Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm very surprised with the report on Brux bbls, not doubting the poster in any way but my experience has been extremely positive with them. Been in their shop many times and watched Norm rifle the tubes. He's very meticulous on measuring groove diameter as the rifling is progressing. It also takes a substantial amount of lapping to even open the bore a tenth of a thousandth. Hopefully they got the feedback as their customer service is exceptional. In all bbl manufacturing you can have a stinker for whatever reason and with no questions asked they will make it right. Btw, their little stack of 'returns' is a pittance compared to the numbers they produce. I've picked up a couple of those 'stinkers' to turn into a few AR barrels (.224 and .6.5) and a surprising number of them show burnishing consisting of JB or simichrome after the fact. I cast laps in them to return the bore to the proper finish and they shoot lights out. I'll take a Brux barrel any day.

Shoot straight, shoot often
BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a Bartlein on a target rig I think is going to have to be sent back. Shoots lights out for a bout 30 rounds then accuracy goes and start to get vertical. Powder fouls horribly with several different powders. All manufacuters can make a dud every now and then.

Last edited by jsthntn247; 10/22/14.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by marku
Specs are as follows.
300 RUM throated for 230gr Bergers
Remington M700 action
Fluted bolt from lamp field custom
Huber Concepts 2 stage 2lb trigger
Manners T4 carbon elite stock (finished in carbon fiber)
Brux 1-9.5" 27.5" barrel fluted AO varmit contour with APA little Jimmy brake
Badger M4 bottom metal with a single shot follower
HD recoil lug all finished in spider monkey green
Nightforce 40moa base and UL rings
SB 5-25 PM2

Patiently waiting on the barrel to get here lol.

Hoping with RL33 to hit 3050-3150 with 230gr Bergers

Here's mine:
[Linked Image]
and
[Linked Image]
Greg Tannel did the 'smithing on mine.
29.5" Kreiger 1-10" four inches cylindrical to a one inch muzzle.
Jewel trigger at one pound.
PT&G lightweight shroud and pin.
Nightforce base, rings and 5.5x22x56mm with NP-1RR reticle.

With the Turner Saddlery sling and three rounds it weighs exactly 15 pounds.
I get 3150fps with 210 grain Bergers seated to touch the lands over 78 grains Retumbo at 58kpsi (disclaimer: this is my load in this rifle, yours may be different, don't blow yourself up).

You will like your rifle.

Last edited by TheKuskokid; 10/22/14.

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
20 MOA will be a centered sight pic somewhere around 800 yds and will get that rifle out to somewhere around 2000. I suppose if average shots are going to be in the ballpark of 1400 yds the 40 minute rail is the way to go.

Sounds like its going to be a nice rifle however.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 10/23/14.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jsthntn247
I have a Bartlein on a target rig I think is going to have to be sent back. Shoots lights out for a bout 30 rounds then accuracy goes and start to get vertical. Powder fouls horribly with several different powders. All manufacuters can make a dud every now and then.

In what way is powder fouling the barrel manufacturer's fault? I could see it being their problem with copper fouling, bore finish has a large effect on that. What is the cartridge and how fast are you shooting?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never had an issue with powder fouling unless I was shooting black powder...

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just chambered a Brux barrel in 264 Win Mag. yesterday. It is going to West Texas to be used on Whitetails and Hogs at long range. If there are any problems I will report back.

B
B
We stock barrels from Bartlein, Brux and Rock Creek. We've built many great shooting rifles with barrels from all these manufacturers and if we saw one MFG that had more than the occasional issue, we'd stop using them. Or I'd go out of business dealing with a bunch of unhappy customers. The barrels we use are a reflection of OUR company.

We have seen bad barrels from all three of these manufacturers. But with the large number of barrels we've installed, the problems are pretty few and far between. And I can say if there is an issue, Brux is super fast to address the problem. I can't say the same about all other manufacturers. Every company that makes anything will occasionally have something less than perfect. That's just life.

We've also installed many barrels from other manufacturers including Kreiger, Obermeyer, Mullerworks, Hart, etc. We've seen lots of different barrels from different MFGs. So, we're not just dealing with a small number of MFGs; we see it all.

Among the rifles we've built with Brux barrels are a few that NRA national record holder Keith Trapp has used to achieve multiple F-Class records. I run a Brux on my 6.5 Creedmoor and if there was even a chance it wouldn't perform outstandingly well, I'd be running something different. Every time I am at a range or match people look to see how the rifle performs and it is a reflection of my company.

Brux is a top tier company. They, like all barrel manufacturers, have had the occasional less than perfect barrel leave the shop. But the problem ones we've seen are pretty few and far between.

Mark Kuczka
Accurate Ordnance, LLC
accurateordnance.com

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 17 invisible), 1,653 guests, and 653 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.