Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No, TWR's posts on shooting and owning all three=experence, your post of YouTube videos.

Last edited by supercrewd; 10/25/14.

NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by supercrewd
No, TWR's posts on shooting and owning all three=experence, your post of YouTube videos.

Several problems with that.

1) I already beat him to the actual shooting the firearms claim.

2) After I posted the videos showing what I described, he then referenced the videos provided and claimed no movement from the 9mm which there clearly is.

3) Hickok45 is also something of a giant as well(his video with a 4" Python looks like an average person holding a J Frame) and has been at it quite awhile so it isn't like I used a newbie petite lady or child to demonstrate what I had already experienced and described.

But, hey, if you wish to join in on his false claims, knock yourself out. It is what it is and can clearly be seen in the video.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Since you like videos, please not the "harsh" flip or whatever you called it.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wli78MLYFTU

And to the OP, I would pass on this particular gun.
And another though it is a 10.5" and suppressed
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azSXz8VKbhI

Last edited by TWR; 10/26/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TWR
Since you like videos, please not the "harsh" flip or whatever you called it.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wli78MLYFTU

And to the OP, I would pass on this particular gun.
And another though it is a 10.5" and suppressed
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azSXz8VKbhI

Why didn't you just copy and paste a quote of what I said? Oh, I know, because you can't tell the truth. So with that in mind, here is what I said:

Originally Posted by sherp
Haven't tried a .40, but have tried a 9mm Colt 635 and the muzzle flip from 9mm seemed worse than 5.56 out of a 14.5"+phantom pencil barrel so .40 should jack that up even more.

Unless you are shooting on a range that doesn't allow rifle ammo, I really do not see many perks with a 16" pistol round carbine.

Interesting also that you show us a video where the muzzle is moving quite a bit to show us something with(according to you) the same recoil characteristics as a .22LR.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I looked at the video did not seem like much muzzle flip to me.

IC B2

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TWR
The 9mm AR (Colt 6450) is as smooth shooting as the M&P 22LR.

Never heard of anyone that couldn't run one fast and flat, there just is no flip, dip or movement at all compared to a 223.

That said I traded mine cause the 223 will out do any pistol chambering when it counts. Pistol cartridges belong in pistols unless you just want to have fun on the range.

In case you forgot what I said. I've yet to see in any video or actual experience, a 9mm with more flip than a 223. It's the first thing everyone who shot my 9mm raved about, how the sights barely moved off target and it's the only reason I'd reccomend a 9mm carbine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I looked at the video did not seem like much muzzle flip to me.

It isn't terrible, but definitely more than .22lr and in my opinion more than 5.56mm. It is why I got a vid of an experienced shooter firing 9mm & 5.56mm. Not

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As soon as anyone posts videos of Hickock as proof of anything I vomit a little in my mouth.

Anybody with any time behind a gun knows that there are too many variables to deal with to make any sort of rational judgement on something like "muzzle flip" by watching a few videos of that old geezer. For starters, it's blatant that he's not even holding the guns the same in both videos, which would be a basic requirement of evaluating muzzle rise on the two guns. I mean, come on...this is grade school stuff.

Show me a video of the same person, holding the same gun (or guns set up similarly), holding it the same way, with information on the ammo used, from a camera angle that can even evaluate muzzle rise, with a backdrop of a color that contrasts the gun and preferably has horizontal lines for reference. Something like this (skip to 3:10 if you want). This video is useful. Hickock is not.

And that video brings up another good point....Anyone who has any muzzle rise at all with an AR ONLY has muzzle rise because he wants to. You can build a 5.56 AR with NO muzzle rise and you can build a .40 pistol with NO muzzle rise, so the whole debate is kinda silly.

This is a S&W 16" gun that I carry daily and it has almost no muzzle rise (and it's not even a "race gun").

Or rather than watching all those videos a better option is to ask the advise of a known good guy (TWR) and ignore the ramblings of a known troll (sherp).

This approach will save you a lot of time and keep you from having to watch old men miss steel on youtube.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I showed videos of guns set up similarly being fired by the same person and filmed from roughly the same spot. Looked the same as what I observed firsthand. How does your videos showing guns not set up the same way back up your claims?

And how am I a troll exactly? I support all officers doing as they please just like you do and you do not call yourself a troll.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
LOL

Whew! You had me going there for a minute! I was beginning to think I had the wrong person! Glad we attack the same people here as being cop haters for posting stories about officers raping women during traffic stops and so on. The only real difference between you and me is you get to assist your fellow officers at the scene which probably does make you support them even more when someone here attempts to slander them over that stuff.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Blue, which brake do you have on that S&W?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a Battlecomp. It actually overcomes a little bit and can force the muzzle to dip if you get too aggressive with your grip and stance. I've also got a VLTOR A5 setup on it with an H3 buffer, which made a big difference in how it "recoiled" too.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Thanks Blue. Just trying to decide what to put on the end of "my wife's" new Sig brace rig.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I've also got a VLTOR A5 setup on it with an H3 buffer, which made a big difference in how it "recoiled" too.

Ding ding ding, we have another winner!! So many people worry about what they can hang on their muzzle to control things but paying attention to the bolt speed etc can make far more difference in how smooth a gun shoots. I ran a dot on a pistol for a while and the springs and load had more effect on the smoothness of the pistol than the muzzle device.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
I've also got a VLTOR A5 setup on it with an H3 buffer, which made a big difference in how it "recoiled" too.

Ding ding ding, we have another winner!! So many people worry about what they can hang on their muzzle to control things but paying attention to the bolt speed etc can make far more difference in how smooth a gun shoots. I ran a dot on a pistol for a while and the springs and load had more effect on the smoothness of the pistol than the muzzle device.

I hear you VI. I know Blue likes SpringCo springs.

What do you like in a pistol set up?

Or say something with a 10 1/2 barrel and a carbine gas?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been liking just a thread protector these days. it makes the gun shorter I can have a 2" longer barrel for roughly the same weight and length. less blast is definitely a plus. I hate shooting next to all the wannabe sniper ninjas who have some kind of device on the end of their gun that puts sound and blast all across the shooting benches. a 223 does not recoil much at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buffers and brakes aren't about recoil...as in "dang that thing kicks a lot". They're about maintaining your sight picture and controlling muzzle rise....as in "I was able to spot my miss at 475 and adjust for the wind" or "dang how did Bluedreaux get two hits that fast?!?!? He's AMAZING!!!"

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Sorry for the late reply, when I referred to pistols I was talking race guns, mostly in .38 super.

I tried the 10" 5.56 and quickly gave it up, Im just to much of a whimp to deal with that kind of blast on a regular basis. Even go to a 14" tube makes it much more reasonable.

Brian Enos forum had a sticky for a while on tuning a gun and load with springs for best performance and it was an excellent read. He is a huge proponent of smoothing up the cycle of the gun as the #1 means of enhancing control.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,783
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.