Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
is a broasted chicken from Sam's. Wal-Mart has the same thing but I avoid Wal-Mart like I avoid ebola.

They sell a plump broasted chicken for $4.98, plus tax, and one person can eat off one for several days. I've had three sandwiches off mine just today and have only eaten the drumsticks and thighs.

It is delicious!

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MColeman
is a broasted chicken from Sam's. Wal-Mart has the same thing but I avoid Wal-Mart like I avoid ebola.

They sell a plump broasted chicken for $4.98, plus tax, and one person can eat off one for several days. I've had three sandwiches off mine just today and have only eaten the drumsticks and thighs.

It is delicious!

Yes, it's a great deal.
Throw a couple cops of rice in the rice cooker and you have a meal.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 10/15/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
good eats there. Maw's gonna pick up one tomorrow.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I do it at least one a week at work. Usually I can eat half of one and eat the other have the following day. In a time of $8 fast food lunches, it's a great deal IMO. The dam things taste great too.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds to me like you need to hear a sermon on the sin of gluttony. smile They are a terrific bargain. Being alone I can eat off one 3-4 days if I can just keep Rags, Tucker, Sebastian, Molly, Abby, Sugar, Abby2, Brodie, Pickles, Shiloh, Lovie, Kippie and Patches away from the table.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes they are a good deal Mickey and twice the size of the pigeons they sell here in town..

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sounds to me like you need to hear a sermon on the sin of gluttony. smile They are a terrific bargain. Being alone I can eat off one 3-4 days if I can just keep Rags, Tucker, Sebastian, Molly, Abby, Sugar, Abby2, Brodie, Pickles, Shiloh, Lovie, Kippie and Patches away from the table.

I'm guessing I'm a little younger, and probably burn a few more calories daily than you Mickey. But thanks for throwing that first stone. wink

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We always get at least three meals off one. Dinner one night sammiches the next, and a pot of soup off the carcass. I'm not a huge wing and drumstick guy, but the wife and daughter won't eat em, so I get to them before we make soup, we get 4 meals out of one chicken.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by eh76
Yes they are a good deal Mickey and twice the size of the pigeons they sell here in town..

Plus, you don't get steroids, antibiotics and growth hormones in the pigeons, not to mention the toxins from insecticide chemicals sprayed on the grain raised for chicken feed.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/15/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
They use really nice big chickens too. Add a baked potato and a nice salad and you're really living high.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
But stay away from those huge chocolate cakes. Don't say I didn't warn you.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Good thing too.

Doubt they are sourced from the same vendor...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
But stay away from those huge chocolate cakes. Don't say I didn't warn you.

And the fu$^&*n pumpkin pie. I think those things eat me.
My Costco had the rotisserie chicken deboned and packed. It turned out to be the same price as the whole chicken and the same net weight. We use it for sammiches, add it to soups, enchiladas and salads.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
try to buy a raw chicken of that size and get it at the same price........start the veggies in water and dump the already cooked chicken in the pot......chicken soup, for 3 days and 10 bucks.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi

I'm guessing I'm a little younger, and probably burn a few more calories daily than you Mickey. But thanks for throwing that first stone. wink

Not throwing stones---just an observation....all in fun. laugh I've tried to get you a snake skin but have only killed one rattler this year and he was shot up pretty badly. I haven't forgotten you, though.

No doubt you're younger. I remember when kudzu was less than a foot long.

Last edited by MColeman; 10/15/14.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bubbajay
try to buy a raw chicken of that size and get it at the same price........start the veggies in water and dump the already cooked chicken in the pot......chicken soup, for 3 days and 10 bucks.

Yeah, you can't buy a raw chicken for that price- unless it's starting to get a little rank, but rank does increase the flavor. smile

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I remember when kudzu was less than a foot long.

Not me. That chit grows like a sumbitch. Kilt my first dirt bike riding kudzu hills.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Pardon did you say alone? Sounds to me like you have a full house. I do know your problem my three are masters of the give me some look. As to the chicken we have a super market that has the same deal great eats at a bargain price.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The two of us can normally eat twice, and then we boil the carcass to make a pot of soup

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We get the Costco ones at home. Myself, wife and 3 kids eat 2-3 meals off one. Some salad, rice or fries and it's a good meal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,105
Posts18,464,217
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.