-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Broke one yesterday. Hurt like blazes. Would not believe it was broken at first, so I walked and climbed ladders all day working thinkin I would just tough it out. Last night came in and took off boot to find multi colored foot and crooked second toe. Gently pulled it straight and taped it to one next to it. Spent night with it propped up high and today was on light duty. Never a good time to break a toe. Hurts like heck every time.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Broke my little toe on my left foot in 07

90� strait out from my foot had to have it set at the ER

Hurt? Yes

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ha! That's the look I'm sportin too. I got a touch more blue with mine.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've broken several over the years and they all hurt enough that I never wanted a do-over.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. Broke my big toe about 45 seconds in to a 3 round bout. Theres a treat for you. Pain isn't bad but sure screws with your balance.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've broke both of my big toes at different times as well as broke and reset my nose a couple of times after being young and dumb.

I'll take 10 broken noses to a broken toe any day. I don't have to walk on my nose...... $0.02

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Extremely! Especially if you try to curl your toes back under your foot.

I've done it twice. Once was on one of those $%#-%^#%$@ wheels on a bed frame. The other time was in high school. Some field hockey sticks had appeared from somewhere and our coach split us into two teams and armed us. The ball came out of the madding crowd. I had been hanging around the fringe of the mayhem, hoping to at some point in the future father a child, and it came directly toward me. I took off, shoving it along it front of me. Another player (could have been a teammate for all we knew about the game) couldn't catch me, so he just swung his club down in front of me, hitting me in the big toe.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I've broken every last one of mine. The first time I was 6 and helping my dad take apart a brick fireplace on our porch. I was loading the bricks on my little wagon and dropped one right on my big toe. Snapped it clean in two. It hurt. I cried.

Over the next 20 years, I managed to break, dislocate, and otherwise mangle the rest of them. Motorcycles, both dirt and street, claimed a few. Horses and cows claimed a few more.

A friend of mine broke my left little toe by throwing a paddle into johnboat I was standing in. The bad thing about that one was that I had broken my right little toe the day before while wading in a river. I was not happy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
First time was when I was a freshman in high school. Set the St Louis County half mile record four days later. It hurt when I broke but it really hurt after the race.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
First time was when I was a freshman in high school. Set the St Louis County half mile record four days later. It hurt when I broke but it really hurt after the race.

Dang! That's tough now! And just imagine how fast you would have been without a broken toe wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have broken a couple but pulling the nail off of one hurts like Hell too. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I broke my big toe in 2003!!!!!! It still hurts sometimes. It is also my Built in weather predictor, When my Toe starts Hurting expect cold and rainy weather. smirk

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I slipped on some steps about a month ago and tweaked my left pinkie toe. Not sure I broke it, but I was able to bend it sideways at the second joint. I taped it to the second toe and it seemed to be getting better, so I untaped it and promptly kicked one of my work boots, re-injuring it and here I sit with it still taped up and tender.

I broke the same toe when I was 17 and going on vacation. It was miserable for a few days until the swelling went down and I could get a shoe on. The colors were spectacular.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Broke my left toe in Iraq when a tow bar from a broke down HMMWV was dropped on it. Toenail is still messed up!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Downstream
Ha! That's the look I'm sportin too. I got a touch more blue with mine.

My son did me in trying to get on a tube in the lazy river at Seaworld San Antonio. tube flipped over......I flipped over......son flipped over.....I saw my glasses drifting away. My toe was the last thing I had on my mind.....LOL.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
hurts like hell. unreal how much it can hurt. radiates half way up my calf and throbs.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hurt?

Yep

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep. Working on an old heavy side by side barefooted once. Dropped it butt plate first on my big toe. Shattered that toe. Swelled up like a plumb.

Kelly
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Broke my right big toe a couple of years ago. Dog had cornered a big possum and I went on to the fray to get the dog and the possum came after me. I kicked at the possum and hit a big rock instead. Serious pain. Picked up another rock and smashed the possums head. End of toe was split open and bleeding. Had to go to ER.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 60 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,761
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.