24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really dating my self here, but from my younger years, it was Boston and Bruce Springsteen. After that Alabama, and now my tastes run to the likes of TobyMac and Casting Crowns.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
BP-B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Steppenwolf's last concert at the Clearfield County fairgrounds when John Kay announced his retirement.

The crowd went wild and he delivered 110%.

It was a Bike run for us and I believe I fell down a few times. grin
I saw Steppenwolf back in 1982, good show

Heck so many good ones
1981 Rolling Stones with Van Halen opening in Orlando at Tangerine Bowl

ZZ top 3 times one of the 1st bands to use lasers

Ramones up close at a small club was great also

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I grew up in Chicago so that was the thing to do on the weekend
saw most everyone late 70 and 80s
Tickets were 20bucks and you had to get a T shirt (If you didn't you didn't go)

Have seen may great shows NOTHING compares to the Eric Clapton Cross Roads festivals
I was at # 2 and #3 The first one was with my Daughter Samantha got in and 9AM left a bit after midnight it was way too short
Second was with Sam Peggy and a few friends it was also great
If someone likes guitar music buy the DVDs you will be glad you did

Currently if you get a chance see Kid Rock its quite a "show" he really makes you have a good time and the MILF get pretty excited and dialed in. Some are hot some are scary. I have seen many shows few like Kidd

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hank Williams Jr in In Tupelo Ms. Because my sons band opened for him..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
1.) Dwight Yoakam in 1990. He came to play that night. He walked onstage with a bottle, took a swallow, set it on the amp and repeated that throughout the night. He never got sloppy but was definitely in the mood to party. He played until someone from the venue walked onstage and told them they had to shut it down. They even played most of the album that was released later that year.

2.) Waylon in the late 80's. He said "they tell me I've played here before but this is the first time that I'll remember"

3.) Rush, multiple times.

Hopefully I'll get to add a G3 concert.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Stevie Ray's last two concerts.
His last song with his brother Jimmie,Clapton,Robert Cray, and Buddy Guy was.....no good words.

I saw Clapton 3 days after the crash. Mark Knopfler sat in.
EC played a little over 3 hours and never left the stage. When the band took their break, he stayed on stage playing SRV solos with tears running down his face. Goose bumps still...

Tom Petty played homecoming the year I graduated UA. Probably not one of the best shows I've ever seen, but it sure was fun! Admission was $12.

Went to see Delfayo Marsalis in New Orleans. His brother Wynton showed up and they jammed for hours. We were sitting at a table 20 feet away and when they took a break Wynton came and sat with us, took pictures, signed autographs and let me blow a couple notes on his trumpet. Cool Stuff. Admission was $4 with a college i.d.

Oh yeah, Pink Floyd at Georgia Tech in '94

Last edited by Bama_Rick; 10/17/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
November 1987 Motley Crue, Girls Girls Girls Tour with Guns-n-Roses opening.
No one had heard of Guns-n-Roses but we left very impressed and went and bought Appetite for Destruction. That January they skyrocketed with Welcome to the Jungle video.

Last edited by TN deer hunter; 10/17/14.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stones 1966
Steve Miller 1969
Cream with Steppenwolf opening 1969
John Myall 1969
Paul Butterfield 1969
Eagles 1974
Jeff Healey 1989
Buddy Guy, BB King & Koko Taylor 1994
Robert Cray 1994

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rock festival in Denver in 69 (if I remember right) three days of music and fun. Three days had 20 or so bands each I remember Creedence, Jimi H, Zappa, some gospel group, Canned Heat, Johnny Winter, 3 Dog NIght and a little 5' chick from Boulder that simply outclassed Janis J in all ways, wish I had a recording of her St James Infirmery, Candy Givens was a real talent but OD'd a year and half later.

The old football stadium was the venue had your usually himmies, biker gangs, suburban kids and adults. LEOs were fighting semi rioters in the lots trying to get in, brought out their new "fogging teargas machine" and promptly gassed everyone BUT the crowd outside.

Last set was Iron Butterfly, the stage down on the field and someone tripped the sprinklers. That shut down the electrics on stage but the drummer went on with additions to his solo on Inna Godda Devita.

:Pretty heavy experience for a 15 yo kid. 45 years later wish my memoriy was a bit better as to all who played.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by MColeman
Never been to a concert of any kind in my entire life. Not even country music. For some reason I don't feel deprived. smile

'cuz it that darn chicken.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Really dating my self here, but from my younger years, it was Boston and Bruce Springsteen. After that Alabama, and now my tastes run to the likes of TobyMac and Casting Crowns.

Trust me, you are not dating yourself...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Caught some great shows at the Budokan in Tokyo while we were homeported in Yokosuka in the early 70's with some shipmates. Ten Years After and Jethro Tull standout. Alvin Lee could flat out play the guitar.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Same same in the NorCal Bay Area. We did not go to the movies, we went to the concerts.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Charley Daniels opening for Lynyrd Skykyrd.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Doobie Brothers with REO Speedwagon opening. This was 1974, when REO was a real rock band and not doing their teen girl crap. The Doobies closed with smoke and pyro that blew almost every hippie's mind. This was cutting edge then and the music was fantastic.

I didn't want to go to the Blue Man Group a few years ago, but my wif dragged me there. If you ever get a chance to see the Blue Man Group, do it. They are better than anything out there...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Eaqles 2013 Birmingham Spent $375 each on tickets and it was worth it. Joe Walsh is an alien. No human has enough hands to play guitar like that.

Alison Krauss and Union Station: Twice here in Huntsville. Absolutely pure voice and a band where every member could be a front man somewhere else.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Didn't make Woodstock, but a few years later was at a 4 day event in Speyer, Germany along the Rhine river in September, 71 with the British Rock-Fest, pretty much had all the bands of the times, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Fleetwood Mac, Fairport Convention, Stone the Crowes, Rod Stewart, and

Phil

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
ozzy and metallica, master of puppets tour
ozzy, alice in chains, sepultura
queensryche however its spelled
Pantera
megadeath, over kill and slayer ( my band opened at the eagle auditorium 1995)
Volbeat last sunday.

I have seen kiss to many times to remember but the reunion tour was the last time I has seen them. I loved them as a kid and a teen but wouldn't walk across the road to watch them for free now.

I have seen way more concerts but many sucked Guns n roses sucked all three times I seen them and skid row was horrable. I never liked that glad crap anyways.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've been to a bunch but the Dead shows were the best, and I don't even mean the actual show.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
AC/DC at the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Mississippi

Van Halen at the BJCC in Birmingham in 1984. Eddie Van Halen could do things on a guitar that seemed inhuman.

Journey on their Frontiers tour.

Aerosmith at the BJCC

ZZ Top saw them 3 times. Great every time.

November 1987 Motley Crue, Girls Girls Girls Tour with Guns-n-Roses opening.
No one had heard of Guns-n-Roses but we left very impressed and went and bought Appetite for Destruction. That January they skyrocketed with Welcome to the Jungle video.

Cool. I went to a Ozzy Osboure concert back in 1984 and saw a then not widely known opening band called Motley Crue. LOL!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 55 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.