Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hurt?

Its does tend to smart somewhat....

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kinda depends on what else you broke at the time you broke the toe.

I had my big to broken when it was run over by a bariatric bed while trying to transfer to an ICU in a hurry. That hurt.

I broke a few toes in a rock climbing accident where I also broke my back. Those toes didn't hurt much at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Broke my big toe on my right foot in 2011.
9 Cortizone shots and the quack trying reset it for 1 hour and I still have problems with it to this day.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
My second toe is longer than my big toe, was reaching for the ground on a night, combat equipment jump on Sicily drop zone at Ft. Bragg and stuck my foot straight down and hard then piled in right on the hard packed dirt runway.

Said toe turned about the whole spectrum of blue over the next week or so and hurt like crazy, of course I never went and had it looked at and PT pretty well sucked trying to run on it. I took that white medical tape and wrapped it to my big toe.

Mike

Last edited by ready_on_the_right; 10/19/14.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hurt?

Yes, but didn't hurt nearly as bad as when I severed part of all 5 left toes at once. Lost big toe between knuckle and nail, the next two at the knuckle, and essentially all of the smallest two in one shot. 20+ years back and still have some fun pains at times with that one ...

I've used stories like "lost them on Everest", "shark attack", "gator", etc. but the boring truth is that they were severed when a 1000 pound steel furnace door fell from over my head and landed on my left foot. Took them about 3.5 hours to remove my steel toed shoes stitch by stitch. Actually quite thankful to only be missing some toes at this point and still able to do the things I want to do. A little time in a wheel chair, much more on crutches and learning balance, and now I have an excuse for why I never could jump that well smile

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure I broke my little toe by running a pallet jack over it

[Linked Image]

Hurt a fair bit for awhile, though never went to the dock and just hobbled around until it felt better. It's a bit crooked which leads me to believe I broke it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Should have followed Ben Agajanian's path and become a place kicker. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Two toes and the hand bone behind my right little finger. I seem to remember they hurt pretty good at the time.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
broke the little toe on the left foot 45 years ago! It's still broke! lol

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Should have followed Ben Agajanian's path and become a place kicker. smile

Didn't think about that at the time but not a bad idea ... smile

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Years ago when I was about 13 I had a lawn jart go through my shoe and half way through my big toe. Does that count?

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds painful to me ...

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Younger and dumber, I dropped a full keg of beer off of my shoulder onto the toes of my right foot. I tried to walk it off but was leaving blood spots on the floor. When I pulled my boot off, my big toe and the next two were mangled. Went to the ER, lost the toenails off all three and came home with about 50 or so stitches. I couldn't get a shoe or boot on for three weeks.

We fight not for glory,nor for wealth,nor honor but only and alone we fight for freedom which no good man surrenders but with his life.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Snorkel
Younger and dumber, I dropped a full keg of beer off of my shoulder onto the toes of my right foot. I tried to walk it off but was leaving blood spots on the floor. When I pulled my boot off, my big toe and the next two were mangled. Went to the ER, lost the toenails off all three and came home with about 50 or so stitches. I couldn't get a shoe or boot on for three weeks.

Holy Socks,

We might have a winner here eek

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Years ago when I was about 13 I had a lawn jart go through my shoe and half way through my big toe. Does that count?

Sorry, it only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. wink

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BGunn
Originally Posted by Snorkel

Holy Socks,

We might have a winner here eek

'least you had the beer to get you through those 3 weeks, right? grin

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Couldn't remember how I got in this position, laying on the ground. Had I been knocked out? The guy was standing over me with a gun, taking his time. What did I have to lose? Gathering all my strength, I kicked at his nuts as hard as I possibly could.

And woke up in a world of pain, big toe broken from where I had kicked the bulkhead next to my bunk. blush sick

Broke the other big toe dropping some heavy machinery on it. That one didn't hurt as bad because the broken ankle hurt worse.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I broke the little toe on my right foot when I was about 6 years old!
It hurt for months as I did not tell my parents I had been running in the house and caught it around the wrought iron leg of a 1950's style dining room chair.
To this day that toe lies atop the next toe to the left (the ring finger toe?).
My right foot has been kind of a jinx over the years as I was bitten on the right foot by a rattlesnake, then two years later a spider bit my right big toe causing much pain and loss of toe nail, about twenty years ago I dropped a Hale Pump (95 pounds!) onto that foot crushing a nerve causing four toes to go numb for over a year and it seems I have rolled that foot several times while Hunting or running playing sports causing spraining of the ankle.
Never had any trouble with the left foot or my left toes!
One of the foot Doctors who treated me for later injuries noticed the broken toe and X-rayed it concluding it had "healed wrong" and he could re-break it and re-set it and it would heal correctly once in a cast.
Remembering the pain from the childhood toe breaking - I opted out of that remedy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yes I have. This year in Florida. Hit a curb walking in from the beach. Hitting it wasn't so bed, but pulling it to straighten it out was a bear.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
841 members (1234, 12344mag, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 80 invisible), 3,242 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,249
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.