Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
well, Archery bear #24 is in the books now!

Shot at 18 yards with a Slick Trick (Viper Trick version). At the shot he reared up on hind legs and fell backward. From this reaction I actually thought he was done right there. The impact sound was solid. However he did manage to regain his feet and slowly wander off with the audible struggling sounds of imminent death. He made it just at 35 yards. Arrow stuck into the ground right below him as I was shooting from a tree stand 16 feet above the ground.
[Linked Image]
The Viper trick zipped through him with ease and again made holes far bigger then the size of the blades. The blood trail was significant the results were never in question while following it. Even with the 2 plus inches of fat and the thick underfur, the blood flow was impressive.

[Linked Image]

Entry hole

[Linked Image]

Exit hole,
Interesting that the Viper tricks main blades make the elongated hole where the standard and magnums make an equal nearly square hole with all four blades the same size.

Finally, hunting photo's always look better with a pretty girl. Especially when it's your best friend and hunting parter too!
[Linked Image]

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice!! 2 chocolate colored black bears in one season, we don't see many of them up here. Congrats to you and your wife JJ!!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
its the same bear, she just wanted a photo with it. The one she shot is in another thread here. It was actually black. She used a 30/06, her first bear!

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJHACK
its the same bear, she just wanted a photo with it. The one she shot is in another thread here. It was actually black. She used a 30/06, her first bear!

I guess I should have looked at the background a bit better, I would have noticed it was the same bear. blush

Regardless, congrats to you both for tagging a couple of nice bears.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Cool beans Jim! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice work JJ!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Congrads on a very nice bear!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nice bear JJ , I love Slick Tricks .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started to use the Slick Trick Viper Tricks this year. My son shot a whitetail doe with one. They seem to be the best of all worlds. JJHACK, do you have any other comments concerning those heads? I know you do a lot of testing and hunting!

That bear is gorgeous! We don't have Blacks that color around here.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Friggin' awesome! grin

IC B3

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys. Although I have never met most of you in person. I feel that you're my friends. It's always fun to share success with your friends.

It's incredibly enjoyable to me to read the posts of folks preparing for their archery hunt here. We are able to start from the beginning for many guys and see how they make progress, equipment choices and that we actually help with the choices we all make!

My life revolves around hunting. My family shares in this passion the whole way. It's not an option or a free time activity. From Sept til success or end of season it's a daily planning and scheduling process.

You guys have brought a lot of satisfaction to this. This crazy internet web page activity is so great when you can meet so many people around the country and the world. We all share in this Bow hunting passion and truly enjoy the success of one another.

Thanks again for the posts!

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sakoluvr

I'll begin a new thread on this

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (338reddog, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 19 invisible), 1,740 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.