Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here on the Campfire it used to be where friends would buy, sell, and trade between each other. We were hunters and shooters who helped each other out.

Have you noticed Classifieds have been taken over by people who do nothing but post on Classifieds. They offer NOTHING else to this site. They do not contribute any hunting or shooting knowledge.

They are here for only one reason. To make a buck $$$ off legitimate members.

These people are your "gun show" people. These same people are the ones who horde and drive up prices.
Who try to take advantage of the hunters and shooters who are here sharing information with each other.

Just to note, I will comment on their pricing.

And, just my opinion, I am not asking anyone to agree with me.
We don't need them.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WE don't need people who are rude by trashing other people's ads either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a bunch of whining to me Bob.

The 375 H&H you commented on as being "overpriced" is a bargain, and the seller is a great friend of mine who has taught me a ton about hunting and shooting.

Get over it.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I read the postings in the other sections of 'Fire and every once in a while I will post there. But, I don't often.

I do post fairly often in the classifieds but my wife will happily tell you that I'm not making any bucks on any of the stuff I end up selling.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

LOL
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SU35
Here on the Campfire it used to be where friends would buy, sell, and trade between each other. We were hunters and shooters who helped each other out.

Have you noticed Classifieds have been taken over by people who do nothing but post on Classifieds. They offer NOTHING else to this site. They do not contribute any hunting or shooting knowledge.

These people are your "gun show" people. These same people are the ones who horde and drive up prices.
Who try to take advantage of the hunters and shooters who are here sharing information with each other.

We don't need them.

Who are you and why are you posting in our classifieds?

grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Should there be a law ending gun shows?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
No, Tanner,

I'm not going to get over it.

If the price is cheaper somewhere else I'll show it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tanner
Sounds like a bunch of whining

^^

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The classifieds section needs no additional regulation or policing. Honest folks are rather astute assessing wares and sellers on a case-by-case basis. Let's not go and cock it up in the name of 'good'.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, Tanner,

I'm not going to get over it.

If the price is cheaper somewhere else I'll show it.

Good luck.

And maybe you missed the part where dies, components, and shipping are included.

Either way, you're far off line schitting on his thread.

Tanner

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who cares if someone only posts in just the classifieds? I think most people that shop here know a good deal or a scam when they see it.

Last thing we need is more moderation.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, it's great to have members who post here across the spectrum, but it's a free site and country, and your trashing of a classified gun listing is low rent...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like somebody missed something they really wanted. I wish more chit was in the classifieds.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

We don't need them.

I only rent my gear. Same as you do your girlfriends.

Get over it

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Another on the Prima-Donna list.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yep, wow.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So why the hell do you bump all the knife ads?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
gee...I had a list of 30 personal guns to get rid of, now I guess they will go to auction. Not that I want to get rid of them but medical bills after insurance force it.

SU35, ever have cancer in your head? I'll teach you about it. Loss of one eye, loss of some vision in other, loss of hearing one side, no stamina, vertigo problems. That affects all hunting I do or will do.

Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: To much noise ruins the hunt.

I set prices as a starting point, counter offers can always be made. If you don't like the prices don't buy. Don't piss and moan about them either.

I hope I don't piss on your fire....too much. Just my opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well......I post on other forums here and try to sell stuff here, too. Lord knows I've bought more than my share off the classifieds here.

But after I give 24hr members first chance at my stuff for sale, I may post it on a few other sites. Sold a lot of stuff lately on other sites when it wouldn't sell here.

But do I contribute in other forums besides the classifieds forum on the other sites??

NO.

I think some of the posting here where the member doesn't contribute elsewhere may be the same circumstance as mine on other sites.

But go ahead and do whatever floats your boat. Free country, but you should expect some backlash as has already happened.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For Sale: Faux Ti 260, $3,000. You pay shipping and insurance. Money orders only.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
For Sale: Faux Ti 260, $3,000. You pay shipping and insurance. Money orders only.

[Linked Image]

I'll take it.....but I've been thinking a lot lately about becoming a welcher! whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore

[Linked Image]

I'll take it if 257heaven backed out.

