-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought it was one mans opinion to which he is entitled. Some agree with him, some do not.. Some just want to pile on as it seems that many think it's the thing to do, just as you were doing on the safariman thread, piling on.

If that is what floats your boat, feel free to continue... or you can do as many did and go recant the safariman Uber buddy support and apologize to the man you chose to pile on to.

Kudos to Rattler and many others for doing just that.

Your call.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was piling on in that thread?

Hardly. I was standing up for somebody who I thought was a friend. That's what friends do. That's far different than a pile on.

As to the OP of that particular thread, you're right, an apology is in order. I have recanted elsewhere, only fitting that I do it there as well.

As for this thread. People are entitled to opinions, that is true. When they express those opinions openly, they are entitled to the feedback that comes as a result.

My comment was a jab at the whining. SU35 has been a long time poster here and has contributed much. It wasn't an attack on his character.

Heck, I've come on here and whined myself, then ASKED for guys to be brutal and tell me to suck it up and grow a set of balls. Sometimes we need to vent, and we also need to be told to get the sand out of our vag's.

"Your tampon is showing" is a lighthearted jab suggesting that he chin up. The whining wasn't necessary. It made him come across as something he's not, normally.

I'd expect the same treatment here from the regulars. Heck, it's often why I do vent here.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: To much noise ruins the hunt.

These threads are often good for a new sig line.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've bought a lot of stuff in the classifieds over the past couple years and sold a couple things - ratio is probably 10:1.

I seriously doubt any of the gentlemen that I sent my hard earned money to "pre-qualified" me by searching my previous posts to determine if I was a worthy buyer by virtue of my conversational contributions to the campfire. Rather, they were happy to find a buyer and I was happy to send them my money.

The classifieds are where buyers meet sellers and vice versa - doesn't seem all that complicated to me. OP needs to unwad his panties and find a real problem to tackle.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one joins the Campfire to share, participate, learn from others and has stuff he/she no longer needs and posts it in the Classifieds is one thing... not a problem at all...

But for someone to join the Campfire for the sole purpose of selling flea market, gun show, trinkets, and flipping scrounged up junk, then that a horse of a different color... not unlike the compass sale being discussed in the Hunter's Campfire as we chat now.

There are thieves working the Classifieds right now...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
smile

wink

Geo

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Geo, well said.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
If one joins the Campfire to share, participate, learn from others and has stuff he/she no longer needs and posts it in the Classifieds is one thing... not a problem at all...

But for someone to join the Campfire for the sole purpose of selling flea market, gun show, trinkets, and flipping scrounged up junk, then that a horse of a different color... not unlike the compass sale being discussed in the Hunter's Campfire as we chat now.

There are thieves working the Classifieds right now...

It appears you're correct, and it is trending that way more so.

Just my opinion.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
SU35 shut ur pie hole and quit whining about what people do on the campfire.Not everyone feels like they have to post on everything.We are not all friends here,Yeck most dont even know each others real name.Your beginning to remind me of Safariman

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's not difficult to figure out who to buy from and who not to.

Hell, I'm more bothered by the large percentage of non-hunters posting in the Hunter's Campfire...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 55 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,912
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.