are everything, did I imagine this head shot? Sorry but I don't have pics of all the other critters I've head-shot. You'd probably call me a liar if I told the tale of killing two big does together, one a head-shot and the other with a quickly successive shot through both shoulders.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A little cranial evac, there, ehh?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by EdM

Very easy, you take out one lung not both so survival can be if an ambulance gets there. Read how many survive after shot with a full mag of nines.
Whitworth was here when a young lady shot a deer in the front of the chest with a .223. We lost the deer with not a drop of blood even with all the ME. I went to my stand an hour later and found the deer, gutted it and found the bullet made 6" only, never reached the heart. The deer was well over 100 yards from where shot. There was no blood under her either. The girl now uses a 30-30.
Only a fool will use less a gun that kills 100% of the time to make a name for himself.
I respect the animal, will not fall into the fool spot.
I respect Whitworth's and JWP's experience so why don't you bash on them about how great the .380 is?
I have taken too many deer with a .45 Colt myself to say it is "MARGINAL." I have also taken many deer with my Ruger Old Army and round balls. Kills as fast as a .44 mag.
I will only say a .22 or .380 or nine deer hunter is a fool.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CraigC
Most of you can't hold 4" at 25 yards yet claim to shoot deer in the brain.

That right there is a really good example of why you have no fan club outside of Loserville, KY (aka WDIL). You love to act as if you are the only one with everything figured out. You're the only one that can shoot worth a damn. You're the only one with the magical wunderlube that allows you to do mind tricks on deer, summon fairies and shoot half inch groups. Well, maybe that last part is true.

For the guy who says pics are everything, did I imagine this head shot? Sorry but I don't have pics of all the other critters I've head-shot. You'd probably call me a liar if I told the tale of killing two big does together, one a head-shot and the other with a quickly successive shot through both shoulders.
[Linked Image]

That is not a handgun shot or a .380 shot so what is your point?

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
So, after all the drama thus far, answer me this: If I wanted to carry my .45 Colt New Service (somewhat marginally more strong than a Colt SAA), loaded with fairly stiff 255 grain semi-wadcutter handloads, out to distances at which I can consistently hit a softball sized target (say 30 yards)- would I be kidding myself? Note that I am not a pistolero, just a guy who dabbles with a couple Colts and who happens to be pretty good with this old New Service.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
So, after all the drama thus far, answer me this: If I wanted to carry my .45 Colt New Service (somewhat marginally more strong than a Colt SAA), loaded with fairly stiff 255 grain semi-wadcutter handloads, out to distances at which I can consistently hit a softball sized target (say 30 yards)- would I be kidding myself? Note that I am not a pistolero, just a guy who dabbles with a couple Colts and who happens to be pretty good with this old New Service.

You'll kill deer just fine, buddy. Put the bullet in the boiler room, and make sure the knife is sharp.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That is not a handgun shot or a .380 shot so what is your point?

And that's what I get for arguing with an idiot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't count the arrows and .22 bullets I found in deer. Healthy until I used the right gun or bow.

Would it help if you took off your shoes?

I have taken too many deer with a .45 Colt myself to say it is "MARGINAL." I have also taken many deer with my Ruger Old Army and round balls. Kills as fast as a .44 mag.

You are truly a master of hyperbole.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I can't count the arrows and .22 bullets I found in deer. Healthy until I used the right gun or bow.

Would it help if you took off your shoes?

You are truly a master of hyperbole.

You might as well wrestle a girl, there is no satisfaction in winning an argument with an idiot...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Be careful or you will get stalked in threads and challenged to come to his place. You will also get flamed on "We Deal In Lead" and will not be allowed to defend yourself.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
bfr is a moron.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Be careful or you will get stalked in threads and challenged to come to his place. You will also get flamed on "We Deal In Lead" and will not be allowed to defend yourself.

That would be a bigger disappointment to him than me...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
An idiot is anyone using a rim fire or .380 for deer.
JWP and I do not get along and he did sneak in to wedealinlead to come after me and was caught. But I would prefer to hunt with JWP and Whitworth any time over an idiot.
CraigC still did not say what magnum rifle he used on the deer head. A revolver of any caliber will NOT do that. Maybe he will claim a .22 HP.
I remember Whitworth bringing a .338 to hunt deer, he did good. maybe I should have given him a mark II with hollow points.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.