Wait. He just pm'ed me. He is going to sell me one of his NULA's for $250 plus throw in a Nightforce to help cover shipping. It's a little Nightforce. Hold him to it boys. He promised.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I remember when I first started coming to the fire. I would browse the classifieds looking for deals, would also search and browse the other forums. I learned a lot of valuable informations in regards to hunting.

Then I came across someone bitching about not posting and "contributing" to other areas of the campfire. So, I thought I would chime in with some of my experiences and knowledge so that I wasn't "taking advantage" of other campfire members.

Until of course, I would get ridiculed, yelled at, and bitched at because I didn't have some of the experiences or knowledge that some of the older, more knowledgeable hunters here, and that I was actually giving out wrong information to others. How stupid is that? Just because someone is a writer, 138 years old, and killed a field mouse with a damn .270 from 807 yards away, that all of a sudden makes them better than everyone else? What am I supposed to do now? I can't reply in the forums, but if I buy something on the classifieds, I'm wrong also?

This is a damn internet site, with 50,000 members that each have their own opinion about things. Who gives a crap about what people do in this site. Take from it what you want, but don't try and regulate everything.

Get over yourself.

Joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Not everyone can be a safariman and contribute vastly to other forums.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No------I haven't noticed!!!!!!

Ken

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ya'll keep fueling this fire and I will surf for all the good bargans!!!!!.............lol

I say we just let the moderators take care of it.

This is a great site with great people. And I would rather someone here make some money on me or be a little over priced than I would buying from a big box store

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy
I remember when I first started coming to the fire. I would browse the classifieds looking for deals, would also search and browse the other forums. I learned a lot of valuable informations in regards to hunting.

Then I came across someone bitching about not posting and "contributing" to other areas of the campfire. So, I thought I would chime in with some of my experiences and knowledge so that I wasn't "taking advantage" of other campfire members.

Until of course, I would get ridiculed, yelled at, and bitched at because I didn't have some of the experiences or knowledge that some of the older, more knowledgeable hunters here, and that I was actually giving out wrong information to others. How stupid is that? Just because someone is a writer, 138 years old, and killed a field mouse with a damn .270 from 807 yards away, that all of a sudden makes them better than everyone else? What am I supposed to do now? I can't reply in the forums, but if I buy something on the classifieds, I'm wrong also?

This is a damn internet site, with 50,000 members that each have their own opinion about things. Who gives a crap about what people do in this site. Take from it what you want, but don't try and regulate everything.

Joe

yep

Last edited by stangfish; 10/20/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rangemasterx
Ya'll keep fueling this fire and I will surf for all the good bargans!!!!!.............lol

I say we just let the moderators take care of it.

This is a great site with great people. And I would rather someone here make some money on me or be a little over priced than I would buying from a big box store

This site is not really moderated. A few have been kicked off. But they usually show up again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Threads are more interesting when Stick is contributing.......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Well, contribute really isn't the word

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW, Now I don't have to read the comic's tonight.

Bill
NRA Patron life member.
RMEF
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
What if they are a classifieds whore and they schidt up your for sale thread? That's the lowest of the low. I like being able to buy stuff on here and could care less if all they do is hang out in that section. It's only when they crap on someones add or bad mouth a member in good standing like Mac1978 just did to pal. That guy can GFH!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...lson_Waterfowl_Upland_Coat_X#Post9244496

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/262449/588/GOOD_GUY_LIST

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

We don't need them.

Why don't you put identical packages up for sell at a few hundred less like you want other people to? Lead by example, then people won't think you're just a nasty person full of hot air.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The title of this forum is "Free Classifieds"...as in No Cost, or No Contribution Of Any Freakin' Kind Required!!!!!!!

"Smile, God loves you!"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Higbean
What if they are a classifieds whore and they schidt up your for sale thread? That's the lowest of the low. I like being able to buy stuff on here and could care less if all they do is hang out in that section. It's only when they crap on someones add or bad mouth a member in good standing like Mac1978 just did to pal. That guy can GFH!

