Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sent that to my sis last night saying i should get one to show her spiders arent all bad....she threatened that if i got one she would meet me in her yard gun in hand just in case i had it with me grin

Last edited by rattler; 10/20/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wondered when somebody would post that here...

what load for bird-eating spiders? Obviously not bird shot.

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Clever photographic trickery, i.e,. his hand is about a foot back from the spider, thus creating the impression that the spider is much bigger than his hand. Hunters do this trick with bears they've shot all the time, i.e., get behind the bear, creating the impression that the bear is much bigger than it actually is in relation to his own body.

Still, those spiders are quite big. There were once spiders with abdomens the size of basketballs, though.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Walking in the jungle at night in Guysna without the light on. Yea, with bushmasters and fer de lance around.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Looks like there's a lot of good meat on that feller! Who's up for a tasting?

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I thought of Les too! laugh

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Clever photographic trickery, i.e,. his hand is about a foot back from the spider, thus creating the impression that the spider is much bigger than his hand. Hunters do this trick with bears they've shot all the time, i.e., get behind the bear, creating the impression that the bear is much bigger than it actually is in relation to his own body.

Still, those spiders are quite big. There were once spiders with abdomens the size of basketballs, though.

Ok dumbass.............

Its leg span can reach up to a foot (30 centimeters), or about the size of "a child's forearm," with a body the size of "a large fist," Naskrecki told Live Science. And the spider can weigh more than 6 oz. (170 grams) � about as much as a young puppy, the scientist wrote on his blog.

When Naskrecki approached the imposing creature in the rainforest, it would rub its hind legs against its abdomen. At first, the scientist thought the behavior was "cute," he said, but then he realized the spider was sending out a cloud of hairs with microscopic barbs on them. When these hairs get in the eyes or other mucous membranes, they are "extremely painful and itchy," and can stay there for days, he said. [Creepy-Crawly Gallery: See Spooky Photos of Spiders]

But its prickly hairs aren't the birdeater's only line of defense; it also sports a pair of 2-inch-long (5 centimeters) fangs. Although the spider's bite is venomous, it's not deadly to humans. But it would still be extremely painful, "like driving a nail through your hand," Naskrecki said.

And the eight-legged beast has a third defense mechanism up its hairy sleeve. The hairs on the front of the spider's body have tiny hooks and barbs that make a hissing sound when they rub against each other, "sort of like pulling Velcro apart," Naskrecki said.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
glad i don't live in guyana. wherever the hell that is.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
same species, average size, they get bigger than this specimen

[Linked Image]

course not just spiders get big
[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Rattler, do centipedes have a single stinger, or what?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no stinger, the rear legs are just legs...impressive set of jaws though(technically highly modified front legs), venomous aswell, not deadly to the majority of people but have killed kids....dont get bit by any of the big ones down your way though its going to ruin your day

[Linked Image]

Last edited by rattler; 10/20/14.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.