Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
For me it's coleman stoves and lanterns, vintage usa cast iron, vintage USA knifes with a few german, 50s toasters, coffee pots, old Disston saws. That's just my garage stuff.

I didn't really mean to collect them but they are things I use and if I see one for a couple bucks I can't resist.

Cleaning the garage I had this stuff scattered everywhere, including the old trailer I unloaded after getting another one.

When I organized it... HOLY Crap!

What do you collect intentionally or unintentionally?

Kent

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nothing but heads and horns off critters I shot.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by ingwe
Nothing but heads and horns off critters I shot.

Unfortunate to say, I didn't keep any of my horns and stuff till later in life. The folks I grew up with just chucked the heads out by the corrals and the dogs dragged them off to chew on... I remember some huge Kaibab and Dove creek heads my uncles and cousins killed...

My first deer was a nice 4X muley. My friend was talking about it when we were elk hunting last month. He said, 'that was a big old buck, and the one I missed was bigger, it still haunts me 40 years later'... I never kept that rack and it haunts me now.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DUST! Unintended of course.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Savage 1899's
Old clothes irons with wooden handles (sadd irons)
Vinegar cruets
Brass horse bells
I must be wierd

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If'n the original poster decides he wants to let go of a cast iron dutch oven for a few bucks, please give a holler. Would like one and the new ones look like crap. Wouldn't mind finding an old Griswold or comparable DO.
I collect time off work, cute kid photos (hard not to with my two daughters), good memories, and according to my wife, less hair on my head.

Keep Smiling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kent
I have friend who collects Coleman lanterns. He strives for one of each year and or model, I think in some cases he had more than one may be you two need to get together and se if you can help each other complete your collections. PM me if interested
give me your E-mail and if he is interested I will have him contact you. Cheers NC
P.S. Do you have any wood augers in the 2-3inch diameter?

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Belly Button Lint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice revolver collection.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
coleman stoves

Have you seen the prices they are getting for those on fleabay?
Used em for many years, and always had the 2 foot flame until they warmed up grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kent - cool things you gather, and nice examples there. Thanks.

Several 52-72 trucks (some big - mostly Chev/GMC) have collected me, as have some blue collar rifles.

I love gathering up wonderful people as close friends. Have found precious few - and they surely are precious.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Miocene shark teeth. It IS part of my job, too, but I still do it on my own.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by JonS
If'n the original poster decides he wants to let go of a cast iron dutch oven for a few bucks, please give a holler. Would like one and the new ones look like crap. Wouldn't mind finding an old Griswold or comparable DO.
I collect time off work, cute kid photos (hard not to with my two daughters), good memories, and according to my wife, less hair on my head.

Unfortunately my cast iron and carbon knives in the cardboard box are untouchable.

As far a dutchovens, the lodge are the best for cooking. I do have an old Wagner titetop made with the griswold molds after they merged. A griswold footed DO will cost 300.00 bucks if you could find one.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by northcountry
Kent
I have friend who collects Coleman lanterns. He strives for one of each year and or model, I think in some cases he had more than one may be you two need to get together and se if you can help each other complete your collections. PM me if interested
give me your E-mail and if he is interested I will have him contact you. Cheers NC
P.S. Do you have any wood augers in the 2-3inch diameter?

I have three green pumpups... 220F, 220H, 220J, fairly common but if he needs one That's fine with me. I just use them and don't need that many. I have a red 200A but that one I'm keeping.

No augers, sorry.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by CCCC
Kent - cool things you gather, and nice examples there. Thanks.

Several 52-72 trucks (some big - mostly Chev/GMC) have collected me, as have some blue collar rifles.

I love gathering up wonderful people as close friends. Have found precious few - and they surely are precious.

Yes you do have nice trucks... friends, I'm not so sure about...

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$100 bills.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Memories

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.