Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#9252312 10/13/14
Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Has he completely disappeared from the hunting scene since the big controversy?
I don't believe I have seen him in any magazines or on TV since.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Missed it, what controversy?

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
He's still out there. I will have to look, but I know I have seen him in a recent magazine.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Missed it, what controversy?

Mike

AR15s... no one needs em, they only kill people or some such....

He ain't out there anymore far as I care, I wouldn't read or watch the SOB traitor on a bet.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Ah I missed that!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He still has a show on the Outdoor channel right?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I haven't seen it advertised in a long time. He lost a lot of support even though he supposedly "saw the light" thanks to a Ted Nugent intervention.

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
He still has a show on the Outdoor channel right?

Don't believe so.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
He snakes around shot show like some one should give a [bleep] about him I think he mostly just gets the stink eye. [bleep] him he's a trader.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fine with me. I never thought much of the guy anyway. Always seemed like a bit of a blowhard.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Yes he is writes well but knows little and is a first class prick.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I never cared for his show, especially his "cooking".

He's entitled to his opinion, but should have thought it through before spouting off. When you're in the public eye and use the forum that provides your livelihood to go on a rant about something, there's a price to pay.

I've got to wonder if Nugent's intervention really changed his mind, or if it was just an attempt staged by the industry to keep the money flowing.

Last edited by Pappy348; 10/15/14.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by fredIII
He snakes around shot show like some one should give a [bleep] about him I think he mostly just gets the stink eye. [bleep] him he's a trader.

Please don't take this as me picking on you.

Traders are alright. They get together and swap stuff.

Traitors are sheetbirds and should be shunned.

Zumbo is a Traitor not a Trader.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks for the correction yes he's a [bleep] for sure

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zumbo Is just a guy that hunts then writes about it. If you have an Issue with the guys past, It is your flaw in thinking. There are lots of different types of Slobs, Some of you are the worst type. Back Biters.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Thanks for the post modern slant on things. The guy is a traitor. I'm sure I'm like alot of guys when I say I certainly don't hate him, but he has no place in our lifestyle given his flaky views.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by baltz526
Zumbo Is just a guy that hunts then writes about it. If you have an Issue with the guys past, It is your flaw in thinking. There are lots of different types of Slobs, Some of you are the worst type. Back Biters.

I have an issue with Jane Fonda's past too. If she should take up writing about the outdoors, am I supposed to forget how she betrayed American POWs?

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He equaled the nations service rifle to the terrorist that we are at war with, he was a legend in his own mind before that little tidbit, and he just came out as the big giant douche that he always was. The AR-15 and its variants are very very useful to have around, they make good hunting rifles too.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by baltz526
Zumbo Is just a guy that hunts then writes about it....
A while back he wrote about an elk he shot that went down on its belly in very heavy brush. He said he spent 3 hours just getting turned over so he could gut it. 3 hours? I play them as they lie. I would have got out my saw and cleared some working room, then start boning on the top and work my way down. I would have all the meat off before he even started.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't think he was that bad a guy. I gotta admit that at one time I didn't think I'd be using a black rifle for hunting.

For instance, I've never used my M1 for hunting, only targets / competition.

Today black rifles are very popular for hunting such things as wild hogs.

One family of my cousins all started off with semi-auto 22's. My siblings and I started out with single shots. When we hunted together they would shoot more than 10x more ammo than what we would shoot. But we'd end up with rabbits or squirrels and they didn't.

I could see the philosophy of being against semi-auto's for hunting just based on my started out.

Zumbo seemed to be primarily an elk hunter and used bolt action rifles. I suspect that a great majority of elk hunters use bolt guns.

An AR-15 was only available in 223 at the time and I thought he said that he could see no hunting purpose with black guns.

I didn't recall him saying that black guns were only good for killing people. If he did, shame on him.

Again, at the time I thought of black rifles as target and home defense. The AR-15's I had seen back then were not accurate enough for prairie dogs and not in my opinion powerful enough for deer with the bullets available then.

He should have thought a little before he dissed the black rifles though. Home defense is as valid or more so a reason for having a rifle as hunting, IMO.

One last thing. If you live in the rural west as many of us do, we really don't feel the need for slef protection from humans as much as people in more populated areas.

As far as Jane the bitch Fonda goes, I was in USMC 69-72. You can't imagine what I think of that whore. She should have gone to the electric chair or some other means of capital punishment, IMHO!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,349
Posts18,468,835
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.