24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Way back in 2013 a Kodiak girl was arrested by troopers and the video went viral and there was a long thread about it here.

I see there was a major change in the case. All charges have been dropped against the girl and she is suing both troopers.

Original video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MeI3A5F32k

I am not interested in cop bashing, but it does seem the troopers were very out of line from the beginning.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cops really don't act like this?
They have to show their authority someway.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup, I remember that. Big pay check coming from Alaska taxpayers.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tough job dealing with azzholes and criminals and stupid people for most of your day.

gotta cloud your thinking

but what I saw there sure didn't look good for the troopers, she may have brushed or bumped him as she was going to close the door, but the response seemed over the top.

mouthy lil gal, but guess it's part of the job description, doesn't mean you get to slam em to the floor for it

sucks to be us, how much is that gonna take outa my PFD??? (grin)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
well she didn't have matching socks, isn't that good enough for reasonable suspicion.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Art, it ain't 'cop bashing' when it's just the plain truth. ya know?

Last edited by Mannlicher; 10/17/14.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree. Not all cops are bad people, but from what's presented here these cops need some prison time.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RyeDaddy
I agree. Not all cops are bad people, but from what's presented here these cops need some prison time.

Agreed. I saw no reason for them to slam her down to the ground like they did and cuff her without telling her why.

All the Ak ST's i've run into have all been polite and professional, nothing like the dickheads in this video.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I just looked at Courtview again and see the charges were only dismissed on the 7th of this month, 19 months after the incident... But immediately after they replaced the judge in the civil suit.

There was a tremendous amount of garbage in court for the whole time with lots of court time, attorney fees, and jacking the girl around... The more I look at it the more I believe the troopers should be in serious hurt and should not get to wear the uniform again.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably get suspended for a couple of weeks with pay.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RyeDaddy

Yes they do. A few months with the general population should adjust their attitude.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Probably get suspended for a couple of weeks with pay.

A paid vacation somehow does not seem appropriate.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why were they questioning her?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It seems they were doing a wellness check on someone after it was called in. They were invited in but saw the pot plant and wanted to be difficult about it. At one point you can hear Mitchell accusing her of having drug abuse problems. From those that know her that is not true. She has no record beyond minor traffic stuff and now this, which will remain on her record.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
It seems they were doing a wellness check on someone after it was called in. They were invited in but saw the pot plant and wanted to be difficult about it. At one point you can hear Mitchell accusing her of having drug abuse problems. From those that know her that is not true. She has no record beyond minor traffic stuff and now this, which will remain on her record.

That's because cops can be some judgmental pricks.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It would appear Mitchell is just as described...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No surprise that justice plays this way in this case; perhaps a bit of a surprise that it finally happened though. I thought those AST were clearly in the wrong based only on what the video portrays right from the start. It's a shame that real issues get sidelined for attempts through conjure.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I find it disgusting it took 19 months to drop the charges. IMO that stalling will cost the State a lot...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
352 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 37 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.