Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
c86man3 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I'm headed to San Francisco tomorrow for work. Monday will be my only day to site see (I'll be working the other days). What 2 restaurants would you eat at and what would you go see? I'm already planning on seeing the golden gate bridge and I'm not interested in alactraz.

GB1

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jump on the ferry. Have breakfast or lunch at Sam's in Tiburon. Dinner in Sausalito. Watch the city light up at night or see the fog roll in during the day.

For the city, start at the Ben&Jerry's in the Height. Jump on the bus that will take you to the pubs in the Lower Haight. After a few pints, get the bus to the triangle in Pacifie Heights. Finally, grab a bus over to ocean beach for end of the night coffee (at the Savoy if it is still there).

Have fun

P.S., China Town for dinner followed by the hard rock? So much to do.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
House of Prime Rib on Van Ness. As good as they are, don't fill up with the sides - the carver will come back to your table and offer you 2nds on P.R.

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry, North Beach (Savoy Tivoli - http://m.yelp.com/biz/savoy-tivoli-san-francisco-2).

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://m.yelp.com/biz/sutro-baths-san-francisco

You can park by rhe Sutro ruins and either walk down to the beach or walk on a bath along the ocean cliffs.

How old are?

Rep.Mitchell.
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
You will probably get 50 or 60 different answers to your question, and chances are, any and all of them will be good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Restaurants - Thahn Long and Swan oyster Depot.. Although Sam's Anchor is a solid choice, and this is the best time of year for a trip across the bay.

Bars on Haight - Aub Zam Zam on one end, The Toronado on the other. Two different eras, two different bars. The hood around the toronado can be a bit sketch at night.

Don't go to fisherman's wharf. For anything.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
C
c86man3 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I'm 28 and I'm Mormon, so I'm not interested in bars and pubs. That may limit the possibilities a tiny bit. Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hyde street seafood.

Half price oysters and beer specials for happy hour - all good and not super expensive.

http://www.hydestseafoodhouse.com/Home_Page.html

Last edited by Spotshooter; 10/19/14.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
For crab just hit the water front, and swans seafood is also a historic place to try.
The sourdough bread with chowder in it is also on the warf.
Try the Alcatraz tour if you have time.

Konkani is a high end Greek resturant that's worth it if you have time and money to.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Don't drop your wallet.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you do a search there's a thread with about 4 pages on what to do while in SFO.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Red Jade on Church near Market for Americanized Chinese food. La Cumbres on Valencia near 16th for Mission style burritos.

Valencia Street in the Mission is a hipster hangout and great for coffee and people watching. Just don't leave anything valuable in your car.

If you have never seen a redwood forest go the Muir Woods across the Golden Gate (that's two birds with one stone). Spend some time in the Marin headlands at the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA).

If you like Dirty Harry, check out this: http://dirtyharryfilminglocations.wordpress.com/

Don't tell anyone you are LDS because people in the City still think that the Mormons, not the 20 Million Catholics in California, are the reason that Prop 8(traditional marriage) passed.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Take Rangers advice as he is tuned into the city more than most people. He is also a good guy to know. Enjoy your time there I had a blast on what I like to call my working vacation.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 40O
Jump on the ferry. Have breakfast or lunch at Sam's in Tiburon. Dinner in Sausalito. Watch the city light up at night or see the fog roll in during the day.

For the city, start at the Ben&Jerry's in the Height. Jump on the bus that will take you to the pubs in the Lower Haight. After a few pints, get the bus to the triangle in Pacifie Heights. Finally, grab a bus over to ocean beach for end of the night coffee (at the Savoy if it is still there).

Have fun

P.S., China Town for dinner followed by the hard rock? So much to do.

When in San Fran...

the skeezy Hard Rock chain is recommended?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Brandy Ho's Hunan restaurant in Chinatown.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
If you like seafood try the Cioppino. It's a seafood soup that is great.

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Its a big city crammed into a small area with way to many people.Do yourself a favor and go to the mountains someplace and just eat a hotdog or something. ED K

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Half Moon Bay!!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just moved my mom back to MN from Half Moon Bay after her living there for 16 years. I would say get out from the city and enjoy the surrounding areas. Take the skyline drive. John Muir woods, the park is amazing, fisherman's wharf is always a good time,battery park, so much to do and see. China town is fun get off the main drag and you will be surprised by what you find. Just be careful SF has a pretty dark side to it as well. Have a great trip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,972 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.