Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Eric Clapton.... The guy can play the guitar but SUCKs as being a performer. He introduced his band, played, said he wrote one song for his son and said goodnight.... 0 other interaction with the crowd... acted like he could not care less if the crowd was there

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Kenny Rogers, not near a sell out crowd, half the seats were empty, he sang a few songs, left and never came back on stage.
Second worse was Willie Nelson just this past summer, can't sing anymore, mostly just talks the songs, then starts banging on his guitar making loud music, sounded like he wanted to be Ted Nugent or something.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Ozzy Osbourne, he just stood there like a zombie the whole time, I'm not sure he even moved a step the whole concert.

What tour was that?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Jefferson Airplane.
Grace Slick yelled to the people
in the cheap seats to come down in front.
She said why should the people who spent more money on better seats get a better view of the show?

Why did I pay more to sit behind the
[bleep] who moved up?

Somebody puked on the floor right behind me.
Nice!

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny as one of the worst concerts was also one of the best I went to.

The main act was Stu Hamm, Joe Satriani's bass player. Nothing against bass players, but a bass player as a main act just doesn't cut it. Don't recall who his guitarist was, but the guy had the technical chops but absolutely 0 musicality and played with 0 emotion.

The reason it was the best is Steve Morris opened, and he is both an amazing guitarist and a great performer. I suppose he was just too hard of an act to follow.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Around 1979 The possum!!!!!George Jones......He was so drunk they had to prop him up. He could not remember the words, They had garbage cans full of beer on ice on the stage.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They were all good.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back when I was dating my wife-to-be (would have been '76 or so), the teachers' group was all excited becauase The Original Stink Pots were going to be appearing down the Cultural and Sports Center of the Midwest. Wanting to be considerate and all, I agreed to go. Naturally, the w-t-b got sick the day of the big event, so I wound up going when I never really wanted to in the first place. Unfortunately, the performance was exactly what I expected it to be.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Greatful dead.. Female friend was a big fan and convinced me to go to a show at the Oakland coliseum. Not hatin on the band as I never was a fan of their music but man that was a snooze fest x100!!

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
aerosmith in late 70's in pittsburgh. could barely tell what songs they were playing. rush around the same time was 2nd worst. one pretentious guitar "solo" after another by geddi lee. if you can call hitting and holding 1 note for 30 seconds at a time a solo. i fell asleep and i was not even f'd up. hated both bands since.

btw, i'm heading to see robin trower in about an hour at a small theater near me. taking my twin 17 year old boys. we are in row C, as in A, B and then us. we see him every time he comes. now theres a show.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
aerosmith in late 70's in pittsburgh. could barely tell what songs they were playing. rush around the same time was 2nd worst. one pretentious guitar "solo" after another by geddi lee. if you can call hitting and holding 1 note for 30 seconds at a time a solo. i fell asleep and i was not even f'd up. hated both bands since.

btw, i'm heading to see robin trower in about an hour at a small theater near me. taking my twin 17 year old boys. we are in row C, as in A, B and then us. we see him every time he comes. now theres a show.

Don't you mean Alex Lifeson?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eddie Money

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Severn Elementary School, 4th grade band and chorus, Christmas concert, 2012.

It was like sticking knitting needles in my ears.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Oklahoma about 1983. She cut a car in two with a chainsaw. They opened up for KISS. KISS was alright then.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Went to see the Allman Bros. at Savannah Civic Center in the fall OF '80. Greg wadded up a jacket and used it for a pillow, put his head down on the piano and went to sleep. He then woke up and puked a little on the keyboards. Best show was John Prine, Jimmy Buffet and Steve Goodman(not real long before he died) at the Merriweather-Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland also in the early Eighties.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bob Marley's last in the Bay Area. Had nothing to do with his performance though.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Johnny Rodriguez. Boring as all get out. And just an observation, he's surprisingly small.

Kelly
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 700LH
The Marshall Tucker Band by far the worst I ever saw, about half the audience walked out.

They were with Charlie Daniels at Walla Walla labor day. They sucked. Charlie was great.

Back in the 70s George Jones was a no-show in Spokane. Heard later he made a stop in Ellensburg at some bar and did an impromptu concert for nothing for the patrons.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I mentioned BOA as one of my faves and that was Black Oak Arkansas, with ole Jim Dandy as the lead vocalist

I'm not at the end of the earth here in da Banks, but you can see it from my porch.

when some of the bands of former renown come here I've often remarked "wow I had no idea they'd fallen on such hard times"

but we get some decent gigs too, should have included Creed and opening act Theory of a Deadman as a fave as my wife and boys were with me and both bands gave a great show, but I still think TOAD stole the show

but BOA was worst too, they played at a bar we used to have here called the Sunset Strip.

Jim Dandy used to wear yellow tights and no shirt back in the day when he was 20 something, well he still was wearing the same getup 20 some odd years later, except with a giant beer gut hanging over those tights! It was pathetic and so was the music, they sucked.

guess the moral of the story is: hard to act like you did when you were 20 and it still seem cool some 20-25 years later

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Took the wife to see poison back in the day. I hate glam hairband homo music. They couldn't have sucked more. Tesela opened and were very good. Guns and roses sucked every time I saw them. Axle is a azzhole and slash puked on stage. What a bunch of tards.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 1,193 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.