Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Had the wife's new washing machine delivered this morning..

They drop it off and take off... so I guess Installation wasn't included or they had to get down to the donut shop for a coffee refill before their next delivery....

Set the thing up, and it is covered in WARNINGS, READ INSTRUCTIONS before use!! Well reading instructions is always a good idea, even if it is just a washing machine..

However, reading those instructions, each page is filled with how this washing machine can kill me in so many ways...."CAN Cause SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH!!" fills each page.. more than once....

So I have to ask.... ARE PEOPLE REALLY THAT STUPID???

OR HAVE WASHING MACHINES GOTTEN THAT DANGEROUS???

Really... how in God's Green Earth, have so many of us survived for so long, surrounded by all the dangers liberals/democrats seem to think we need to be worried about....

I am sure we all know someone who attended a funeral last week, where the pastor mentioned that even tho Shaniquwa or Juanita lived a good life and were constantly living God's commandments in their every day life, their lives were tragically cut short, because they failed to read the instructions on their washing machine......

Danger lurks around every corner.... Be diligent and be aware fellow campfire members... and Remember, Lets be SAFE out there... whistle

The lunatics are running the asylum....

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yes, people are that stupid and some are even stupider! Those warnings are probably there to cut down on law suits by said stupid people, dead of alive.

Last edited by RS308MX; 10/15/14.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Soon, probably in this century, we will be medically immortal. Undoubtedly, the nanny state will here to keep us safe from accidents. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Death by washing machine is no laughing matter. It can happen.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
All it takes is 1 nit-wit and a lawyer�"Nobody told me I couldn't wash the baby on the gentle cycle."

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Like a loaded 3-round sandwich??

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, people really are that stupid and they all have lawyers waiting in line to reap the benefits of their stupidity.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well I can see the need to have the instructions in Spanish, if a washing machine is that dangerous... but where are the instructions in Ebonics??? Where are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Sheila Lee Jackson to preserve and promote the contributions of Afro Americans to this nation, and preserve their physical well being and preventing them from being killed by their washing machine...

maybe the inherited dangers of a Washing Machine, is why we can't trust WASHINGton to protect us all...from ourselves...

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Yes, people really are that stupid and they all have lawyers waiting in line to reap the benefits of their stupidity.

and I am sure everyone of them will be casting their votes for the Democratic Party within the next few weeks...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know a man who was serving on a carrier doing his mess cooking in the ship's laundry. A washing machine acted up while he was removing clean laundry and ripped off his left arm. The reattached it but it has never worked right.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's funny. I helped a guy clear a clog in his washing machine drain a few days ago.

While doing that, I laughed at how he set it up.

Had the power cord zip tied to the drain hose and plugged in three inches directly below the drain opening in the wall. No drip loop. Had installed the outlet himself and was fairly proud of it. Until I pointed out his error.

So yeah, he should have read the directions I guess.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Give it time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see the stupid word used in this thread a whole bunch.

I think I'm fairly smart , testing even bears that out.

I can't figure a way to kill myself with a washing machine , anybody that can must be some kinda genius.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 6mm250

I can't figure a way to kill myself with a washing machine , anybody that can must be some kinda genius.
Mike

grin

I had one of those warning labels on the fancy new air bed. The wife and I have attempted suicide many times over the last three years, to no avail.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some of those warnings make for hilarious reading - until you realize that some dumbchit somewhere did exactly what is described and sued the company because of it.

"Do not iron clothes while wearing them."

"Do not aim weed burner at face or body"

"Do not climb into washer/dryer during operation"

"Do not feed meat into grinder with fingers"

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Been thinking of using the push mower to trim the hedges that i don't have yet. grin

It happened and i think that they have to have someone feed them.

They need to do the world a favor and remove all of those labels from everything,thin the herd so to speak.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ever wonder why it says "Do Not Eat" on the bottom of a claymore mine?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F
I know a man who was serving on a carrier doing his mess cooking in the ship's laundry. A washing machine acted up while he was removing clean laundry and ripped off his left arm. The reattached it but it has never worked right.

his arm or the washing machine?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Stupidity in this country could be greatly reduced simply by removing the warning labels. Just sayin'......

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In one old factory I worked in, there was a large roll up door between departments, allowing for forklift traffic. Hanging from the ceiling was a wire, that had been rigged up at some point in the past to the door switch. The driver could just drive up, reach up, pull on the wire, and the door would open or close without him having to get out.

One day the forklift driver, a pleasant old fellow named Al, drives up, pulls on the wire, and it shocks him. Apparently some malfunction in the switch caused it. He sat there startled for a while, then cautiously reached up with his other hand, and surprise! It shocks him again! Then he decided he best tell his boss.

His supervisor was crying when he told me the story. Neither of us could talk for a couple of minutes, we were laughing so hard. grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1moredeer, 1minute, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,103
Posts18,464,194
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.