Print Thread
Hop To
S
squesh Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I think that the gun is already marginal for pocket carry and that somebody would have to offer a super lw bullet, ie, 50 grs, at super high velocity (ie, 2200 fps) to give it some appeal as well as controlability. 180 grs at 800 fps (from that 3" barrel) aint gonna hack it, sales-wise). Of course, loads like I propose are AP, which will appeal to some buyer/users, but not to makers of guns or ammo.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
YOU think a P938 is marginal? Based on what?

A 50gr bullet at 2200fps is effective? AP for personal defense?

Where are you from? What PLANET specifically? Short barrel auto's in .40 & .45 sell very well. Many people find them quite manageable, and as for the P938, it's selling off the shelves quickly.

You just registered, and although new blood is a good thing, this looks like nothing more than an attempt to boost your post count which doesn't really lend any credence to credibility.

Welcome to the mix.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with squesh that the P938 is marginal for pocket carry. (I owned and carried a P238 for a time, but I sold it.) I also agree with BigNate that the P938's are popular with the public. Strangely, I don't know anyone who carries a P238 or P938 in their pocket. Lots of Rugers, Kahrs, and Kel-Telcs. Currently, I know 2 people who own either a 238 or a 938 and neither carries in his pants pocket. They'll carry in a jacket pocket but not pants.

Personally, I rarely carry in my pocket, but for me, only the smallest, lightest guns are appealing to me. If I ever put my Kahr PM9 in the front pocket of a pair of khaki pants, it still feels clunky and heavy, and it weighs just 14 oz empty. It's also more than half an inch shorter than the P938.

I don't really care whether Sig offers a .40 cal version of the P238/P938 (will they call it the P438?), if I am looking for a pocket gun, it won't be any of those.

EDITED TO ADD: By posting this, I'm not agreeing to the rest of what squesh posted. I won't comment on it. I just thought the "pocket carry" issue was worth discussing, having seen a number of guys buy a gun for pocket carry and then end up leaving it home, because it is too big for pocket carry.

Last edited by Waders; 10/20/14.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The only gun that I've ever regularly carried in a pants pocket was a NAA Mini Revolver in .22 Long Rifle. Anything heavier and/or bulkier is too heavy/bulky for the pants pocket, so at that point I move up to a service size sidearm and carry it IWB.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DFTFT.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
DFTFT.
I tried that, but you keep posting anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by squesh
50 grs, at super high velocity (ie, 2200 fps) to give it some appeal as well as controlability. 180 grs at 800 fps (from that 3" barrel) aint gonna hack it, sales-wise). Of course, loads like I propose are AP, which will appeal to some buyer/users, but not to makers of guns or ammo.

Are you serious??

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
DFTFT.

Cute. You think I'm a troll, but squesh is just fine and dandy. That says a lot about your personal judgment.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
DFTFT.

Cute. You think I'm a troll, but squesh is just fine and dandy. That says a lot about your personal judgment.
You know I generally like you. I was just getting your goat a little, which it seems isn't too hard to get. grin

I just rebel against members classifying someone a troll, then exhorting others to ignore them. That's an individual decision.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotcha. I don't have a goat ( though, with the right property goats would make sense, serving as pack animals and providing meat - tasty, they are).

Check the posts by the OP, factor in that he is quite likely the current incarnation of the recently departed "daniel boone", and coming up to the troll summation is not difficult.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

#9273353 - Yesterday at 05:46 PM Re: Pocket Pistols. Really... [Re: JCMCUBIC]
squesh Online content

you must wear "package hugger" pants, especially at that size and weight! sheesh. I have no problem at all ccwing and really swift draw with Sig P938 from a Kydex front pants pocket holster. Sitting down has never been a problem with it, but for long drives, I do remove it from the rig and stick it IWB, Mexican carry. I like the way that I can swap rig and all from pants to coat pocket, for cold weather ccw. Right before I enter or leave a building, if the coat is going to be doffed or donned, I swap the rig to the other pocket. Works great!

Edited by squesh (Yesterday at 05:48 PM)

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
A 40 S&W SIG P938 ? Unlikely... What's wrong with the 9mm? The energy is between the 38 Special and the 357 Magnum. It'll kill predatory humans.

If you want a 40 S&W or 45 ACP, go for it! But it'll be larger than a P938. I really like my Kimber Eclipse.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
114 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,381 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.