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/262449/588/GOOD_GUY_LIST

Another bitch on ignore!

Last edited by oregontripper; 10/20/14.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Check this whore out..

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
definitely over priced.

Last edited by JBO69; 10/20/14.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'll add that anyone that has 11,000+ post on ANY internet site might need to take a look at his life........

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JBO69
definitely over priced.
Depends....you talkin' Vegas or Costa?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We don't need them.

That "Campfire" of which you speak burned out long ago. It's been replaced by a shill's paradise.

The owner, who used to be a regular, sold out long ago. Reference the political ads and the other crap that pops up so often and veraciously that most people here run ad block software just for this site. It doesn't matter, as he gets paid for hit traffic and clicks on ads where you are likely to click on the accidentally.

After the owner sold out, the Classified became a free-for-all and those who do nothing other than run businesses through here (legally or otherwise - safariman and Larry Root types) dominate it.

If you get REALLY lucky, you'll catch a deal still ever blue moon. Otherwise, it just isn't worth even checking here any longer.

As with the nation, sites often follow the path of their leader. This one has been obvious for a while.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by watch4bear

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigamhuntr
I'll add that anyone that has 11,000+ post on ANY internet site might need to take a look at his life........

You might learn a thing or two....from those who have knowledge and experience, and willing to share and help others.

Now if you want to pay for that, I accept cash and good checks.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Does anyone know where I can buy a Chevy Avalanche?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Now that's funnier than �ber chit!

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I figured that would get a rise outta of someone. wink

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Don't pay attention hence haven't noticed and could really GAF.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

How important is a transmission to you??

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Depends on if it has good tires and a custome mounted winch

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oregontripper

Another bitch on ignore!

Sorry Oregontripper, thought you were talking to me. And yes Mac1978 is a bitch I agree.

Last edited by Higbean; 10/20/14.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Poke

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by slg888
Check this whore out..

[Linked Image]

Poor little thing. I think she's cold.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
One might choke a little on those nips.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by slg888
Check this whore out..

[Linked Image]

Poor little thing. I think she's cold.

She looks hot to me.LOL

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4ager

That "Campfire" of which you speak burned out long ago. It's been replaced by a shill's paradise.

The owner, who used to be a regular, sold out long ago. Reference the political ads and the other crap that pops up so often and veraciously that most people here run ad block software just for this site. It doesn't matter, as he gets paid for hit traffic and clicks on ads where you are likely to click on the accidentally.

After the owner sold out, the Classified became a free-for-all and those who do nothing other than run businesses through here (legally or otherwise - safariman and Larry Root types) dominate it.

If you get REALLY lucky, you'll catch a deal still ever blue moon. Otherwise, it just isn't worth even checking here any longer.

As with the nation, sites often follow the path of their leader. This one has been obvious for a while.

Bitching about something free and how something is not perfect for them.

Gotta be a Democrat...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't think this went as the OP expected

Hell who would want to read what I wrote anyway

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i do gunshows and i sell here. all my customers are happy.some things sell better in other parts of the country then where i live.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Poke

Go poke yourself you motherless whelp of a whore!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Go get'em Higbean!

Gawd this thread is awesome! Why the [bleep] would someone frequent a site they think sucks? Because they do! They suck and suck and suck, then humm a little then suck suck suck....

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001G7QR08?pc_redir=1413685456&robot_redir=1

I think if everyone that now has the OP on ignore contributes $1 each we could get him several cases of the above item to help with his overall disposition. I even made sure it was on sale so he couldn't bitch about the price!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We don't need them.

I have noticed this also so I have gotten approval from Rick to have all Classified Ads PM'ed to me before they are posted so I can review the pricing and content before allowing them to be posted in the Classifieds. I appreciate everyone assistance in this matter...

Sincerely
24HR Classified Price Checker.

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[Linked Image]

ROTFFLMFAO !

