Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by goalie

I think Doc should just do all of his med administration, assessments, and cares without the aid of nursing if he gets any Ebola patients where he works.

goalie, don't think I haven't done (and still do) a helluva lot of that stuff myself. Part of the reason I left big city hospital practice to work in the sticks was so I could feel like part of a team again... and me and my nurses and techs ARE a team. We all get our gloves dirty.

Like I said in the post you objected to, I meant no disrespect to the nursing profession in general, but the nurse in question here did something MOST nurses I know would NEVER do. (You should see how badly this nurse is being excoriated by other nurses on internet forums right now!)

I apologize if my earlier post was taken as a slam against nurses in general, it was not intended as such. It could just as easily been an unprofessional doctor who committed this gross error, I know enough MD's who couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
meanwhile - at DFW,( if you don't see it right away, keep looking)

[Linked Image]

Guy with the clipboard and no suit is obviously a Mason...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't care WHAT CDC told they nurse, they are stupid and WHY does she need to hear from them what she obviously already knew?

It's no different than the World Trade Center. A plane fly into one tower and they announced in the other tower that everything is ok. [bleep] you, I'm out of there.

She KNEW something wasn't right, if she didn't she wouldn't have called CDC.

CDC and the nurse were BOTH wrong.

Agree but Doc R put all the blame on the nurse.

You can't have it both ways. If she is just an ignorant bedpan emptier, then why the hell shouldn't she listen to what the CDC tells her to do?

I think Doc should just do all of his med administration, assessments, and cares without the aid of nursing if he gets any Ebola patients where he works.

Sure you can.

WTF did she call the CDC if she didn't already have a concern?

PEOPLE are ultimately responsible for THEIR actions, not a person at the switchboard. Again, the INDIVIDUAL is ultimately responsible.

'I was just following orders' is a BULLSHEIT excuse. Always has been, always will be.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I honestly thought someone had photoshopped Obama into the picture.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fault? Arguing over fault at this point is like the passengers and crew of the Titanic arguing who was at fault for not seeing or avoiding the iceberg about 20 minutes after impact.

Let the survivors worry about fault later.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
holy [bleep]

--------------
The 3-day window of Sept. 28-30 is now being targeted by investigators for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as the key time during which health care workers may have been exposed to the deadly virus by Duncan, who died Oct. 8 from the disease.

Duncan was suspected of having Ebola when he was admitted to a hospital isolation unit Sept. 28, and he developed projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea later that day, according to medical records his family turned over to The Associated Press.

But workers at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas did not abandon their gowns and scrubs for hazmat suits until tests came back positive for Ebola about 2 p.m. on Sept. 30, according to details of the records released by AP.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
People are responsible for their own actions but up until the last few days the CDC and the media made this thing out to be something that only semi-literate witch doctors in Africa had to worry about and that pretty much the standard protocols used for treating almost any patient over here would work.

A lot of arrogance without much knowledge of what has actually been happening in Africa.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Asking the CDC for personal health advice, as this nurse did, is like calling the North Pole and expecting to talk to Santa.

You don't think the CDC gave the caregivers a special number to call?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
meanwhile - at DFW,( if you don't see it right away, keep looking)

[Linked Image]

Guy with the clipboard and no suit is obviously a Mason...

Don't worry, he ate his Cheerios this morning. Good to go.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Asking the CDC for personal health advice, as this nurse did, is like calling the North Pole and expecting to talk to Santa.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end it turns out that one of the main honchos okayed her request.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is the nurse hot?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by curdog4570
With all due respect, Doc, in response to the "lack of funding" issues you mention, when part of the funds they DID get were spent promoting an anti gun agenda, I ain't at all hossin' to give 'em more.

I'm not keen on the CDC's politicized role in the gun control debate, but keep in mind that that was/is a tiny part of what CDC really does.

CDC's underfunding goes back to the 80's. Example: They desperately needed to build new state-of-the-art viral studies lab buildings at the BL-3 and BL-4 levels back in the late 80's, and Congress gave them $90 million toward that (about half of waht was needed). Before CDC could use that money as intended, Congress took half of that money away for "budget cuts".

It hasn't got any better since then, as far as I can ascertain.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

I have no idea if they did or didn't, but I suspect they had/have other priorities and expected the people at Presbyterian and at Dallas Health Dept to handle those sorts of questions.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end it turns out that one of the main honchos okayed her request.

I would be VERY surprised if that were the case.

A couple of things that were readily apparent in previous Ebola outbreaks, and have been active in west Africa during the current outbreak:

1) Media frenzy provides a lot of misinformation to the public and creates local panics.
2) Conspiracy theorists accuse their own governments/authorities of deliberatley causing the epidemic.
3) Families and friends of Ebola victims accuse the healthcare workers actually treating sick people of deliberately killing their loved ones.

There's a lot of paranoia going on here.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
holy [bleep]

--------------
The 3-day window of Sept. 28-30 is now being targeted by investigators for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as the key time during which health care workers may have been exposed to the deadly virus by Duncan, who died Oct. 8 from the disease.

Duncan was suspected of having Ebola when he was admitted to a hospital isolation unit Sept. 28, and he developed projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea later that day, according to medical records his family turned over to The Associated Press.

But workers at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas did not abandon their gowns and scrubs for hazmat suits until tests came back positive for Ebola about 2 p.m. on Sept. 30, according to details of the records released by AP.

Clearly a "disaster", I suspect we will see close to a dozen health care workers involved in the initial case infected with ebola.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Have you met many people in the healthcare profession?

Ever meet SES level of government employees?

There's your answer.

Travis

I have to agree with Trav on this one. eek crazy

Most of the "health care professionals" I know are neither "professional" nor all that intelligent. I mean no disrespect to nurses who I know and trust to behave responsibly and professionally, but this Dallas-Ohio nurse's idiotic and irresponsible travel behavior was about what I'd expect for the average RN.

You can't blame the CDC for this mess. The nurse knew she was sick. She knew she'd been exposed to Ebola. If she had a shred of sense and real education (most nurses have very little real medical science education) she would have taken personal responsibility for this and would not have gone out in public.

The key to defeating this outbreak is application of sound public health procedures and and acceptance of personal responsibility by every member of the public, including (perhaps especially) healthcare workers.

No Doc, we most certainly can blame the CDC for this. The "minimum requirements" for PPE that they put out are absolutely foolish.

We can blame the hospital for allowing the care givers involved to leave the hospital and not quarantine them for 30 days

Last edited by gitem_12; 10/16/14.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Is the nurse hot?

Travis
Well, she initially had a fever of 99.5 degrees when she traveled to Ohio and then she got sicker, so one can assume it went up from there. So to answer your question, she was hot and then got hotter.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not confirmed, but supposedly there are a husband and wife in isolation in Midland showing Ebola-like symptoms, that were in the ER in Dallas at Presbyterian the same time as Duncan.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
Not confirmed, but supposedly there are a husband and wife in isolation in Midland showing Ebola-like symptoms, that were in the ER in Dallas at Presbyterian the same time as Duncan.

Cripes...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
False Alarm..."Two People Tested Negative For Ebola at Midland Memorial Hospital"

http://www.newswest9.com/story/2679...e-for-ebola-at-midland-memorial-hospital

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,037 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.