-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife and I pick one up about every other week. We get about 4 meals off of a chicken.

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by bubbajay
try to buy a raw chicken of that size and get it at the same price........start the veggies in water and dump the already cooked chicken in the pot......chicken soup, for 3 days and 10 bucks.

Yeah, you can't buy a raw chicken for that price- unless it's starting to get a little rank, but rank does increase the flavor. smile

Always wondered what chicken the stores used when they sold them as roasted. The freshest or the ones nearing time to toss?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
at Walmart, the chickens that are used in the rotiseree come specifically for that. they don't use the ones that are just out there for sale to the public.
don't know about Sam's, I avoid them like the plague. lol.

the only reason i don't avoid walmart like the plague anymore is that every 2 weeks they deposit money into my checking account..... if I hang out there 3-4 days a week.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
try to buy a raw chicken of that size and get it at the same price........start the veggies in water and dump the already cooked chicken in the pot......chicken soup, for 3 days and 10 bucks.

Yeah, you can't buy a raw chicken for that price- unless it's starting to get a little rank, but rank does increase the flavor. smile

Always wondered what chicken the stores used when they sold them as roasted. The freshest or the ones nearing time to toss?

Ed, I woulda been a lot happier if you'd not posted on this :thread. sick

Last edited by MColeman; 10/16/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
the refrigerate, not frozen pizza that they sell is one heck of a bargain as well.

Sam......

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the refrigerate, not frozen pizza that they sell is one heck of a bargain as well.

Yes it is. As far as store bought ready to cook pizza they're the best tasting I've tried.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
WTF is up with BUTTER? The stuff is about $5 a pound now?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We get them at Costco, too. If you live in an area that has Winco stores, they also sell them. They're good eating at a reasonable price.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
WTF is up with BUTTER? The stuff is about $5 a pound now?

Freaking pound of deli ham was 12 bucks yesterday!! No ickey cold cut shuffle for me.

Those chickens are good though!!! Costco uses them in their chicken noodle soup, chicken salad and chicken pot pies.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sam's Club here has their bakery right next to where they have these roasted chickens, and have a great flat bread (rosemary and garlic) in the same area, this, the chickens, and swing over to the cold deli area for a tub of their potato salad, makes for a quick and pretty darn good meal.

Phil

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MColeman
is a broasted chicken from Sam's. Wal-Mart has the same thing but I avoid Wal-Mart like I avoid ebola.

They sell a plump broasted chicken for $4.98, plus tax, and one person can eat off one for several days. I've had three sandwiches off mine just today and have only eaten the drumsticks and thighs.

It is delicious!

What is the difference between WalMart and Sam's?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

β€œIn Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
is a broasted chicken from Sam's. Wal-Mart has the same thing but I avoid Wal-Mart like I avoid ebola.

They sell a plump broasted chicken for $4.98, plus tax, and one person can eat off one for several days. I've had three sandwiches off mine just today and have only eaten the drumsticks and thighs.

It is delicious!

The people!!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been getting those pre-cooked chickens at Costco also!

What a Great deal! $4.99 for several meals, then soup.

Can't think of many ways to eat cheaper.
I can cook one that tastes a little better on my Treager, but not THAT much better, considering the time spent.
And, it will cost more.

Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

It is delicious!

The people!!!

That's pretty much it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definately a good deal, but I think they're closer to $7 up here. Feeds a family of 5 for a meal, through the bones in a pot for a nice soup the following day. One of our grocery stores, Fred Meyers sells them as well and if you go in after 8pm they sell the ones that have under the heat lamp all day for 1/2 off.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A little tip that y'all may or may not know. The Costco and Sam's chicken's have an orange time stamp on them. Buy the ones with the latest time stamp.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the greatest bargain in food is Macaroni and Cheese

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM

Ed, I woulda been a lot happier if you'd not posted on this :thread. sick

Sorry Mickey but I am a picky little chitt when it comes to chicken due to a bad episode many years ago.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm with you. I'm VERY funny about chicken.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sams makes um fresh every couple hours. One night right before closing they had a bunch left,I asked the meat guy what do you do with them...throw them away
You could hang by the dumpster at 8:30 pm and eat for free

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.