My usual trip with the other grandpa, brother, and a couple nephews to the general area. Rained like Noah going up Friday, left later than I should have.. Grandpa 2 had a big smoky fire going most of the time. Someone stole my Coleman Black Cat heater from the extras box stored in a tent, don't know of anything else missing yet. Battery run heaters are neat until the battery goes down. Tent campers need a bit more counter space (at least mine does). This was the shakedown trip. 8 foot trailers with a reersed axle will go any place I have any business going. Dear brother and nephew saw elk while driving, so managed to slam the truck door from habit alerting them. Saturday was mild and windy, Sunday had blowing hard snow. I saw the shadow of a cow walking through the blizzard, but a clump of trees intervened. Monday was better, Tuesday, some old acquaintances from there came by with a "small cow". We are mostly old (60 to 75) and don't hunt that hard. Grouse are getting smarter. I ended up with one hare. I despise whoever travels 30 miles of dirt road to loot a camp; used to be we could leave even guns out. We did meet a pleasant 3 men from Georgia, traded some tales, and steaks and Brunswick stew. Already naturally, next year is in the planning. Right now I am almost tired of mud and smudge fires.