Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#9259362 10/16/14
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Had a buddy take a stand on the game. What do you think?

I don't post a lot of "opinions" here.... But I couldn't let this one go as I try to get excited for #2 Florida St vs #5 Notre Dame on Saturday night. Thanks to the Winston drama we're not talking about or listening to football. Instead we hear about sexual misconduct, stealing from grocery stores and potentially taking $$ for memorabilia which by the way I think college athletes deserve if they get it. But rules are rules. Both of these quaterbacks, #5's have had their issues but which would you prefer? The one that owned up to his mistake, continued to gain college credit, applied for reinstatement at Notre Dame when he had countless offers to transfer, went to football camp while he sacrificed a year of football eligibility AND asked each player on the Irish for forgiveness and their blessing to rejoin the TEAM. OR the #5 that's put himself before his football team, education, his baseball team, his "university"(if we can still call it that) and the rules. Yes FSU fans, so far he's been found innocent more often than not, but c'mon, where there's smoke there's fire. Everett Golson and Notre Dame have already won Saturday night, despite what the scoreboard says Sunday morning.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree, but I am a very devout wink fan of Notre Dame football. I hope the scoreboard reflects the choices each have made, but I'm not confident that it will...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't stand the Whinin'Irish and their own little cult (which has included the NotredameBroadcastingCompany). I have never rooted for them and I never will.

That said, I won't be upset at all of Florida State loses this weekend. ND can lose later (and should).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
They are not the #2 and #5 teams in the country even though the polls say they are.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
One of those times when I wish both teams could lose.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

So true.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A classic catholics vs. convicts matchup.

I hate both programs, but for different reasons. I am rooting for the Irish on this one. I agree w/ 4ager on this one - the Irish can lose later . . .

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If nothing else, you can hear bag pipes in South Bend, while enjoying a Killian's and a rueben (that's a sammich, by the way)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
If nothing else, you can hear bag pipes in South Bend, while enjoying a Killian's and a rueben (that's a sammich, by the way)

Killian's is not a beer, however.

In Tallahassee, you can hear jungle music, while enjoying a fo'tay of malt liquor and a chicken leg (that's a snack, by the way).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
A classic catholics vs. convicts matchup.

All those Notre Dame players are catholic. Right. smirk

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I despise FSU, I can't have much love for ND either & it's gotten worse with the little prick Kelley there, & they sure as hell are not the 5th best team in the country.

Reality will likely set in on the scoreboard for ND as they will lose handily.

unless there is divine intervention by the officials..........

MM

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Catholics vs convicts?

Who's who?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I can't stand FSU, and have hated ND all my life. FSU will beat the living piss out of the domers. It'll be over by halftime.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Has ND ever been under rated?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

^^^This!^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I'm Jimmy Crack Corn on this one.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
for me, it's one of those games I wish both teams could lose.

Sam......

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
for me, it's one of those games I wish both teams could lose.

Same here. It's hard to dislike one over the other.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 16penny, 31 invisible), 1,782 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,575
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.