That ads a whole new meaning to the "I Fart in your general direction" phrase!
And I agree with your message!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There's whiners everywhere you go! I posted a for sale ad over on predator masters a couple a days ago and sold it within a day and then the whiners came
out. "You can't post in the for sale ads unless you have at least 40 posts"
I contribute to other parts of the fire when I feel I can add something accurate and that's not often but I don't want to hand out bad info.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Poke

Bump

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
anybody want to buy some fudge, or some jerky, or some giant, chinese made swords? i got a friggen ass-load of the above. an ass-load i tell ya.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have noticed that the classifieds have been taken over by whiners starting threads about how butthurt they are.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My take... Everytime, did I say EVERY TIME!!! I ever posted on the forums, someone is quick to jump my a$$. I try to offer my advice but it always draws criticism. I quit going to the forums for that reason. Unlike other boards I do post on, we all learn together through constructive advice, not condemnation!

Live and die by the Browning...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Its good to get it off your chest. You shouldn't keep stuff like that in.

MOLON LABE

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Hmmm...I've mounted a wench in an Avalanche before...just shoot me a message if you need instructions...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Once, when I posted about a topic I had zero first hand knowledge of, I felt dirty.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I only post to spread karma. It helps align my chakras.

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Looks like all the "Johnny come lately" have an opinion.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its good to get it off your chest.

Underchest?

[Linked Image]

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We don't need them.

Um...

Your tampon is showing...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The classifieds are just like a gun show every thing a little too high and a Jem shows up from time to time. Or somthing I really need..then the price usually doesn't seem to high...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CowboyTim

Hmmm...I've mounted a wench in an Avalanche before...just shoot me a message if you need instructions...

Did you mount it to the plastic head liner?

Apparently you missed the whole. "Worlds most awesome Avalanche for sale" thread here a couple weeks ago

And no I don't need THOSE instructions

Last edited by gitem_12; 10/20/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

We don't need them.

Um...

Hmmm, how's your uber best buddy friend safariman these days? Haven't heard much out of him lately..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Naw mounted it right on the driver's seat, easier to reach that way...must've missed that other thread...Carry on sir.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I only post to spread karma. It helps align my chakras.

Like these chakras?
[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Them chakras would provide a lot of harmony grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do you like the color yellow?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW

We don't need them.

Um...

Hmmm, how's your uber best buddy friend safariman these days? Haven't heard much out of him lately..

Ok, so clearly you're confused...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not really an issue for myself. I do notice it. Knifes, flippers etc. I just pass them by or laugh at the prices. You pay your money and take your chances. The big posting sellers are known, and the rep is what they deserve for the most part.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Poke

grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It still gives the members chances to buy what they want. Whats the big deal?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Naw mounted it right on the driver's seat, easier to reach that way...must've missed that other thread...Carry on sir.

Here you go sir

Enjoy

Uberlanche

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We don't need them.

Um...

Ok, so clearly you're confused...

Facts is facts smile

"You'll have one HELL of a challenge in attempting to cast even the slightest bit of shadow upon the character of safariman. He's about as quality of a man as you'll find anywhere.

Your post only makes me question your integrity..."

Are these not your words?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BCJR

[Linked Image]

Nope, not butthurt. I figured out pretty early that SM was a tool and a cheat

I just find the avalanche thread humorous as hell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stangfish
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy

Joe

yep

Spot on

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

[Linked Image]

Wasnt directed at you gitem , just a blanket statement on how we all can take things a bit much too seriously on a internet forum. At the end of the day no one gives a [bleep] what anyone else thinks or knows , most people posting elsewhere on here just want their opinions validated. I sure someone will be along shortly to tell me im wrong. smile

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

[Linked Image]

Wasnt directed at you gitem , just a blanket statement on how we all can take things a bit much too seriously on a internet forum. At the end of the day no one gives a [bleep] what anyone else thinks or knows , most people posting elsewhere on here just want their opinions validated. I sure someone will be along shortly to tell me im wrong. smile

Ah heck I'll do it for them, Your wrong! Now carry on folks. grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

[Linked Image]

My bad, carry on

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Facts is facts smile

"You'll have one HELL of a challenge in attempting to cast even the slightest bit of shadow upon the character of safariman. He's about as quality of a man as you'll find anywhere.

