-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew I had you on ignore for a reason..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is the compass still for sale? laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Read above statement about the shipping. Yes, I sure am. But an ethical one that is not a liar and a cheat.

Yep...it was really ethical to try & stiff paypal of their fee.
You can try to justify that all you want, but it is what it is.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Actually that 14.78 I sent was my idea. I called PayPal to try to get this whole thing sped up. The lady said" why in the world are you going to give him money for shipping?" I simply replied that it would give me something to laugh about, and it was worth more than that in entertainment value. Once again, poor communication and a "shoot first ask questions later" approach by one of these "sportsmen" has created chaos. Do you guys ever look around and question why things turn out the way they do, or is that beyond your mindset?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You could avoided everything if you were to refund the $60 in the first place. Look around yourself and see why this turned out the way it did.

Some people are too phugging stupid to know they are stupid, you fit the mold.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I don't recall ever seeing a low priced compass without a bubble in it.

Won't find a high priced one without either.

Not sure what to make of those comments..I've owned several modestly priced liquid filled compasses, plus one or two expensive ones and none had bubbles when bought..

I've read somewhere that a change in altitude and induce a bubble to form, but after flying with a couple in my kit over the years, I can't say I've seen it happen..

When (if) a compass does develop of bubble, I generally bin it and then replace...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Actually that 14.78 I sent was my idea. I called PayPal to try to get this whole thing sped up. The lady said" why in the world are you going to give him money for shipping?" I simply replied that it would give me something to laugh about, and it was worth more than that in entertainment value. Once again, poor communication and a "shoot first ask questions later" approach by one of these "sportsmen" has created chaos. Do you guys ever look around and question why things turn out the way they do, or is that beyond your mindset?

Are you related to Safariman by chance?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How many shovels do you wear out in a year? confused

Keep digging. grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Travis was wrong on the emotional part too.

Could be a tie.... grin

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by heavywalker
You could avoided everything if you were to refund the $60 in the first place. Look around yourself and see why this turned out the way it did.

Some people are too phugging stupid to know they are stupid, you fit the mold.

Let me get my crayon back out to draw the picture again. I shipped item in perfect condition....it came back with a bubble....why would I be interested in saying "hey,thanks for braking my toy and sending it back, here's all your money" why? Because I'm not retarded. Why not say " hey, maybe there's a solution and a reason this got damaged in transit or after opening" it has been my experience by seeing manipulative people (liars) that they instantly begin to accuse and blame others instead of finding a solution. it has also been my observation that stupid people are quick to jump on a passing bandwagon just because, well, they're stupid. See local sports,politics,new country music, etc.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It really is a simple concept that you fail to grasp. You are a seller, and as part of being a seller of an item on an internet forum you are responsible for the item that you ship until it arrives in acceptable condition in the buyers possession. If he is happy with the condition the sale is final and you can move on.

Up until that point it is up to you to protect yourself from damage that occurs before the item is in his possession. This is accomplished by insuring the item for the proper amount. If the item arrives damaged and the buyer is not happy with the condition then it is up to you to refund his money and up to you to recoup your loss from the insurance that you should have purchased on the item. If you didn't purchase insurance then it is your stupidity that caused you financial loss, not that of the buyer.

You can put that crayon back in your pocket protector champ, you are in fact quite retarded, and the fact that you don't see it is too funny on multiple levels. There was a solution, refund the money and have the buyer ship you your item back that you failed to pack properly resulting in damage. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If ever there was an epic fail on this site, this has to be right at the top.

Mac'nCheese1978, your reputation is done here, good luck trying to sell anything on this site again.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dude, you must just be drooling freaking stupid. If it was damaged in shipping,that would have been an option. The fact that he was just adimant that I was a scoundrel and had sold damaged goods leads me to believe that it was damaged in his possession. Even trying to communicate with some of you guys is painful

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Everything you have said here has led me to believe that you are a fugging moron. You keep flying that idiot flag high and proud okay princess.

The only good thing about this is that you are out the money and the compass is broken. Could not have ended better.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Dude, you must just be drooling freaking stupid. If it was damaged in shipping,that would have been an option. The fact that he was just adimant that I was a scoundrel and had sold damaged goods leads me to believe that it was damaged in his possession. Even trying to communicate with some of you guys is painful

I have no dog in this fight but this statement from the original communication with Pal sure looks like a blanket CYA statement to me:

(M)"Sounds good. Im out of town and had the wife pack and ship it. She usually does a good job, but i have no clue how she sent it."

wink

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not familiar with paypal or how it handles issues,

setting aside "the gift" thing that I don't understand,

if Mac was resolute that he did not ship a compass with a bubble and for whatever reason the bubble formed between the time he packaged it and Pal received it - lets say the UPS man punted it across the truck - if Paypal demands that Pal follow up with the damage claim for insurance or whatever, then I don't see the big deal in Mac asking Pal to contact Paypal and at least attempt to solve it thru them - with the caveat that if he doesn't get satisfaction from Paypal, he'll immediately refund the money.

I know that isn't how this played out from what I've read, but it seems it tried to go that way for a brief period of time.

I would hate to be out $74 because the UPS man dropped a box of hammers on my compass I shipped if there was recourse with insurance.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reinforces my reasons for never buying anything in the Classifieds from folks who only post in the Classifieds.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Funniest part of the whole story is paypal made you pay... BUYER PROTECTION does appear to have worked. spin it anyway you want, but end result is even paypal decided you're wrong. That's right, the entire company voted and decided you were wrong. They probably even got together and called you a phucstik after they got off the phone and you had to pay. SCORE ONE FOR PAYPAL.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No, no, no, it couldn't have been damaged in shipment, Mac thinks Pal dropped it... try to keep up grin

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.