Your post only makes me question your integrity..."

Are these not your words?

Sure were, before all of the facts came to light. I said it would be a challenge. Didn't say it was impossible.

I'm with rattler on this. Some of us had hunted with him, shared meals with he and his wife, received gifts from him, watched him dote on our children and weren't shown the other side until everything came to a head here.

I was mislead, it happens. Kind of like how I used to think you were a stand up guy too. Clearly I am a poor judge of character.

So, once again, since he is NOT my "uber best buddy friend", clearly you are confused. Nothing new of course.

What does any of that have to do with the OP acting like a little girl with the whining?

Furthermore, why did you feel the need to lash out when he was called out? You two have something going on that we should know about? Is he your "uber best buddy friend?"

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Um...

Was this necessary? Anyhow, that's why I chose to "lash out" at you... Time to grow up.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was the whining necessary?

Grow up? Like you? laugh

Ok...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought it was one mans opinion to which he is entitled. Some agree with him, some do not.. Some just want to pile on as it seems that many think it's the thing to do, just as you were doing on the safariman thread, piling on.

If that is what floats your boat, feel free to continue... or you can do as many did and go recant the safariman Uber buddy support and apologize to the man you chose to pile on to.

Kudos to Rattler and many others for doing just that.

Your call.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was piling on in that thread?

Hardly. I was standing up for somebody who I thought was a friend. That's what friends do. That's far different than a pile on.

As to the OP of that particular thread, you're right, an apology is in order. I have recanted elsewhere, only fitting that I do it there as well.

As for this thread. People are entitled to opinions, that is true. When they express those opinions openly, they are entitled to the feedback that comes as a result.

My comment was a jab at the whining. SU35 has been a long time poster here and has contributed much. It wasn't an attack on his character.

Heck, I've come on here and whined myself, then ASKED for guys to be brutal and tell me to suck it up and grow a set of balls. Sometimes we need to vent, and we also need to be told to get the sand out of our vag's.

"Your tampon is showing" is a lighthearted jab suggesting that he chin up. The whining wasn't necessary. It made him come across as something he's not, normally.

I'd expect the same treatment here from the regulars. Heck, it's often why I do vent here.

Turdlike, by default.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: To much noise ruins the hunt.

These threads are often good for a new sig line.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've bought a lot of stuff in the classifieds over the past couple years and sold a couple things - ratio is probably 10:1.

I seriously doubt any of the gentlemen that I sent my hard earned money to "pre-qualified" me by searching my previous posts to determine if I was a worthy buyer by virtue of my conversational contributions to the campfire. Rather, they were happy to find a buyer and I was happy to send them my money.

The classifieds are where buyers meet sellers and vice versa - doesn't seem all that complicated to me. OP needs to unwad his panties and find a real problem to tackle.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one joins the Campfire to share, participate, learn from others and has stuff he/she no longer needs and posts it in the Classifieds is one thing... not a problem at all...

But for someone to join the Campfire for the sole purpose of selling flea market, gun show, trinkets, and flipping scrounged up junk, then that a horse of a different color... not unlike the compass sale being discussed in the Hunter's Campfire as we chat now.

There are thieves working the Classifieds right now...

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
smile

wink

Geo

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Geo, well said.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one joins the Campfire to share, participate, learn from others and has stuff he/she no longer needs and posts it in the Classifieds is one thing... not a problem at all...

But for someone to join the Campfire for the sole purpose of selling flea market, gun show, trinkets, and flipping scrounged up junk, then that a horse of a different color... not unlike the compass sale being discussed in the Hunter's Campfire as we chat now.

There are thieves working the Classifieds right now...

It appears you're correct, and it is trending that way more so.

Just my opinion.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
SU35 shut ur pie hole and quit whining about what people do on the campfire.Not everyone feels like they have to post on everything.We are not all friends here,Yeck most dont even know each others real name.Your beginning to remind me of Safariman

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's not difficult to figure out who to buy from and who not to.

Hell, I'm more bothered by the large percentage of non-hunters posting in the Hunter's Campfire...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,865
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.